Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Which position does Lambert need to strengthen?

I don''t know why you say RB. Russel Martin had a cracker Vs Swansea and he was up against one of the best wingers in the league (chelsea academy product Scott Sincliar). He beat him to every ball!

Wow, Shyster, I agree with you. Might have to go and have a lie down.I think RB is the position to strengthen. And that isn''t "Martin-bashing": it''s just a recognition that if we are to play the diamond, then attacking full backs are crucial to give us the pace and width that the current formation and personnel are lacking. To be fair to Drury, who is a naturally defensive full-back, he has worked really hard at being more effective getting forward. And we already have an alternative in Steve Smith - not that I know whether he can ''bomb on''. While Martin has been solid enough in defence he is simply not a good enough footballer to add anything going forward. So that''s where I would go for.

Quality centre half and a right back. These are two positions which we are currently very weak in. We would also benefit from a back up alternative to Grant Holt, who can bully defenders.

Quality - Did you actually go to the game?

Sinclair had a one on one saved by Ruddy after he skinned Martin & also Swansea had a penalty, which was won by Sinclair after Martin again got caught flat footed!

To be fair Martin was better than usual, but I''m afraid he stuggled with league one football last season and is certainly not up to Championship standard. Ask yourself why Peterborough, who were a poor Championship side last season let him leave!