Sign in to follow this  
nycanary

man city 2nd team

ok...so not about norwich but i was just playing with the man city squad and came up with 2 totally different starting 11s, both of which would finish in top half premiership:HartRichardsLescottKompanyKolarovA. JohnsonYaya ToureBarrySilvaBalotelli TevezTHENGivenZabaletaKolo ToureBoatengBridgeWright-PhillipsMilnerDeJongRobinhoAdebayorJoAnd outside of that, there still isn''t a place for Vieira,. Santa Cruz and Caicedo among others.That is just crazy.

Some will just say it''s the natural progression of the game, big clubs, big money etc.  I would say it''s utterly ridiculous and ruining the game.  Then again I read the guardian.

To be fair I think that is what every strong football team wants isn''t it? You want two players fighting for every position so you have competition throughout the squad. It maintains performance levels and allows you to cope with injuries. While the money Man City are spending is obscene it is nothing new. Blackburn and Chelsea before them have "bought" the title. Good luck to Man City in my opinion, these investors seem to be in for the long haul and if they had decided to invest here I for one would have welcomed them with open arms.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Some will just say it''s the natural progression of the game, big clubs, big money etc.  I would say it''s utterly ridiculous and ruining the game.  Then again I read the guardian. [/quote][+o(]In the words of the great Houston Canary, AKA. "Joseph Goebbels" :"Liberalism is the mental disorder of doubt, amoral lack of standards,

shame and hatred for success, and that stench called political

correctness."Pardon me while i wipe the tears....

.... The kind of wisdom Uncle Adolf would be proud of.

[quote user="John"][quote user="AndyJR"]Some will just say it''s the natural progression of the game, big clubs, big money etc.  I would say it''s utterly ridiculous and ruining the game.  Then again I read the guardian. [/quote][+o(]In the words of the great Houston Canary, AKA. "Joseph Goebbels" :"Liberalism is the mental disorder of doubt, amoral lack of standards,

shame and hatred for success, and that stench called political

correctness."Pardon me while i wipe the tears....

.... The kind of wisdom Uncle Adolf would be proud of.[/quote]Yes, but he was wrong. 

The trouble is though, and this will ultimately be Man City''s downfall, how many of those 22/25 players can you say are the best players in the world , or even in this country in their position??

Despite having a blank cheque book and a bottomless pit of money ,they still are some way off attracting the real TOP players in the world.

Are Lescott,Toure and Kompany the absolute best that money can buy (when money''s no object) or are Tevez,Adebayor,Balotelli and Santa Cruz the best strikers?

I''d want more than that , if money were no object.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Some will just say it''s the natural progression of the game, big clubs, big money etc.  I would say it''s utterly ridiculous and ruining the game.  Then again I read the guardian. [/quote]But on the bright side, Andy, Man City''s transfer activities did at least provide us with the hilariously ironic sight of Alex Ferguson going purple in the face[:@] over how iniquitous it was that a rich club should spend loads of money...[;)]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

The trouble is though, and this will ultimately be Man City''s downfall, how many of those 22/25 players can you say are the best players in the world , or even in this country in their position??

Despite having a blank cheque book and a bottomless pit of money ,they still are some way off attracting the real TOP players in the world.

Are Lescott,Toure and Kompany the absolute best that money can buy (when money''s no object) or are Tevez,Adebayor,Balotelli and Santa Cruz the best strikers?

[/quote]its a valid point.  its hard for a team to get the truly best players right off the bat.  it has to take time.  what they have picked up is a team capable of getting into the champions league, competing in multiple competitions and setting up for a future push at the title.  to me, their best team is:hartrichardskolo tourekompanykolarova johnsonmilnerbarryyaya touresilvatevezsubs:  balotelli, adebayor, wright phillips, jo, lescott, bridge, goalie since given is gonethat team there would be a force once it started gelling.not saying they will be up there challenging this season tho its possible if everything clicks.  but they are certainly on their way a la chelsea and blackburn.i am of two minds about this money thing.  on the one hand, its really a terrible thing...the wealth gap between clubs is changing the face of our sport.  but then again, seeing the lineups for united, city, arsenal, liverpool, chelsea, spurs, villa and everton really do make the english league the best in the world.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

The players they have are among the best, the very best however won''t be leaving their clubs anytime soon and Real, Man U, Barcelona etc won''t be selling them. I think they have probbaly bought the best of what is available.

I''m pretty certain that Boateng will be in the first eleven when his knee is sorted. I''d put him as one of the very best young defenders. I think players like Boateng and Balotelli are good acquisitions. I think they are going about it the right way given their money and from this season to next season just need to use the players they have and let them gel, rather than buying more than 2 players next season.

[quote user="cosmos67"]I believe that Milner is their best acquisition by afar![/quote]

I personally think James Milner is very overatted and is definately not worth £24m or whatever silly amount they paid.

The player I''m most excited about watching for Man City is Adam Johnson.  I think he will be REALLY good.  But I think their best acquisition since they have had all the money is Carlos Tevez.

The Milner deal is absolutely ridiculous. 18m + a player who is actually better than Milner anyways.

I think Man City have been studying the way I play Football Manager when I get to a big club with money. Sell everyone at the club already because it''s more fun to bring in your own players then keep throwing money at teams until they sell you the guy you want, even if his value is 5m and they wont sell for less than 15. If they adopt my innovative 3-5-2 formation with a single CB and flat middle 5 I may have to put on my foil hat, THEY''RE WATCHING ME I TELLS YOU!

[quote user="cosmos67"]I believe that Milner is their best acquisition by afar![/quote]Seriously? He has always struck me as very average, to be honest I would rather have Stephen Ireland. It seems madness that Ozil was £16m and Milner was £26mBalotelli seems to be exactly the kind of player they shouldn''t be buying, known for having a bad attitude and a massive ego. How long before he is seen wearing a Man Utd shirt like when he was seen wearing an AC Milan shirt whilst playing for Inter.Although Blackburn and Chelsea did spend big to win the League, it was nothing compared to what is going on at Man City; you can''t help but hope it all goes wrong for them.

[quote user="Boyo"]

[quote user="cosmos67"]I believe that Milner is their best acquisition by afar![/quote]

I personally think James Milner is very overatted and is definately not worth £24m or whatever silly amount they paid.

The player I''m most excited about watching for Man City is Adam Johnson.  I think he will be REALLY good.  But I think their best acquisition since they have had all the money is Carlos Tevez.

[/quote]

But is balotelli worth 22m? NO,

man city have paid over the odds for every player because the teams they are buying off knwo they have as much money as they want.

I really hope johnson starts the games ahead of some been there done it player - SWP?