Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Football League to put brake on Bellars registration

Are apparently saying they need to have more information about the deal and be satisfied it can be funded by Cardiff City. Good on them. At least the FL has shown itself in the past to have some balls unlike the weak willed FA. It may well get through but the pleasing thing is they are using words like "maintaining integrity of competition."

Whilst i am sure it has happened in the past, I wonder if actually having a large percentage of a players wages paid for by a club from a different division is actually technically contrary to some rule or other.

As it stands a prem club could in theory pay a large part of the wage bill of a lesser league club (with only the loan limitation).

This would get over the 25 player rule and allow them a feeder club. FL need to watch this very carefully.

Thank you moderators for returning this thread to the mainstream.

This is actually becoming an interesting issue. Having had a quick look at the third party ownership and payment rules brought in by the FA post Tevezgate I actually think that this type of arrangement may potentially be contrary to those rules. It certainly appears unfair that one team can gain a major advantage over the others because Man City are prepared to subsidise their wage bill to the tune of £65,000 per week.

Question is whether the FL have the stomach for the fight to avoid setting a precedent or whether in truth they are happy for money to drip down into the FL in this manner.

In nearly all loan arrangements the parent club will pay a part of the players wages. It is how loans generally work out, Man City paid a part of Huckerby''s wages when he came to Norwich. Who was complaining then?

I''m sure Yellow Wall will be along in a second to tell us all how loans are killing the game...

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

In nearly all loan arrangements the parent club will pay a part of the players wages. It is how loans generally work out, Man City paid a part of Huckerby''s wages when he came to Norwich. Who was complaining then?

I''m sure Yellow Wall will be along in a second to tell us all how loans are killing the game...

[/quote]

Did they pay part of Hucks wages? I am sure you are right but perhaps it has never been highlighted so clearly by a transfer before. For one month when the player is returning to fitness is one thing but for a whole season to this extent is another matter.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

It was never anywhere else. It belongs in Other Football as it is not actually NCFC related.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Did they pay part of Hucks wages? I am sure you are right but perhaps it has never been highlighted so clearly by a transfer before. For one month when the player is returning to fitness is one thing but for a whole season to this extent is another matter.

[/quote]

Of course it is impossible to ever know the real truth behind a transfer, I have been told on good authority that Man City did cover part of Huckerby''s wages. I have also heard that Cardiff''s contribution towards Bellamy''s wages will be covered by additional investment from their new Malaysian owners.

There is also no third party ownership issues, as Man City hold Bellamy''s registration and they are loaning him to Cardiff; that is only two parties. If you consider that Cardiff are being reported to be paying somewhere between 20k - 45k a week until the end of the season (1st June 2011, about 40 weeks from now) so Cardiff will be paying between 800k - 1.8m for Bellamy for a season. Doesn''t seem so unreasonable to me.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course it is impossible to ever know the real truth behind a transfer, I have been told on good authority that Man City did cover part of Huckerby''s wages. I have also heard that Cardiff''s contribution towards Bellamy''s wages will be covered by additional investment from their new Malaysian owners.

There is also no third party ownership issues, as Man City hold Bellamy''s registration and they are loaning him to Cardiff; that is only two parties. If you consider that Cardiff are being reported to be paying somewhere between 20k - 45k a week until the end of the season (1st June 2011, about 40 weeks from now) so Cardiff will be paying between 800k - 1.8m for Bellamy for a season. Doesn''t seem so unreasonable to me.

[/quote]

If its a season long loan does the registration not pass? If not how come the FL are saying they will not yet register him.

Regardless of whether the whole thing is within the rules I think it stinks and the authorities need to stop this from happening in the future or risk undermining the integrity of the league.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

It was never anywhere else. It belongs in Other Football as it is not actually NCFC related.

[/quote]My thread about the pompey disgrace was moved. But I think threads like that and this should be in the main board as this DOES (as does that) effect NCFC as it''s a team in our league, who look like they will benefit from getting a player they can''t afford to pay when they owe Motherwell an amount they can''t afford to pay. Every goal he scores that wins them a point in our league makes it NCFC-related. As with the Portsmouth cop-out where that crooked club was allowed to exist in our league with no points deduction this season. If Portsmouth or Cardiff play any part in our season''s success or failure, then both will be very much NCFC issues.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

I don''t believe this is true.

[quote user="ZiggyPiggy"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My thread about the pompey disgrace was moved. But I think threads like that and this should be in the main board as this DOES (as does that) effect NCFC as it''s a team in our league, who look like they will benefit from getting a player they can''t afford to pay when they owe Motherwell an amount they can''t afford to pay. Every goal he scores that wins them a point in our league makes it NCFC-related. As with the Portsmouth cop-out where that crooked club was allowed to exist in our league with no points deduction this season. If Portsmouth or Cardiff play any part in our season''s success or failure, then both will be very much NCFC issues.
[/quote]

A reasonable point but in that case there should be a justification in the original post. Saying that it''s one of bbb''s posts so it really should have it''s own sub-forum anyway (preferably hidden).

I think we''d all be severly browned off if it was us, not Motherwell, that Cardiff still owed money for a player, and a not unreasonable amount that is now way, way overdue...

If you had a creditor chasing an overdue debt and couldn''t pay them because you were just going off for a three week cruise around the Caribbean, then, regardless of whether you actually paid for it or not, the creditor would be asking lots of awkward questions-as in, if you have an income, of any sort, then this debt is the priority.

I don''t agree with other clubs paying a proportion of their players wages if they go on loan, and, to be honest, am not a great fan of the loan system anyway (I wouldn''t go as far as say its "killing the game" though-but in this case, its a professionally mutual piss take). Either the player plays or features for your club, or move them on. Does anyone think that Ryan Bertrand''s career has benefitted from all the loan moves and spells with other clubs he has had? And what is the point of him being at Chelsea, who are STILL his parent club? He is never going to break into their first team-so why does he stay there (anything to do with the contract he might be on?) and why do Chelsea keep him "on board"?

Ditto John Ruddy-look at all the clubs he went on loan to, from Everton, before he came to us. Farcical, how can his career have benefitted? He gets games, yes, but he''s never part of a team, never part of the club, never able to settle and focus on his career-until now.

I am sure that the loan system can have some merits, but when you get Premiership clubs loaning their players to other Prem clubs-as in Joe Hart last season-then it jsut becomes ridiculous. Either play them, pay them, or move them on.

Cardiff have a subsidised member of their squad who will have an enormous influence on their season without affecting their wage bill-when the rule that only a certain %tage of a clubs turnover can go on wages, this sort of agreement will be very handy.

The fact that Mancini and Man City didn''t want him around, but wouldn''t entertain the thought of selling him to Tottenham or Newcastle speaks volumes-they know his quality and that he could have damaged them there.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8926215.stm

But probably just talk to make it appear that they''re doing something about it.

I''ll be gobsmacked if they eventually bar it.

OTBC

[/quote]

As predicted, no need for me to be gobsmacked.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8926215.stm

Let''s hope that Cardiff have the same results with their loan policy as we had under Roeder.

OTBC