Sign in to follow this  
ncfc_1902

Board Poll - Is British football corrupt?

I think morally it certainly is, however I also expect that often it is corrupt in terms of the laws and regulations that have been set (ie finances and transfers).

That''s part of my thinking, apparently Cardiff are paying £45k of his weekly wage which is ridiculous for a club who were apparently in trouble financially.

[quote user="lmc"]That''s part of my thinking, apparently Cardiff are paying £45k of his weekly wage which is ridiculous for a club who were apparently in trouble financially.[/quote]This is peeing me off too, it should be blocked by the FA.[:@]

Does it really matter? Isn''t it a "Love and War" situation where all is fair? I guess as long at we beat Ipswich we do not care how we do it? No one makes us take an interest in football and I suppose there are better and more worth while things to do on a Saturday afternoon.I could cut a pensioners lawn for example and make him/her very happy.

[quote user="Bobert"]Does it really matter? Isn''t it a "Love and War" situation where all is fair? I guess as long at we beat Ipswich we do not care how we do it? No one makes us take an interest in football and I suppose there are better and more worth while things to do on a Saturday afternoon.I could cut a pensioners lawn for example and make him/her very happy.[/quote]

And after mowing and a nice cup of tea as reward you could hop on the bus or stoll on down the road to watch the local team -  and have another nice cup of tea.

Of course when it rains you will not be able to mow, so................................

A pack of chocolate Easter Eggs for the best answer submitted to fill in the space in the sentence above.

If you don''t like Easter Eggs, then I think I can rummage around and find a pack of chocolate covered raisins.

[:)] 

OTBC

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]Or maybe 10%.[/quote]Or maybe you''re making it up as you go along.[:)]

At the press conference Cardiff''s Chief Exec had a smirk on his face when he acknowledged that Cardiff were making a ''contribution''.

Bellers also confirmed that he is still getting paid the same overall, just by two different clubs now.

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]Or maybe I''m not.[/quote]So, which is it?0% or 10%?

[quote user="Bobert"]Does it really matter? Isn''t it a "Love and War" situation where all is fair? I guess as long at we beat Ipswich we do not care how we do it? No one makes us take an interest in football and I suppose there are better and more worth while things to do on a Saturday afternoon.I could cut a pensioners lawn for example and make him/her very happy.[/quote]Do they have turf in Perth ?

He''s making it up Morty. Dave Jones refused to answer just now on SSN how much they were paying and their Chairman hasn''t said. Man City haven''t said. So how is he supposed to know?

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]He''s making it up Morty. Dave Jones refused to answer just now on SSN how much they were paying and their Chairman hasn''t said. Man City haven''t said. So how is he supposed to know?

Davo[/quote]Indeed lol.[:)]

You all seem to have forgotten that Hucks wages were paid by a business man from Diss. No one complained about that who supported Norwich.

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]10 %. It''s an educated guess due to various factors and what I know. I refuse to comment any more on this thread.[/quote]So, you are indeed, making it up lol.[:)]

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]No.[/quote]I thought you were no longer commenting?Whats the difference between "An educated guess" and "Making it up" then lol?[:)]

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]I wasn''t planning too. Lol. I''ll leave you to think of the difference.[/quote]There is no difference.You are talking plop, and have been rumbled.[:)]

Its ridiculos, if this was any other type of business trading beyond its means the directors would risk prison. It just goes to show that ( although I would have felt sorry for the fans ) Portsmouth should have been made to cease trading. All the Portsmouth ruling has done has allowed yet more chairman to chase the Premiership dream with money they have not got. In my opinion this is basically cheating.

Should this go wrong on Cardiff I think they should be thrown out of the league - no appeal no nothing. If they can afford a reported £45000 per week ( half his wages ) then surely they can afford to pay Motherwell and the tax man. £2.5m per year thats most of our player budget gone in one player. Most premiership clubs could not have afforded this.   

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]I know [:(] I just don''t want to admit defeat.[/quote]Hehehehe.Let this be a lesson to you.[;)]

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]I''ll get you back one day  [;)][/quote]No you won''t, because I know these forums are packed with smart arses that will haul you up if you are even slightly incorrect.You''re lucky it was me, had it been Tangible fixed assets, this would have stretched to ten pages.[;)]

[quote user="Bobert"]You all seem to have forgotten that Hucks wages were paid by a business man from Diss. No one complained about that who supported Norwich.[/quote]

But we hadn''t just fought off a winding up order and were about to be served another one because a club hadn''t been paid a transfer fee from over a year ago.  So I don''t really see your point.