Sign in to follow this  
hansolo

jackson

guys and girls i see by a few comments that people have turned to jackson from ruddy to be lataest scapegoat, yes he not scored yet but i think once first hits back of net many more will follow. remember iwans first year hardly prolific was it and look how he turned out stop looking for players whos back you can get on and get behind team lets make the fortress rock sat from min 1 to min 90

Martin and Holt were always going to be the starting pairing. Jackson has great pace which will be an asset. He needs to be patient and settle into the squad i am sure he will do well

yes it was only small but from little acorns grow mighty oaks, moaners do my head in got one sit behind me at ground at the watford game all him and his mate done were moan about crofts saying how poor he was then wen he scored he suddenly turned into the best player on pitch and best signing of summer

They''ll be games where Jackson''s pace will be needed, games where crofts robust play is also needed and games where some folk seem to spend the whole game moaningI''m not too sure which games will suit the first two .but I know which games will suit the moaners ........... they are the games they attend

Still, not too worry, there were those sort of moaners long before the crowd had so many happy clappers in attendance.

[quote user="hansolo"]few guys and gals on other post bout forest lets give him chance[/quote]If you are talking about my post about being in trouble for sitting in Row Z at Forest then I suggest you are lacking a sense of humour more than anything else.

Could not believe people having a go at him at Watford after 15 mins!!!! Idiots behind me boo''ed him the whole game & cheered when he was subbed. Admittedly I should not have told him what I thought but I did laugh when the told me to stop having a go at him & get behind the team!!! Er, who''s booing our newest recruit???

People need to remember that it took Iwan a season to fully hit form & look at Bergkamp at Arsenal, how many games before he scored. These idiots would have had him out before the end of the first game.

I guess that''s the problem with glory hunters / our new fans.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]Must have been a very small go lol, completely missed it![/quote]

Me too [:O]

[/quote]You would have thought at least one of us would have spotted it.[:)]

I think Jackson is going to be a decent player for us.  When he played against Watford he got in lots of good positions for the ball to be played through but no one found him.  Chris Martin and Grant Holt will be the first choice strikers and rightly so which will mean Jackson coming of the bench a lot but once he scores one I''m sure more will follow.

[quote user="morty"]Must have been a very small go lol, completely missed it!
[/quote]

Jackson is useless he must be worse than curo

I haven''t seen it either morty!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]Must have been a very small go lol, completely missed it!
[/quote]

Me too [:O]

[/quote]

You would have thought at least one of us would have spotted it.

[:)]
[/quote]

Thread can''t have caught the eye babe that''s all I can say [;)]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Martin and Holt were always going to be the starting pairing. Jackson has great pace which will be an asset. He needs to be patient and settle into the squad i am sure he will do well[/quote]

Erm..... no he hasn''t and no he won''t.  Sorry guys, but as much as I''d like to remain positive I think non league to Championship in a relatively short space of time is way to much for this guy.  How he''s worth Cody plus £600k is quite beyond me.  I''d have Cody in before him like a shot.  Speaking of shots, he''s been closer to the corner flag than the goal on at least 3 occasions so far, in fact, has he even troubled a goalkeeper yet?  His first touch is woeful, he can''t hit the target, he''s extremely lightweight i.e. he can''t hold off any defender, and his reputed pace is non existent.  Back to the minor leagues with you my boy!

TAKE COVER!!!!

[quote user="Scooby"]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Martin and Holt were always going to be the starting pairing. Jackson has great pace which will be an asset. He needs to be patient and settle into the squad i am sure he will do well[/quote]

Erm..... no he hasn''t and no he won''t.  Sorry guys, but as much as I''d like to remain positive I think non league to Championship in a relatively short space of time is way to much for this guy.  How he''s worth Cody plus £600k is quite beyond me.  I''d have Cody in before him like a shot.  Speaking of shots, he''s been closer to the corner flag than the goal on at least 3 occasions so far, in fact, has he even troubled a goalkeeper yet?  His first touch is woeful, he can''t hit the target, he''s extremely lightweight i.e. he can''t hold off any defender, and his reputed pace is non existent.  Back to the minor leagues with you my boy!

TAKE COVER!!!!

[/quote]You do realise that your argument re: non league to championship is just as applicable to Cody as it is to Jackson? in fact more so as cody has no proven record of scoring in the championship or league one either.

[

Martin and Holt were always going to be the starting pairing. Jackson has great pace which will be an asset. He needs to be patient and settle into the squad i am sure he will do well

TAKE COVER!!!!

You do realise that your argument re: non league to championship is just as applicable to Cody as it is to Jackson? in fact more so as cody has no proven record of scoring in the championship or league one either.
]

Yes I do, that is why I said that it''s way too much for this guy, not every guy, and not Cody (imo)

[quote user="Scooby"][

TAKE COVER!!!!

You do realise that your argument re: non league to championship is just as applicable to Cody as it is to Jackson? in fact more so as cody has no proven record of scoring in the championship or league one either.
]

Yes I do, that is why I said that it''s way too much for this guy, not every guy, and not Cody (imo)

[/quote]

Ok so you agree that your argument is flawed but continue to stick with it, fine. But what may i ask are you basing this opinion on? Cody''s move from non-league was quicker and he has a less impressive record than Jackson, despite being the same age as him. You''re not actually providing any further information to qualify your assertion and differentiate between the relative merits of the two men to substantiate why you feel Cody is the better player.

As i said before everything you say is equally applicable to Cody as it is to Jackson, except for the fact that Jackson scored 18 goals last season leading the line in an extremely poor Gillingham team. Cody was not good enough, in Lamberts eyes, to displace Johnson on the bench or Martin in the starting line up for the entirety of last season and didn''t get much in the way of game time, therefore he continues to lag behind Jackson developmentally. As much as I admire Cody''s pace and work rate I just don''t think at this point in time he has the footballing brain to enable him to maximise his other attributes, hopefully the season on loan will provide a similar fillip to his career as Super Chris'' time at Luton did for him and ultimately we will benefit.

Jackson has admittedly had a shaky start but I have faith in his record and his potential, he get''s himself into good positions, makes intelligent runs and will start to score goals very soon.

I''m not having a go, but like couple of people have said on here..I haven''t seen the pace he is known for and his shooting has been terrible; I think the problem is that he so eager to score, he is just putting his foot through the ball without much thought; I''m sure he will settle soon though and with increased match fitness we will hopefully see his pace.

Stick him up front with Holt and the goals will come , if he turns out as bad as Cody (whos never going to make it above league 1) we have wated the best part of a million but once he gets a regular starting place and a little confidence he will be ok .