Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why so anti streaming Pete?

[quote user="First Jedi"]Ultimately Archant can make up any rule they like for the purposes of their board, it''s their board after all, but I''m curious as to the reason - i.e. is it just not to pi$$ off an arbitrary person or organisation, or is it because they are operating under false pretences - after all, if it''s the latter, there is no good reason and enlightenment might be in order, but if it''s the former, it''s totally understandable and justifiable.[/quote]If I invited you to my house, I wouldn''t have to expect to tell you not to piss on the carpet.  Even if we were both plastered.Some things are just obvious.

"but it''s pretty clear that Archant can''t allow links to foreign broadcasts that have not been sanctioned - it''s a copyrite issue"

Archant would break no copyright law, or any other law for that matter in having a link to an allegedly illegal site.

"Would you post torrents to films or tv shows"

Many forms of media are legally distributed via torrents and therefore the practice shouldn''t be inherently be wrong.

"If I invited you to my house, I wouldn''t have to expect to tell you not to piss on the carpet. Even if we were both plastered.

Some things are just obvious."

You''ve not read my post have you?

[quote user="First Jedi"]"but it''s pretty clear that Archant can''t allow links to foreign broadcasts that have not been sanctioned - it''s a copyrite issue"

Archant would break no copyright law, or any other law for that matter in having a link to an allegedly illegal site.

"Would you post torrents to films or tv shows"

Many forms of media are legally distributed via torrents and therefore the practice shouldn''t be inherently be wrong.[/quote]It''s not the practice I''m talking about, and you know that. It''s the content. So I''ll rephrase.Would you post torrents to films protected by copyrite?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="City1st"]Perhaps Wiz could inform us all how he feels about others using his internet conection for free .......or more importantly his thoughts on someone making money by passing on details to all and sundry of how anyone could access the internet via Wiz''s connection[/quote]As an aside, through BT FON, you can now use other peoples'' internet connections, and pay for the privelege.  Apparently BT have a clause in their broadband contracts that allows them to use their customers'' Home Hubs to sell a wireless connection anyone who wants it in most places in the UK.  All BT broadband customers have been "opted-in" to this since March of 2009.I suppose as long as it doesn''t degrade the initial customers'' service it''s ok ?  I would have thought that BT could take a bit off peoples phone bills if they are used as a "hotspot" though...[/quote]I opted out.[:)]

[quote user="First Jedi"] i.e. is it just not to pi$$ off an arbitrary person or organisation, or is it because they are operating under false pretences - after all, if it''s the latter, there is no good reason and enlightenment might be in order, but if it''s the former, it''s totally understandable and justifiable.[/quote]Definitely the former - those that pay for the broadcasting rights are very protective of it, and rightly so given the large amounts of cash that they pay for the privilege.

"Would you post torrents to films protected by copyrite?"

No - I''d have not reason to. It''s a football site, not a film site. But there''d be nothing wrong, or illegal for if I did.

As I said above - I''m interested in the reasons for the decision, and the basis of logic for that reason, and as I''ve said above, that logic could be totally understandable.

Why do you have a problem with somebody being curious and seeking knowledge - as I am? I''d not dispute the result of that information - as stated above, several times, I''m just curious to find out.

"Definitely the former - those that pay for the broadcasting rights are very protective of it, and rightly so given the large amounts of cash that they pay for the privilege."

Cool, cheers dude!

Another ludicrous thread.  Its illegal, and obviously so.  If you know the sites and want to visit, fine, but stop playing dumb - its no different to watching a stream of Inception - ie - illegal.

All I will say is you can watch matches for free online and there is a site that offers very high quality streams for a small monthly subscription.

On the broadband issue, well by opting into BT FON you can get free and unlimited access to all BT WIFI hotspots, if you are on BT option 3. If you are on different options, then you get a set number of mins. So I think that is a fair exchange.

you''ve turned into a right miserable ba*tard this season 1st Wizard. What''s wrong mate? Wanna talk about it?

Frankly anyway I can give the finger to Murdoch, then I''m right up for it.  I enjoyed listening to TMS lunch regarding less people taking an interest in Cricket and how continuing to televise the Ashes after 2005 would have helped immensly when the entire country was buzzing about the game.  Murdoch is at the heart of ruining many sports with ludicrous financial payments to certain teams and also stealing away viewers, trying to ensure his monopoly is bowed down to.  Sod you Murdoch - and the likes of Sopcast;  you''re most welcome, capital fellow.

[quote user="City1st"]Perhaps Wiz could inform us all how he feels about others using his internet conection for free ...

....or more importantly his thoughts on someone making money by passing on details to all and sundry of how anyone could access the internet via Wiz''s connection

[/quote]Stupid and dumb arguement (no surprise) a. thats not the debate and b. it would break database protection laws.

A whole different minefield.............now behave.

interesting debates on the matter it has to be said and a good thread.Someone mentioned footy Tickets, oddly enough you CAN resell concert tickets on legally. hence the number you see on ebay every day for various prices.

Is the football tickets not to be resold arguments also concerning segregation issues. I guess if you are at a concert it doesn''t matter where you stand/sit. But at footy you could buy a ticket off net and be in the wrong end - possibly leading to problems.