Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why so anti streaming Pete?

I have a very reliable site (Watched the Leeds and Charlton away on it) and all the City sites I use accept it, so are the PU just paranoid?

Will you allow me to say go to google and type in myp2p.eu please, because I''m not doing a load of PMs.

Its not hard to find a stream for yourself anyway. Just google it.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="thirdlion"]Because it''s illegal, and you know that.[/quote]Is it?

Haven''t seen Google or anyone else done yet.

[/quote]Don''t be a facetious arse. ISP''s and search engines are not counted as liable given they have no active involvement in promoting or distributing the material.A privately owned message board that allows such material, however, certainly could be, and whoever removes links is doing so to make sure they are on the right side of the law.

[quote user="G"]Its not hard to find a stream for yourself anyway. Just google it.[/quote]Yeah, but this one works......most don''t and its free.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Ban Him!!!!! Deliberately cocking a snoot (whatever that means!) to the rules!!![/quote]Err, I''ve posted no direct link smarty pants.

i personally see nothing wrong with watching games on t''interweb but there are rules and regulations which have to be followed. if someone posted a link to something they havent subscribed to/paid for then it constitutes Piracy (Yarrgh mates!)i admt to watching games and having posted the odd link in various places. Purely because i feel the internet is untapped in terms of what boradcasters could do with them. and also due to prices. Sky is choing the life out of football and the sooner people ditch it in favour of cheaper (or free) alternatives the sooner Sky will act to reflect this accordingly.I also use a free operating system on my computer in Linux - Ubuntu. Once a company gets a monopoly on something then it has no competiton and can do what it likes. its up to others to stand up to this and do something.

thirdlion is correct and Big Brother is watching. Please, no links to, or requests for, live streams of games on here.Same goes for selling on match tickets. It''s a shame but them the rules sadly.Many thanks.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]thirdlion is correct and Big Brother is watching. Please, no links to, or requests for, live streams of games on here.Same goes for selling on match tickets. It''s a shame but them the rules sadly.Many thanks.[/quote]Pete, may I ask what is wrong with selling tickets? Could the rules be that they can only be sold for the same price? Meaning nothing bad?

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]thirdlion is correct and Big Brother is watching. Please, no links to, or requests for, live streams of games on here.Same goes for selling on match tickets. It''s a shame but them the rules sadly.Many thanks.[/quote]Pete, may I ask what is wrong with selling tickets? Could the rules be that they can only be sold for the same price? Meaning nothing bad? [/quote]Unless you''re Norwich City Football Club you''re not allowed to re-sell tickets, regardless of the price.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]thirdlion is correct and Big Brother is watching. Please, no links to, or requests for, live streams of games on here.Same goes for selling on match tickets. It''s a shame but them the rules sadly.Many thanks.[/quote]Pete, may I ask what is wrong with selling tickets? Could the rules be that they can only be sold for the same price? Meaning nothing bad? [/quote]Unless you''re Norwich City Football Club you''re not allowed to re-sell tickets, regardless of the price.[/quote]Ahh no worries, that''s my name. [:)]Oh, fair doos. [:(] I see no problem in doing so though, as then at least the seat will be filled by someone?

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]thirdlion is correct and Big Brother is watching. Please, no links to, or requests for, live streams of games on here.Same goes for selling on match tickets. It''s a shame but them the rules sadly.Many thanks.[/quote]Pete, may I ask what is wrong with selling tickets? Could the rules be that they can only be sold for the same price? Meaning nothing bad? [/quote]Unless you''re Norwich City Football Club you''re not allowed to re-sell tickets, regardless of the price.[/quote]Ahh no worries, that''s my name. [:)]Oh, fair doos. [:(] I see no problem in doing so though, as then at least the seat will be filled by someone? [/quote]The argument is that the seat could be filled by someone who isn''t allowed to buy tickets anymore....

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Ban Him!!!!! Deliberately cocking a snoot (whatever that means!) to the rules!!![/quote]

cock a snook

a.  to make a rude gesture by putting one thumb to the nose with the fingers of the hand outstretched

b.  to show contempt by being insulting or offensive

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]thirdlion is correct and Big Brother is watching. [/quote]I didn''t know you had a brother Pete ?  Does he work at the same gaffe ? Cue cries of nepotism from 1st Wiz...

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]thirdlion is correct and Big Brother is watching. Please, no links to, or requests for, live streams of games on here.Same goes for selling on match tickets. It''s a shame but them the rules sadly.Many thanks.[/quote]Pete, may I ask what is wrong with selling tickets? Could the rules be that they can only be sold for the same price? Meaning nothing bad? [/quote]Unless you''re Norwich City Football Club you''re not allowed to re-sell tickets, regardless of the price.[/quote]Ahh no worries, that''s my name. [:)]Oh, fair doos. [:(] I see no problem in doing so though, as then at least the seat will be filled by someone? [/quote]The argument is that the seat could be filled by someone who isn''t allowed to buy tickets anymore....[/quote]Guess so. [:(]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]thirdlion is correct and Big Brother is watching.
[/quote]

I didn''t know you had a brother Pete ?  Does he work at the same gaffe ?

Cue cries of nepotism from 1st Wiz...
[/quote]

Thats funny Bly always reckons the world and his wife are watching.

I think you are just a load of peeping Toms. [H]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="G"]Its not hard to find a stream for yourself anyway. Just google it.[/quote]Yeah, but this one works......most don''t and its free.[/quote]

And nobody can find one that works for themselves?

Just to say that Sky are cracking down big style on MyP2P this season.  For instance watching the recent Liverpool v Arsenal match on-line, there were initially 10 streams available, but by half-time each one of them had been cut-off for copyright reasons.  That didn''t stop more streams coming on, but it does make for an annoying watch now.  The only hope for those of us that cannot get to every game that for lesser clubs like Norwich, Sky won''t be so bothered in cracking down on this.  Still hope that the match on Saturday, being broadcast overseas, will be copyright crackdown free!

Pete - you say "big brother is watching" - but watching what and who? It''s not illegal to post even a direct link to any site, legal or illegal, on any site - so if Big Brother are watching (who ever that is) - what is the crime you are studiously avoiding...?

I can understand if it''s a case of - "we like NCFC/the FL/ the FA/ Sky/ BBC/ whatever - they hate that stuff - and we don''t want to pi$$ them off" - is that the case? Or do you falsely believe it''s illegal in some way?

Perhaps Wiz could inform us all how he feels about others using his internet conection for free .......or more importantly his thoughts on someone making money by passing on details to all and sundry of how anyone could access the internet via Wiz''s connection

[quote]Pete - you say "big brother is watching" - but watching what and who?

It''s not illegal to post even a direct link to any site, legal or

illegal, on any site - so if Big Brother are watching (who ever that is)

- what is the crime you are studiously avoiding...[/quote]I would suggest that Big Brother in this case is Petes'' bosses bosses boss, who is also a director at NCFC, and who could be put into a difficult position if "his paper" were seen to promote anti-sky activity.Anyway, can we all just be nice to Pete and not post links ?  He did ask nicely and he seems like a decent chap !

[quote user="City1st"]Perhaps Wiz could inform us all how he feels about others using his internet conection for free .......or more importantly his thoughts on someone making money by passing on details to all and sundry of how anyone could access the internet via Wiz''s connection[/quote]As an aside, through BT FON, you can now use other peoples'' internet connections, and pay for the privelege.  Apparently BT have a clause in their broadband contracts that allows them to use their customers'' Home Hubs to sell a wireless connection anyone who wants it in most places in the UK.  All BT broadband customers have been "opted-in" to this since March of 2009.I suppose as long as it doesn''t degrade the initial customers'' service it''s ok ?  I would have thought that BT could take a bit off peoples phone bills if they are used as a "hotspot" though...

Thanks wings - Snook not snoot eh. Good job I''ve never used the term in polite company - how embarrassing my slight would be. I''d never be invited to the Queens Garden Party again!

I genuinely don''t understand why it''s such a struggle to not post links to material that is quite clearly and understandably prohibited. Yes, we all want to watch it, and many of you will if you aren''t at the game, but it''s pretty clear that Archant can''t allow links to foreign broadcasts that have not been sanctioned - it''s a copyrite issue, and they can''t be seen to allow copyrite to be broken. Is it that hard to be mature enough to refrain from posting it? Would you post torrents to films or tv shows? Jeez.

"I would suggest that Big Brother in this case is Petes'' bosses bosses boss, who is also a director at NCFC, and who could be put into a difficult position if "his paper" were seen to promote anti-sky activity."

As I said in the post you quoted, but in the bit you left out of your quote - I suggested that this would be fine and understandable.

"Anyway, can we all just be nice to Pete and not post links ? He did ask nicely and he seems like a decent chap !"

Because I''m curious. Ultimately Archant can make up any rule they like for the purposes of their board, it''s their board after all, but I''m curious as to the reason - i.e. is it just not to pi$$ off an arbitrary person or organisation, or is it because they are operating under false pretences - after all, if it''s the latter, there is no good reason and enlightenment might be in order, but if it''s the former, it''s totally understandable and justifiable.