Sign in to follow this  
Rupethebear

Sports Desk Pete, it's time to put an article in the EDP regarding ticket prices and grading for games

We have great deals for season ticket holders but our casual fans are getting a raw deal.

Swansea grade A never.......£30 for adults £20 for U 16s is too much..........

Many folk on here are finding these prices too high and how many others are being put off?

At the very least they could do some kind of research article just to find out how much it puts our fans off from going etc.

As a casual supporter it''s hitting me hard - but at the same time if i really want to go i''ll put the money aside - if i genuinly cant afford i don''t go. Its a shame, but how things are unfortunately.

It is worrying that younger fans get priced out, more than anything. You want to get fans at a young age and keep them hooked, and we''ve previously been very good at this (I remember the glorious £17 season ticket in the family end years ago). £20 a game is high - not just for us but for a lot of clubs.

[quote user="morty"]People will moan, but I bet we still get a good crowd tomorrow.
[/quote]I agree. But will we fill these new seats? Probably not...

No doubt we will but how many more will be staying away?

Once people get out of the habit it''s hard to get them back, always best to look after your customers than go and find some new ones!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]No doubt we will but how many more will be staying away? Once people get out of the habit it''s hard to get them back, always best to look after your customers than go and find some new ones![/quote]

agreed, think they''re pushing it just a little too far for u18 tickets

I agree. One of the biggest single factors behind our good crowds now was the value tickets we used to do which enabled people to take thier kids along. Those same ids are now 18-20 year olds who are used to going to Carrow Road. Would be a shame to lose the next generation due to high prices. I accept that there have been too many concessions and there needed to be some adjusting of prices but some of the current prices appear onerous and making Swansea a category A game seems crazy 9although its not actually the top grading as we have an A* grade!)

The pricing will put people off and will see us lose some of the next generation of fans.  How many?  It''s hard to judge.  While there may be little if any short term impact, should the team achieve success in the coming years and with it Premier League football and an increased ground capacity of 35,000 or more the possibily of thousands of empty seats in 10 or 15 years time may be all too real.

You could assume that with success and Premiership football we could fill those 35,000 seats for the majority of games, however if the current pricing policy continues and if we alienate a proportion of our future generation of fans those assumptions may be well wide of the mark.

The Club, while increasing prices probably because they can''t afford not to, also cannot afford to alienate future generations of fans.  It''s not an easy balance, but one must remember that it''s not all that long ago that our home crowds were regularly 16 - 18,000.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]We have great deals for season ticket holders but our casual fans are getting a raw deal. Swansea grade A never.......£30 for adults £20 for U 16s is too much.......... Many folk on here are finding these prices too high and how many others are being put off?[/quote]

What i want to know is why some people seem so keen to post porkies which damage the club?  It`s £27 for members, £29 non-members in both end stands tomorrow.  I paid £27 for the sold-out Colchester home game in a lower league last season and i can`t remember any whinges about the price-only the result.  I think some people secretly want Gunn and Doncaster back.....

Most casuals go to several games per season, if your struggling with the prices this season the answer is simple- cut out one or two games to make up for the price increases.

"What i want to know is why some people seem so keen to post porkies which damage the club?  It`s £27 for members, £29 non-members in both end stands tomorrow.  I paid £27 for the sold-out Colchester home game in a lower league last season and i can`t remember any whinges about the price-only the result.  I think some people secretly want Gunn and Doncaster back.....

Most casuals go to several games per season, if your struggling with the prices this season the answer is simple- cut out one or two games to make up for the price increases."

£20 for an under 12 is ridiculous but it is not just the prices that I think people are annoyed with, but also the scrap of the under 21 concession..this means that someone who is 16 and still at school has to pay the same price as a working adult..obviously as people say, the club may be risking loosing a generation of fans

what about the new credit card surcharge of 1.50

also my dad has a over 60''s season ticket, he didnt think he could make it on friday so on the monday he went it to upgrade his ticket to a adult, cost him £18!!!!!

on the thursday he found he could go so went back to get a refund, the refused after a lot of arguing they offered him a car park ticked for the gillingham game instead..... which then turned up the day after the match..........

Oh yawn.  If they dont sell the tickets they will drop the prices.  Its new for the club so they are seeing how they can maximise the revenue without going too far.If its so expensive, go out and earn some more cash by doing a bit of overtime rather than posting on here.

Some people are so arogant, its not always possible to find a job let alone overtime and others suggesting cut the number of games, well that''s my point, if they cut the number of games then fine, but the club is the big looser.

I am fortunate as I have 3 season tickets but none the less I am tryting to stand up for those who aren''t as lucky as me so please don''t shoot the messenger.

What I found laughable was the £1.50 booking fee that they wanted to charge me on my daughter''s £1 kids for a quid ticket for the Gills game.  Inevitably I told them to poke it and went down to the ground to pick it up.  And whilst I''m having a moan....a 25% increase on some of the food and drink prices when I''m stuck in a pay freeze....behave!

[quote user="ref89"]Oh yawn.  If they dont sell the tickets they will drop the prices.  Its new for the club so they are seeing how they can maximise the revenue without going too far.

If its so expensive, go out and earn some more cash by doing a bit of overtime rather than posting on here.
[/quote]

Harsh, and not possible for many. Posters on here are out of employment - some are lucky enough to have season tickets - others not. Some only have part time jobs. Some are students. Some can only work certain days. Don''t be so arrogant and naieve to suggest that people can go out and ''earn some more cash'' as easily as your poorly constructed argument was posted on this thread..

[quote user="ref89"]Oh yawn.  If they dont sell the tickets they will drop the prices.  Its new for the club so they are seeing how they can maximise the revenue without going too far.

If its so expensive, go out and earn some more cash by doing a bit of overtime rather than posting on here.
[/quote]

"Are you Norman Tebbit in disguise?  Are you Norman in disguise?"

Sure prices adjust to reflect demand,My fear is that the club might be over extimating the demand, whereby they presume the demand is static so they can simply up the price ithout any corresponding fall in take up.As to season tickets and casual fans, what happens to those who wanted to buy a season ticket but couldn''t due to the limited numbers ? By all means try your best to increase revenue but I fear we may start losing as much as we gain and against that non increase should be set the obvious discontent being expressed on here and elsewhere.If we are in the top six or higher this disquiet may fade, if we are not come October then it maybe the attendance numbers that fade. Something that may well the be difficult to backtrack upon.

[quote user="City1st"]Sure prices adjust to reflect demand,My fear is that the club might be over extimating the demand, whereby they presume the demand is static so they can simply up the price ithout any corresponding fall in take up.As to season tickets and casual fans, what happens to those who wanted to buy a season ticket but couldn''t due to the limited numbers ? By all means try your best to increase revenue but I fear we may start losing as much as we gain and against that non increase should be set the obvious discontent being expressed on here and elsewhere.If we are in the top six or higher this disquiet may fade, if we are not come October then it maybe the attendance numbers that fade. Something that may well the be difficult to backtrack upon.

[/quote]With the current policy of setting match gradings not very far in advance the club has the ability to rapidly change casual prices if they see a drop in attendances though. They will push the prices up and drop them as the form and attendance figures dictate.

Why don''t more of you do what I''ve done.... save your money rather than put your hard earned cash into Delia Smith''s pocket..... That way you''ll be fit to go when when she''s finally run out of town.The club will always be there.... and if you keep on bankrolling her.. so will Smith.