Sign in to follow this  
Jarroldstander

Fans moaning about the price of tickets at Carrow Road

First of all I totally sympathise with those who can''t afford to go and watch Norwich at Carrow Road and who feel priced out of football. Just this week I have paid over £100 for four tickets to the Doncaster and Forest away games. Prices aren''t that much different throughout the whole division, but as a rule it''s around £28-£30 for a game.

OK, so in the Premier League it''s only around £5 more to see the likes of Arsenal, but we have to face the fact that football is expensive and no longer in the budget of everyone. I don''t think it''s ever going to change. Fans get nothing back from the clubs despite pouring their hard earned wages into supporting their team for years on end. We are all mugs really, but we do it because we love our club and would rather be at the game than not be at the game.

Compared to other forms of entertainment, 90 minutes of football is never worth £30 - that''s 30p a minute but there is a simple choice if you can''t afford it: don''t pay it. Don''t go! Vote with your feet and stay away. Go and watch your local non-league team instead.

The club won''t care because there will always be someone else willing to pay. Boycotting friendlies and Carling Cup ties seems to be the best idea to get the message across but I don''t really think the club care that much anyway.

We have to face the fact that football is no longer for everyone - and I don''t think Norwich are alone in not seeming to really care about excluding students/under-16s. I totally agree that the prices they charge for kids is crazy. Under-16s should be £1 a game in an ideal world, but that just ain''t going to happen.

Every football club in our league is cutting back and as long as they have a dedicated fanbase, there''s a constant stream of people willing to pay. That''s just how it is now.

What I would say is you generally pay more for away tickets,  the clubs know they can get away with it.

I bet that forrest and doncaster wont be charging £30 for a 12yrs old to watch us.

At the end of the day its basic economics, its a business and all down to supply and demand, businesses will always charge as much as the can get away with, they only care about profit.  eg if peole would pay £100 a ticket and the ground was full they would.

the only way the ticket prices will drop is if people stop going, then the club would have to re

What I would say is you generally pay more for away tickets,  the clubs know they can get away with it.

I bet that forrest and doncaster wont be charging £30 for a 12yrs old to watch us.

At the end of the day its basic economics, its a business and all down to supply and demand, businesses will always charge as much as the can get away with, they only care about profit.  eg if peole would pay £100 a ticket and the ground was full they would.

the only way the ticket prices will drop is if people stop going, then the club would have to reprice

I have been moaning about this this morning, I will admit.

Looking at it from the other side of the coin, the club''s decision to do Kids for a Quid vs Gillingham was great. I took my two nephews and they loved it. The adult tickets were £12, I felt the club could have made them £8 or £10 but still a great nights entertainment was had by all.

However, I sometimes like to go to the footy for a big game on my own or with just one adult mate. Over £30 vs Swansea plus all the extra costs just doesn''t make it viable for every game.

With more fans losing their jobs as a direct result of this wicked coaltion goverments policies, even more empty seats will appear at Carrow Road imo.

[quote user="First Wizard"]With more fans losing their jobs as a direct result of this wicked coaltion goverments policies, even more empty seats will appear at Carrow Road imo.[/quote]

Try blaming boy Blair and his glove puppet Brown.

Billions wasted on wars that are not ours.

Spending what we did not have on things only minorities wanted.

Like the football club Wiz there comes a time when the debt has to be levelled.

By the way who/what do all these broke countrys owe the money to some terrestial bank?

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]

First of all I totally sympathise with those who can''t afford to go and watch Norwich at Carrow Road and who feel priced out of football. Just this week I have paid over £100 for four tickets to the Doncaster and Forest away games. Prices aren''t that much different throughout the whole division, but as a rule it''s around £28-£30 for a game.

OK, so in the Premier League it''s only around £5 more to see the likes of Arsenal, but we have to face the fact that football is expensive and no longer in the budget of everyone. I don''t think it''s ever going to change. Fans get nothing back from the clubs despite pouring their hard earned wages into supporting their team for years on end. We are all mugs really, but we do it because we love our club and would rather be at the game than not be at the game.

Compared to other forms of entertainment, 90 minutes of football is never worth £30 - that''s 30p a minute but there is a simple choice if you can''t afford it: don''t pay it. Don''t go! Vote with your feet and stay away. Go and watch your local non-league team instead.

The club won''t care because there will always be someone else willing to pay. Boycotting friendlies and Carling Cup ties seems to be the best idea to get the message across but I don''t really think the club care that much anyway.

We have to face the fact that football is no longer for everyone - and I don''t think Norwich are alone in not seeming to really care about excluding students/under-16s. I totally agree that the prices they charge for kids is crazy. Under-16s should be £1 a game in an ideal world, but that just ain''t going to happen.

Every football club in our league is cutting back and as long as they have a dedicated fanbase, there''s a constant stream of people willing to pay. That''s just how it is now.

[/quote]

I thought the cheapest ticket at the Emirates was about £60?

[quote user="First Wizard"]With more fans losing their jobs as a direct result of this wicked coaltion goverments policies, even more empty seats will appear at Carrow Road imo.[/quote]

Absolutely, Wiz.

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="Jarroldstander"]

[/quote]

I thought the cheapest ticket at the Emirates was about £60?

[/quote]

thats a standar ticket I think. Cheapest is £30

[quote user="The Butler"]

By the way who/what do all these broke countrys owe the money to some terrestial bank?

[/quote]

I think you''ll find those wars were backed by your friend the boy Dave.

[quote user="Dan Druff"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

I think you''ll find those wars were backed by your friend the boy Dave.

[/quote]

...... and that the global economy run by a bunch of merchant bankers* (*see Cockney rhyming slang) had more than a little to do with it!

Please read the Wikipedia page about supply and demand. This may help you to understand the ticket pricing policy employed by NCFC.

I would like to go the London and stay at the Ritz but I can''t afford it. I won''t spend the rest of the day moaning about it though!!

There is at least one board member who understands this affordability issue.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/08/delia-smith-norwich-football-finances

However, the club remain between a rock and hard place as capable players cost what they cost...

This is the result of the ''saviours'' septic smile...... If you can''t afford it you''re not wanted.... local or not.Why can''t you lot understand how we got to this point.... and why.

[quote user="Cluck"]This is the result of the ''saviours'' septic smile...... If you can''t afford it you''re not wanted.... local or not.

Why can''t you lot understand how we got to this point.... and why.
[/quote]More room left for her complient luvee set eh?

Jeez, we didn''t go through ''Chase Out'' just for her glorifation.

She''s ten times worse than uncle Bob, and there''s no one left with a pair to drive her out now.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Cluck"]This is the result of the ''saviours'' septic smile...... If you can''t afford it you''re not wanted.... local or not.Why can''t you lot understand how we got to this point.... and why.[/quote]More room left for her complient luvee set eh?

She''s ten times worse than uncle Bob, and there''s no one left with a pair to drive her out now.

[/quote]Hang on a minute, I thought you liked her now?Another U turn?[:^)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Cluck"]This is the result of the ''saviours'' septic smile...... If you can''t afford it you''re not wanted.... local or not.

[/quote]

Hang on a minute, I thought you liked her now?

Another U turn?

[:^)]
[/quote]I clearly said I was still unsure of her, so no U turn.

Old habits die hard, and I saw through her in the nick of time.

My soul is saved!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Cluck"]This is the result of the ''saviours'' septic smile...... If you can''t afford it you''re not wanted.... local or not.Why can''t you lot understand how we got to this point.... and why.[/quote]More room left for her complient luvee set eh?

[/quote]Hang on a minute, I thought you liked her now?Another U turn?[:^)][/quote]I clearly said I was still unsure of her, so no U turn.

My soul is saved!

[/quote]No, I am actually fairly sure, that just a few short weeks ago you were extolling her virtues.And no, I can''t be arsed to try and find the thread.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Another U turn?

My soul is saved!

[/quote]

No, I am actually fairly sure, that just a few short weeks ago you were extolling her virtues.

And no, I can''t be arsed to try and find the thread.
[/quote]Never mind I''m sure Mr Chops will.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Hang on a minute, I thought you liked her now?Another U turn?[:^)][/quote]I clearly said I was still unsure of her, so no U turn.

My soul is saved!

[/quote]No, I am actually fairly sure, that just a few short weeks ago you were extolling her virtues.And no, I can''t be arsed to try and find the thread.[/quote]Never mind I''m sure Mr Chops will.[/quote]Oh I do hope so.[:)]

Truth is, Wiz started damning the club, the board etc as soon as Cluck made a comeback....Just sayin'' [:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Another U turn?

My soul is saved!

[/quote]

No, I am actually fairly sure, that just a few short weeks ago you were extolling her virtues.

And no, I can''t be arsed to try and find the thread.
[/quote]Never mind I''m sure Mr Chops will.[/quote]

Oh I do hope so.

[:)]
[/quote]Are you sure? really sure?

Here is part of my post you question:

Reading about the  sticking to Marcus ''who is he'' Evans makes me realise our Delia might not be so bad after all. Okay, the Gunn apointment was awful, and his re-appointment was sheer insanity personified, but she did headhunt McNally.

Yes, she does speak before thinking, and funds have been wasted, but we can''t hold grudges for ever, at least I can''t.

Oh, the usual mob will crawl out now to do their usual pi*s take, let them, I care not.

So whilst some doubts still remain with me (and believe me, I''ve criticised her most severly over the years!)

And heres the link:

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2156757/ShowPost.aspx

Yes I am sure, it wasn''t that thread.You started a thread saying maybe you had been wrong about her and you were warming to her.And Hoge''s point above is a fair one, well presented lol.

[quote user="morty"]Yes I am sure, it wasn''t that thread.

You started a thread saying maybe you had been wrong about her and you were warming to her.

And Hoge''s point above is a fair one, well presented lol.
[/quote]Na na nana na!!

Pure rubbish morty, give it up, you were caught out.

If we''re going to play a game of selective quoting wiz. From the same post:"I know, in her heart she does care sincerley for City and its fans, and

I''ll bet a lot of other clubs supporters would give anything for that!My love for Delia has''nt fully developed yet, but its getting there...........slowly.Wilted Flower [W]"That, in anybody''s books (other than your own, it seems) is a u-turn when you look at how you''re perceiving her to be in your posts lately.You should go into plumbing or something with all the uturns you make...[;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]Yes I am sure, it wasn''t that thread.You started a thread saying maybe you had been wrong about her and you were warming to her.And Hoge''s point above is a fair one, well presented lol.[/quote]Na na nana na!!

Pure rubbish morty, give it up, you were caught out.

[/quote]Yes, cause it would be utterly beyond all realms of possibility that you could have changed your mind about something and made a massive knee jerk U turn.That sort of craziness just never happens.[:|]

[quote user="hogesar"]If we''re going to play a game of selective quoting wiz. From the same post:

"I know, in her heart she does care sincerley for City and its fans, and I''ll bet a lot of other clubs supporters would give anything for that!

My love for Delia has''nt fully developed yet, but its getting there...........slowly.Wilted Flower [W]"

That, in anybody''s books (other than your own, it seems) is a u-turn when you look at how you''re perceiving her to be in your posts lately.

You should go into plumbing or something with all the uturns you make...[;)]
[/quote]Utter tripe fella.

So whilst some doubts still remain with me

My love for Delia has''nt fully developed yet

Those two quotes cover all my bases, you''re either to thick or point scoring to admit to it.

Just turn your pockets out and pay the price for your obsession for the boys in green and yellow....

Because if you aren''t prepared to sacrifice those other totally unnecessary pleasures that you would spend your disposable income on, like the kids, going on holiday, smoking (yuck), having a social beer, eating out - or maybe leaving your car at home and walking everywhere..... You then won''t be able to afford to witness the players turn up at the ground on a match-day in their mega-expensive motors, or for them to scrawl an ineligible scribble in your autograph book.

Before they proudly adorn the colours of your favourite club - and work for a whole 90 minutes - for a meagre pittance of a Championship players weekly salary - that wouldn''t even cover one round bought by the ''worth every penny,'' John Terry... 

Maybe in the late evening on a Saturday (and if you''ve been mega-thrifty and prudent that week), whilst clutching your over-priced pint of trendy nightclub lager, you can wave up to them heroes of sport who might just be visible behind the stockade of  upright and empty champagne bottles in the nightclub''s vip lounge. Those fatigued soccer legends are also surrounded by a myriad of appreciative female bleached blonde orange tango tan true football fans....These ladies are more knowledgeable of the game and more committed to the cause of the ''Yellow and Green Machine''....and that''s the real reason why they''ve been invited up there to discuss the match - and you haven''t....

It''s the beautiful game....and worth every penny...

[quote user="Fraz"]

[/quote]

Forest are charging the following for our fans.

Adults - £26

Over 60s - £18

Students and under 18s - £12

Under 12s - £6

I think Forest prices for our fans are very, very fair in this day and age.