Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

£20 for a 12 year old

just rang up the ticket office for tomorrows game and was quoted £50.50 for me and my 12 year old son..i don''t care what anyone says 20 quid for a 12 year old to watch norwich city v swansea is outrageous..its a shame but he''s now going to miss out i can''t afford to take him very often at those prices.. i have been priced out of watching my team [:(]

Yeah, that does seem a bit much. My oldest turned 12 this season so have had to pay more for his ticket.Adding to my post in the other thread, my lad''s ticket works out at £9 per game, so there is something quite wrong there in the pricing policy, that gap between season ticket price and casual is just a bit too much.

Shocking. Maybe we could bargain with the ticket office...!

It is £10 to see Real Madrid play. £10.

[quote user="Pabs"]Shocking. Maybe we could bargain with the ticket office...!

It is £10 to see Real Madrid play. £10.[/quote]Coupled with your airfare, I''m sure it wouldn''t seem so much of a bargain.[:)]

Well here in Tampa,Florida  3yrs old + you pay as an adult ticket for a game and personally I remember my games when I was 12 at Carrow Road but im sorry you are now priced out that sucks. Sadly supply and demand right now.

the woman in the ticket office didn''t exactly seem suprised when i said no thankyou at that price..even the restricted veiw areas were £19 for a 12 year old..there won''t be a supply and demand problem for much longer at those prices the club are alienating the next generation of fans or their parents anyway ..

pennywise (ironic how your name comes into play in this thread!),

I am a student, so I''m in the same boat. Pricing is ridiculous, and for this reason i hardly go to see my team play anymore. But as the thread that was on here the other day was saying (I think it was called Pricing Out The Working Class or something), it''s all about money these days, and not the fans. Problem is Norwich has such a large fanbase, they can up the prices like this and not have any backlash. £30 for an hour and a halfs "entertainment"? That''s £20 an hour! and the prices of food and drink inside the ground is shocking as well!

[quote user="morty"]Yeah, that does seem a bit much. My oldest turned 12 this season so have had to pay more for his ticket.

Adding to my post in the other thread, my lad''s ticket works out at £9 per game, so there is something quite wrong there in the pricing policy, that gap between season ticket price and casual is just a bit too much.
[/quote]

You''re right about the gap Morty, but it isn''t quite as extreme as it looks in this instance. Your son is paying £9 a game, including the odd few kids for a quid we get during the season, and the other saver matches which are about £6 for 12 year olds. So if you look at it that way, there''s still a substantial gap but not quite as big as it''s being made out in this instance.

And sorry Pennywise, hopefully there wont be too many more high grade games - does anyone know where you can see the grades for each game as they''ve dissapeared off the offy site as far as i can see!

I don''t understand why they have made the game an "A" grade. Since when has Swansea been the type of game that merits giving it that grade? No sort of rivalry between the clubs, Swansea are known for their boring and defensive style of play, and are a small club.

Looks as if the club is trying to recoup the money spent on adding the extra seats. Be ironic if, by upping the costs to the casual fans (and children-season ticket holders of the future...or not!) amongst other things to do this, they end up not filling them and we end up with an average 22-23''000, maybe, ultimately, a lower attendance average over the whole season. I guess they''d rather have 22''000 paying an average of £35, than 27''000 paying an average of £28 (and thats simplistic, but it seems to be the economics involved!) but that doesn''t make upping the capacity a viable move, and, bearing in mind that we are not likely to be going into March/April chasing a top 6 place (would like to be wrong, others will disagree and I hope you are all correct!), meaning no sudden, extra demand for casual tickets "at any price", then Carrow Road does seem to have become, primarily, a cash cow, based solely on the success of the team.

If the team is slipping towards 12th-16th place by even the New Year and just beyond, what is the demand going to be then? It might be there with more reasonably priced casual tickets, but at the present level?

Its a tough call-as Morty and others have said, we need to maximise revenue as much as we can, and as quickly as we can, and, given the spending in the Summer, its vital to do that. But fans are going to miss matches and even drift away. The hope must be that there will always be people to take their places, but its a risky game to  play, much as, bottom-line wise, its one that is needed.

[quote user="morty"]Yeah, that does seem a bit much. My oldest turned 12 this season so have had to pay more for his ticket.Adding to my post in the other thread, my lad''s ticket works out at £9 per game, so there is something quite wrong there in the pricing policy, that gap between season ticket price and casual is just a bit too much.[/quote]And herein lies the underlying worry. There is a respectable argument that season ticket prices are too low. But the danger is that the club - at a time when people are going to be suffering economically - will get the balance wrong and raise them too much. So losing a generation of fans.And that danger is greater because the club has scrapped any serious consultation over ticket pricing policy. The SCG, whatever its faults, did contain a great store of accumulated wisdom. It included real fans with real experience of paying for football at Carrow Road whose input would have been invaluable in helping to set next season''s prices.

Last year the Leeds game cost £27 casual. It might have been League One, but it was a massive game against another big club and a league title decider of sorts. I was prepared to pay that or even more.

But £30 for Swansea at the start of the season seems excessive, for me it doesn''t matter what level the game is at it is the importance. Swansea should have been made B or C grade after the Watford game was also an A grade.

They should think about it on a monthly basis so that no one month prices fans out, whilst respecting the fact you cant bring prices down so much that season ticket holders effectively ''lose out''

This is really an impossible situation to come to any answer to, or at least an answer that pleases everyone.I have kept renewing my season tickets over recent years not only because I love going to games, but also through fear of not actually being able to get tickets for games that I would like to go to.It clearly puts the club in a very unique position, I mean they have 20,500 seats sold already for every single home game this season, so even if casual numbers drop a bit, they still have a healthy income.I think that gradings of games will be very much dictated on an ad hoc basis, and linked with current form.

[quote user="Pabs"]Last year the Leeds game cost £27 casual. It might have been League One, but it was a massive game against another big club and a league title decider of sorts. I was prepared to pay that or even more.

But £30 for Swansea at the start of the season seems excessive, for me it doesn''t matter what level the game is at it is the importance. Swansea should have been made B or C grade after the Watford game was also an A grade.

They should think about it on a monthly basis so that no one month prices fans out, whilst respecting the fact you cant bring prices down so much that season ticket holders effectively ''lose out''[/quote]Very good point ,and the reason i think they have made it a grade A is because it is still early doors as far as the season goes, and they are cashing in on the success of last season and the fact that the new season is still exciting to us all . Had this game been in january i bet you this would have been a grade B or C.     Swansea grade A not in a million years.

As I said on the previous thread regarding this, it will be interesting what the turn out is.  I suspect the the infils will have spare seats ( bar the snake pit) but we''ve won our last 2 games and spirits will be high.

I''m a casual supporter going to around half the home games but I wont go tomorrow as I don''t think it is value for money and as a casual supporter i can pick and choose.  I look at this fixture and assess the following, importance of the game - not an important game at this stage of the season, the opposition - there ok but im not desprate to see swansea,cost of a ticket - £30. I don''t see it as good value, and i''ll give it a miss and go to the barnsley game as I think it represents good value and we normally have good games against them.

Just think soon we maybe one of those clubs you see in the Premiership with huge amounts of empty seats cause of the cost of tickets but sadly reality of today''s game. It is horrible. I am sure teams like Wigan and everyone like them could fill their grounds if a little more affordable.

I can understand why Watford was Grade A, but I fail to see why the Swansea match is too as like others have said, it''s far from a glamour tie.  What I find most concerning is that the grades for the whole season have not already been set.  As detailed on the NCISA website, the grades are set with "flexibility as the season progresses and success or failure of the team plays a big influence". If the club were to announce now that, for example, Ipswich, Hull, Burnley, Middlesborough and QPR were Grade A, Cardiff, Reading etc. were Grade B, and Doncaster on a Tuesday night in February a Grade D, people could plan, but with the current system there is no way to tell what is coming up.I''m lucky, I can afford a season ticket that in my eyes is great value for money at £389 (early renewal) for the season.  At under £17 a game it''s less than the price of a Grade C match (£21 adult), only the price busting grade D games are cheaper for the casual fan.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]Just think soon we maybe one of those clubs you see in the Premiership with huge amounts of empty seats cause of the cost of tickets but sadly reality of today''s game. It is horrible. I am sure teams like Wigan and everyone like them could fill their grounds if a little more affordable. [/quote]I don''t think its so much about affordability in that case, more so about other sports being dominant in that part of the world, so football has competition. A lot of people in that area prefer rugby league. And if you want football you probably don''t have to travel far to see better teams than Wigan!They have a captive audience in Norfolk, the only alternatives relatively nearby being Ipswich or Peterborough!

Have to agree 100%, £20 for a 12 year old [:O]Its disgusting, in every sense of the word.Don''t know if its still the case, but last season or the season before, couldn''t you get an Under 12 season ticket in the N & P for like £25 or something?Just goes to show, how pathetic the pricing for Tmorrow''s game is. The club should really be more consistant with their prices aswell for kids, £10 for the Newcastle and Everton Friendlies, £1 for Gillnigham in the Cup, £20 for tomorrow.In my view, no more than a tenner is a decent price for an Under 12.Adult tickets should be £20.

[quote user="hogesar"]

And sorry Pennywise, hopefully there wont be too many more high grade games - does anyone know where you can see the grades for each game as they''ve dissapeared off the offy site as far as i can see!

[/quote]

Heres what Richard Gough told NCISA - see their website

1.  What criteria the club use for grading games.       

The grading of games is solely compiled by Richard Gough and David
McNally.The overriding factor is to maximise revenue so certain games
such as Ipswich, games over Christmas and Easter and the season opener
historically have a high demand for tickets so are classified as A
grade.There is obviously flexibility as the season progresses and
success or failure of the team plays a big influence.The success in
2009/10 brought about the decision to have no less than nine A grade
games in the second half of the season as demand for tickets
increased.It is accepted that the grading of games is not an exact
science and whilst acknowledging that the Watford game drew criticism
for being A grade Richard told me that there were more home fans
amongst the attendance for this season''s opener than there were for
the Colchester opener last year which was B grade.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="hogesar"]

[/quote]

Heres what Richard Gough told NCISA - see their website

1.  What criteria the club use for grading games.       

The grading of games is solely compiled by Richard Gough and David
McNally.The overriding factor is to maximise revenue so certain games
such as Ipswich, games over Christmas and Easter and the season opener
historically have a high demand for tickets so are classified as A
grade.There is obviously flexibility as the season progresses and
success or failure of the team plays a big influence.The success in
2009/10 brought about the decision to have no less than nine A grade
games in the second half of the season as demand for tickets
increased.It is accepted that the grading of games is not an exact
science and whilst acknowledging that the Watford game drew criticism
for being A grade Richard told me that there were more home fans
amongst the attendance for this season''s opener than there were for
the Colchester opener last year which was B grade.

[/quote]

Thanks CA [:)]

Seems like they''ll decide the grade nearer the time based on how well the team is doing - basically!

[quote user="hogesar"]

Thanks CA [:)]

Seems like they''ll decide the grade nearer the time based on how well the team is doing - basically!

[/quote]

Which is a bit of a shame for the casual fan who needs to plan ahead.

Can''t believe we''re charging £20 for a youngster under 12, thats embarrassing.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Pabs"]Shocking. Maybe we could bargain with the ticket office...! It is £10 to see Real Madrid play. £10.[/quote]

Coupled with your airfare, I''m sure it wouldn''t seem so much of a bargain.

[:)]

[/quote]

and food etc, maybe £20/£300 [y] not bad to see real M play!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Pabs"]Shocking. Maybe we could bargain with the ticket office...!

It is £10 to see Real Madrid play. £10.[/quote]Coupled with your airfare, I''m sure it wouldn''t seem so much of a bargain.[:)][/quote]£39.98 return for an adult to Madrid.

[quote user="Daz"]Have to agree 100%, £20 for a 12 year old [:O]

Its disgusting, in every sense of the word.

Don''t know if its still the case, but last season or the season before, couldn''t you get an Under 12 season ticket in the N & P for like £25 or something?

Just goes to show, how pathetic the pricing for Tmorrow''s game is.

The club should really be more consistant with their prices aswell for kids, £10 for the Newcastle and Everton Friendlies, £1 for Gillnigham in the Cup, £20 for tomorrow.

In my view, no more than a tenner is a decent price for an Under 12.

Adult tickets should be £20.
[/quote]

the N&P is the family stand, therefore lower prices for kids. I had a 1/2 season ticket aged 9 for £10 [y]

i feel its time someone from the club came out and explained the ticket prices and the justifcation behind it.come on then Mr McNally, you read this message board im sure. Could you afford £20 when you were barely out of nappies? why should you expect hard working families to do the same today for their children?Lets hear from the horses mouth why tickets are stupidly overpriced.

Geezus, i could fly to Madrid, watch Real play, and save about £20 on the price of my ticket and train for the Nottingham game.

The pricing in this country is barmy. It''s not just City, but any means. No wonder the attendances are dropping rapidly.

Shame we seem to have forgotten all the success we had with Cullen''s ideas.