Sign in to follow this  
Chelmsford Canary

Palace come out of Admin

I believe that the initial act of going into administration was where the penalty is applied, not per season. Stockport were in administration for something like 20 months and were only penalised when they entered administration.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]They took it last season instead...how are they able to sign Edgar Davids...
[/quote]

Because he will be on a pay-as-you-play structure and even if he plays every game will be paid less than Alan Lee (or so my source at Palace informed me). Not that he has actually signed yet, he went through all this with the Foxes the other year only to get cold feet in the end. Davids is looking to become a coach and wants a club to help him get his badges, Palace might be the club to help him.

I think (but may be wrong) that the second penalty only kicks in if you haven''t got a CVA in place with your creditors at the start of the next season.

2007–2010: Third tier for the first time

The CVA was due to end on 3 July 2007, which would have allowed Bates to regain full control of the club. However HM Revenue & Customs challenged the CVA, a decision which could ultimately have resulted in the liquidation of the club.[20] Under league rules, if the club were still in administration at the start of the next season, Leeds would have been prevented from starting their campaign by the Football League.[21][22] Following the challenge by HMRC, the club was put up for sale by KPMG,[23] and once again Ken Bates'' bid was accepted.[24] The league eventually sanctioned this under the "exceptional circumstances rule" but imposed a 15 point deduction due to the club not following football league rules on clubs entering administration.[25] On 31 August 2007 HMRC decided not to pursue their legal challenge any further.[26] Wise and his assistant Gus Poyet guided Leeds to a play-off place at the start of 2008, despite the 15-point deduction, which seemed to galvanise the Leeds players and fans and helped Leeds maintain an unbeaten start in the first quarter of the season. Assistant Manager Gus Poyet left to join Tottenham, and he was replaced by Dave Bassett. Wise controversially quit as manager on 28 January to take up a position in Kevin Keegan''s new set-up at Newcastle United.[27]

For information - this is what happened to Leeds, but as pointed out its to do with the CVA.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]They took it last season instead...how are they able to sign Edgar Davids...
[/quote]

He is a pay per play as far as I know

Lets hope the positive news means they give Ipshit and Keano a good spanking tomorrow.Anyone remember Simon Jordan LOL, I heard he''s going to be on I''m a Celebrity later in the year [;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Davids must be 45 by now, I cant see him being all that effective - watch me eat my words when we play them [:P][/quote]37 actually nana, and not fully fit btw, they must be bonkers.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Davids must be 45 by now, I cant see him being all that effective - watch me eat my words when we play them [:P][/quote]37 actually nana, and not fully fit btw, they must be bonkers.[/quote]

Well its still old, anyone over tha age of 32 is ''old'' in football now a days!

[quote user="First Wizard"]37 actually nana, and not fully fit btw, they must be bonkers.[/quote]

I thought he had been training quite heavily on his own, obviously he wouldn''t be ready to start and play the full 90 mins yet, but I doubt if he is far off.

37 and not played a minute of competitive football in 2 years. Dodgy deal. I would welcome it though, as he would raise the profile of the league abroad at least. :)

[quote user="kick it off"]37 and not played a minute of competitive football in 2 years. Dodgy deal. I would welcome it though, as he would raise the profile of the league abroad at least. :)[/quote]

Looks like an effort to sell to sell shirts rather than play games. I''d rather have Crofts!

also the original points deduction depends on the date of entering administration, there is a cut off date sometime in March.  Before this date it applies for that season, after the date its up to the league to decide if its that season or the next.  Came about after Leeds fiasco of taking the points deduction when already relegated.

Also i see Palace have taken Counago on loan from Ipswich as well

Davids is talanted but as you say he hasent played porfessional football for 2 years there is huge quesion marks over the players fitness as he hasent been with a club for the same time and he is old . Quite risky to get him in but the palace squad has gaps with fewer players than other teams but George "scum" Burley must have faith in his ability but personally I cant see this signing working out for palace. But about the point deduction rule yes palace should have been deducted points (as well as portsmouth) as the rules are yet to change

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Davids must be 45 by now, I cant see him being all that effective - watch me eat my words when we play them [:P][/quote]OMG, I actually find myself agreeing with the banana! [:(]