Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

WORTHY OUT!-

-classed again!

Only managed to listen to the game today. Not surprised that he hadn''t made changes to the line up. I think a major shakeup is required!

Just listened to Canary call on the radio, one lateral thinking caller suggested that staying in the Premiership isn''t the priority for the club, but, our financial stability is?

Yes, we don''t want to go bankrupt, but we must try to stay in the top-flight, because it will be damned  difficult to plot a return, (Wolves, Leeds & Leics ) are not exactly setting the fizzy league alight. I''m not going to disect the game today, because I''m sure a plethora of threads regarding our poor showing will swamp the forum tonight.... 

Maybe, if we had retained the team that got us here in the first place, we might be doing a little bit better? Who knows, just a thought...

Anyway, lets take the positives from today?....Nope!- can''t think of any!!!  Off The Ball (today) City! ;~(

I actually think its the opposite on what u''ve said on using players that got us up. Only 2 players that we signed in the summer actually start so u cant say that. we had harper and cooper last year who weren''t even ours so we''ve just replaced them with jonson,(and i think jonson is better than both of them anyway) and charlton for mackay.

so really we should be using more of the players we signed because obviously the players we have got on aren''t good enough to even win a game. lets try helveg, doherty, safri, bentley and see where that gets us.

certianly we should not keep the same team because it aint working. sort it out worthy!!!!!!

It''s not worth replying to this nonsense. Why should Worthington go? Be realistic. If he goes we''re no better than the rest. What good would it do? Some knee-jerk replacement who hasn''t got the big picture - just his own ego to satisfy as somebody who has failed elsewhere.

Look at West Brom - what a mess with some bloke in charge who couldn''t cut it at Bradford. Or Boro. If we go down with eight points, Worthy still in charge then so be it. I''d rather start in the Championship with him in charge rather than Dave Bassett, David Pleat, Micky Adams, Gerard Houllier, Hoddle (God forbid!) - the list is just endless.

Stay calm. Enjoy the dosh next year. We''ll be back. Show the whole damn World that we are NCFC and we''re damn proud of it. We''ll come good. Believe.

[quote]I actually think its the opposite on what u''ve said on using players that got us up. Only 2 players that we signed in the summer actually start so u cant say that. we had harper and cooper last year w...[/quote]

Sorry James. Truth is the side that lost 4-0 today was the strongest team we''ve got and we just have to accept that on this board.

At the end of the day we have just returned to the Premiership for the first time in 9 years and we''re playing opposition who have had the luxury of a Premiership income for decades and we haven''t. I fully expected to be on the wrong end of some 4 or 5-0 thumpings this season.

It''s not all doom and gloom. Next Saturday is a six pointer, if (big if) we win then it''s game on again. Remember all we have to do is finish 4th from bottom and until it''s out of distance the season is still on

like many others only managed to listen to the game today but was disappointed with what i heard.i am not giong to say worthy out as i believe that he still has something to offer as a manager but i wish that he would have spent the recent budget on players that he is actually going to play.he has openly admitted through local newspapers that gary docherty is not up to the fitness level that the club expects which begs me to ask why buy him in the first place(a panic buy i think)and to be honest what i have seen of him this season i dont think he is worth the fee that we paid for him anyway.what has safri done either he has shown that he can control a game from the middle of the park yet gary holt always get the nod.I always have had faith in the team and every home match that i go to i always think the same but just lately i begin to question the belief of the management team and team selection,heres hoping that i am wrong and that we give southampton a rite beatin next sat

Mr Patrick, read the top line of my thread....."I wuz been hireon-hic"...

Getting rid of the Manager (at this moment in time), is not the solution. What I would suggest, is that he looks for a bit of guidance and assistance from an established and experienced coach, to compensate for his tactical naivety. Anyway, regardless of what happens come the rest of the season, I will still be taking my seat at ''Carra Rud'' in AUGUST 2005... OTBC ;~) 

Lets get real, what we saw yesteday says we ain''t gonna make it the whole set up doesnt work. We must start planning now for the inevitable please dont let us do a Bradford /Barnsley and go into free fall.

We need to capitalise on our assets and rebuild. January should be sell not buy lets prepare for another couple of sesons with the dross bring in tough fit youngsters and make em run. Worthington can do this, that is his limit and I agree with others the alternatives are to awful to contemplate. 

I''m siding with you on this one BEDS,

I think we do have a strong team line up, but what we don''t have is that...

''FIRST WIN"... and yes, I think after that things will change for us...

All we have to do is finish 17th and we''re up... plenty of time left Canaries...

Are we done yet...????????????????????????

HELL NO!!

Mello... out dude... we Kooooooooooooooool

I heard the same comment on canary call that we shouldn''t look to stay up. If you don''t believe you can, you definitely won''t!! I think that is the first thing we should be looking to do. We got here as Champions last year. It seems ages ago I was standing outside the City Hall celebrating!!

I don''t think getting rid of Worthy would achieve anything.

OK, having just sat through the Sunday morning re-run of MOTD, I have to say that we looked awful against a distinctly average looking Charlton.   Now I''m sure that I am going to be corrected by those of you at the game yesterday - and I have to take into account the fact that this was edited highlights, but we looked completely and utterly out of our depth...

What on earth is going on?   How on earth can we be so bad?   Why do we appear to be so out of our depth?  That is what really worries me - it is as if no-one expected life in the Premiership to be difficult and that finding out the truth has come as a big suprise.   I

f that really is the case then it is criminal behaviour by both the coaching staff and the management - and they deserve to suffer the consequences - although as usual within football it is the fans that suffer.

I think was probably our best XI that played yesterday - with the exception of Jonson - and we were outclassed.

As for helveg, doherty and bentley I''m in no desperate need to be reminded of the mistakes Worthington made since promotion in the transfer/loan market.