Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Letter of concern

So the OP spent £100 last week to get to Scunthorpe but moans about spending £55 to go to Carrow Road?  Why not save £45 and go twice (almost) to Carrow Road?

[quote user="yellow blood"]So the OP spent £100 last week to get to Scunthorpe but moans about spending £55 to go to Carrow Road?  Why not save £45 and go twice (almost) to Carrow Road?[/quote]Ha, very good point indeed!

[quote user="mj"]

I think its a question of priorities and demand to be honest.

For example, ive had a ST for over 12 years and an away season ticket for as long as theyve been available. I went to uni 200 miles away and have lived 150 miles away for the last 7 years. I am fortunate that I am able to afford it, but I go without ceratain luxuries to do it!

I think its a matter of personal choice, and to be honest for me its probably an addiction more than a hobby! I also think there are enough fans willing to pay the asking price for the club to keep charging, and any business would charge as much as they could get away with. Plus they have the emotional attachment of the fans to fall back on. For example theres nothing better than a last minute winner to make you feel that the cost doesnt matter and to get you to go next week is there... ;o)

If I were you, I would go without the programme and refreshments inside - complete rip off!

[/quote]The club doesn''t want anybody to offset one from the other.  They want us to pay the extra on everything and buy a programme etc etc.  If you were a true fan you would[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]Morty I''m not saying you''re wrong because you are not wrong.  In principle what you''ve said is logical.  But... The problem many fans have is, they feel they have a right to be able to afford to watch Norwich even if they are on minimum wage.  Your argument (though I said is fair and correct) is like saying cutting back going to the pub from twice a week to once.  Norwich is different, we''ve all bought into Norwich is a community, Norwich is like a church/religion.  That''s why many are peed off.  They feel as though they''ve been priced out of their community or church.[/quote]So what you''re saying is that we''d rather have "little old Naarwich" as opposed to a successful, competitive team?[/quote]If I honestly thought that hiking the seat prices and charging £2 for a cup of horse''s piss was the magic bullet for a successful and competitive team I''d agree. In reality it''s going to do absolutely beggar all in that dept.  It''s like sticking a plaster on an amputated limb.   [/quote]Football costs money.The club needs our money to be competitive (until such time that we get investment)The rest is down to good management, the club being run properly, fit and motivated players, and a big slice of luck.

[/quote]so how come football on the contient costs less money than it does in blighty? and football accross europe is in the same boat.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]Morty I''m not saying you''re wrong because you are not wrong.  In principle what you''ve said is logical.  But... The problem many fans have is, they feel they have a right to be able to afford to watch Norwich even if they are on minimum wage.  Your argument (though I said is fair and correct) is like saying cutting back going to the pub from twice a week to once.  Norwich is different, we''ve all bought into Norwich is a community, Norwich is like a church/religion.  That''s why many are peed off.  They feel as though they''ve been priced out of their community or church.[/quote]So what you''re saying is that we''d rather have "little old Naarwich" as opposed to a successful, competitive team?[/quote]If I honestly thought that hiking the seat prices and charging £2 for a cup of horse''s piss was the magic bullet for a successful and competitive team I''d agree. In reality it''s going to do absolutely beggar all in that dept.  It''s like sticking a plaster on an amputated limb.   [/quote]Football costs money.The club needs our money to be competitive (until such time that we get investment)The rest is down to good management, the club being run properly, fit and motivated players, and a big slice of luck.

[/quote]so how come football on the contient costs less money than it does in blighty? and football accross europe is in the same boat.[/quote]I would say because the Prem has been marketed, and in a lot of ways, financed by Sky to become a global product that they sell all round the world.When was the last Bundesliga game you watched?

Unfortunately we are having to pay now for the total mismanagement of this club by Mr Doomcaster. The next big hit will be season tickets next year, imo the club have no option, well I suppose they do administration and relegation. Tickets were simply to cheap and a bit like this country we now have a deficit that we have to get rid of asap to move this club forward. Like Morty I have 2 kids season tickets for my lad and his friend. They are far far to cheap. Saying that I cant afford a huge amount more but when push comes to shove I will. My sons seat is obviously used every game at a cost of £90 per season. If his seat was only used 3 times a season by an adult it would generate the same income. 

The concern I have in all this is that threads a mile long and letters of complaint were being sent to McNally only 3 months ago that we needed a 35000 seater stadium. Thank heavens McNally in the main stuck to his guns and said no way until we are an established premier league club. Unless we start filling the extra seats that have been installed at the new prices we are going to lose a fortune. The prices had to go up to pay for the additional 2500 subsidised season tickets. I think my calculations are right that despite the increased costs we need to get bigger gates than last year to increase revenue. With the cost of upping the capacity to 35000 not only would we need to fill them, but they cant be filled with cheap tickets or we would just be back to spiraling debts.

I like most am totally against the ridiculos cost of football as it is now, but that is where football has gone. Dont forget most of us pay £55 pm for Sky ( including in the close season ) that is mainly given to support premier league clubs.  

[quote user="morty"][quote user="pennywise "]thats it then subject closed [:D][/quote]Hehehe.The thing is, the reason we''re in so much debt is the fact that we have been too cheap for years, I''d love it stay that way too, I don''t have a lot of cash to splash.Its like in the case of season tickets, I buy three. I consider my ticket in the Barclay about right, but my kids tickets (one under 12, one over) work out at about 5 and 9 pound per game.Now whilst I am obviously liking that price, is that really a realistic price to pay in modern terms? You can''t even take your kid to the cinema for a fiver.[/quote]But a lot of adults won''t go to games unless they can afford to take their kids along too. Nearly every club has cheap season ticket prices for kids. If you lose just 2 thousand kids then that could translate to attendances as much as 6,000 lower if each kid went with 2 adults.

[quote user="morty"]Haven''t we covered this to death already?

We have been running at a loss in recent years to try and swell the crowds as much as possible, and look where we ended up.

If we want success we have to pay for it, however unpalatable it may be, its how it is.

[/quote]

It''s a difficult balance to get right though Morty and if they don''t get it right it could have quite the opposite effect.

The problem is that supporting NCFC has been under priced for a decade.  Now we are in debt and still spending to try to achieve promotion two seasons running, the CLUB NEEDS MORE MONEY.It simply isn''t effing rocket science. 

[quote user="yellow blood"]So the OP spent £100 last week to get to Scunthorpe but moans about spending £55 to go to Carrow Road?  Why not save £45 and go twice (almost) to Carrow Road?[/quote]

[Y]  The OP in his wisdom also chose not to quote the cheapest price which is £27 for members in the end stands.  Why??  As for whinging about things like a programme and refreshments which nobody has to buy, words fail me.....

[quote user="Pabs"]I would rather be us where we are now than Wigan with 10,000 rattling around ina 25,000 stadium in the Prem.[/quote]Wigans average attendance this season is over 16,000 so far this season.

" so how come football on the contient costs less money than it does in blighty? and football accross europe is in the same boat."

Players wages are much lower as a suggestion...

And are clubs in the same boat there ?

For anyone spouting the "working class" crap etc, lets pose a simple question to ALL fans.

Pay more money or go into administration.Go on choose.

Andy - Your post is spot on. I too am falling out of love with football for exactly the same reasons as you.

If I did not have a season ticket, this seasons prices would push me away from the game even further.

I used to do pretty much every game home and away but began to miss a few, then a few more and this season I suspect Ill struggle to get to the ten stub mark.

Anything over £20 for a Championship game is too much imo and I earn a reasonable wage.

I am just tired of funding these overpaid idiots and the idiots that make the decisions at the club.

oh and I also agree with the poster that siad all these small changes will make **** all difference to our debt. what we need is a owner who is willing to sell and too sell to someone who is not her mate.

Getting Stephen Fry on board sums her up!

Hark at all you whinging bastards! You''ve been paying inflated prices to support football for fu*king years, so if you want to blame anyone for the current state of the game take a look at yourselves.I go on a casual basis and yes I always feel a tad guilty for funding the demise of the game, but there''s absolutely no use in me coming on here and moaning about the prices because that would make as a big a hypocrite as you c*unts.It''s all about principles and if us football fans had stuck by them years ago before and whilst the rot set in, then I reckon in all probability we''d still be paying sensible money to watch footballers earning sensible wages.Seriously, you twots - you moan about the costs of admission prices much in the same way as you whinge on about Murdoch, yet you still subscribe to SKY like your miserable lives depended on it. Just put up or abstain for fu*ks sake!.

I agree its very pricey.

However I don''t want to see us go the same route as Ipswich and have a half full/empty ground because over pricing. This could make it worse than where we are. No one likes to be taken advantage of, at the same time everyone wants to see success. Increases to tickets etc are the only way, but the economic climate is still very much in limbo.

Like to see the crowd numbers in a few weeks when people are back from their hols.

Watford was not a sell out, see what tomorrow is going to be!

[quote user="Shyster"]Hark at all you whinging bastards! You''ve been paying inflated prices to support football for fu*king years, so if you want to blame anyone for the current state of the game take a look at yourselves.I go on a casual basis and yes I always feel a tad guilty for funding the demise of the game, but there''s absolutely no use in me coming on here and moaning about the prices because that would make as a big a hypocrite as you c*unts.It''s all about principles and if us football fans had stuck by them years ago before and whilst the rot set in, then I reckon in all probability we''d still be paying sensible money to watch footballers earning sensible wages.Seriously, you twots - you moan about the costs of admission prices much in the same way as you whinge on about Murdoch, yet you still subscribe to SKY like your miserable lives depended on it. Just put up or abstain for fu*ks sake!.[/quote]As much as I hate to say this, the thrust of what he says is right. We have funded the malaise that is football in its current state. I thought that the game might be a wee bit more reflective about the current economic climate, but if anything it seems to be pressing on with ever more ridiculous wages and fees and ticket prices.If we all decided to get off the bus it would have to do something. But we do like to worship at this altar of false deities (not that there is a real god, just the big made-up lad that some high priest bangs on about!) and we continue to pay Murdoch''s grubby shilling.Simple answer is find something else to do… step away from Sky TV, stick your fingers up to the whole rotten game and watch it collapse. If, by their greed, they don''t want you to attend then don''t. Find something else to do and listen to it on the radio.Cut wages for prima donna footballers hugely. Cut them for mediocre players even more. Sack agents. Piss Murdoch right off and we might start getting somewhere.Otherwise you simply pay for Manure and Chelski et al to ruin the game.

"the new audiences are people who wanted to go

to matches but were put off by the poor facilities and crowd

violence" (Irving Scholar, former chairman, Tottenham Hotspur FC).Nothing wrong with pricing chavs out of the game, they can watch it at home on their 50" TVs and do their fighting somewhere else [:P]

[quote user="Pabs"]I have been a fan of Norwich for 20 years, and I have always been happy to pay whatever to support my team.

In a season, this would usually include

a) either a season ticket or a membership - with a membership I would perhaps get to 9 or 10 home games and 3 or 4 away a season. This has depended on my situation as I have been away at uni some years and it hasn''t been practical to get an S/T.

b) A home or away shirt

c) Travel to and from matches

d) Refreshments in the ground, before match and at half time

e) Programme every match

f) Other items as the season goes along - taking family to matches, buying other bits and bobs etc etc.

Anyway, this year is one I haven''t purchased a S/T for. Not because I can''t afford it particularly but more because of my work situation. I actually think season tickets are reasonably priced compared to some clubs, but a single matchday experience for a fan is becoming almost impossible.

Here goes (Swansea match as example):

Ticket (with super membership) £29

Ticket Booking Fee £1.50

Train/Petrol & Parking to match: £10

Refreshments (in ground only - 2 snacks and drink): £7

Programme: £3

Basically, this means an average HOME game for me would cost in the region of £55,and this is without a couple of pints and other refreshments before the game.

Now, don''t get me wrong, I love watching my team and I would rather do that than anything else on a Saturday afternoon (I had a brilliant day at Glanford Park last Saturday) but at that cost per match I just cant afford to go as much as I would like to. I don''t have a bad job but there are bills to pay and food to buy etc, and I just feel that the club are pricing the casual fan out of being able to afford it regularly.

I know the club is in debt, but surely a £5 reduction on casual match day tickets and getting rid of the ridiculous booking fee would be a way to get crowds up to 26 -27,000 instead of 24,500?

Sorry if this comes across as a big moan (it is really) but I am just concerned that we may be pushing some fans away.[/quote]Normal supporters who can''t pay the ''queens'' shilling you are no longer wanted. If however Norwich is your second team and you''ve got wads.... come on in. Don''t bother if you don''t get too excited during the match as this will please the other  sycophantic luvvies around you.

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Pabs"]I have been a fan of Norwich for 20 years, and I have always been happy to pay whatever to support my team.

a) either a season ticket or a membership - with a membership I would perhaps get to 9 or 10 home games and 3 or 4 away a season. This has depended on my situation as I have been away at uni some years and it hasn''t been practical to get an S/T.

b) A home or away shirt

e) Programme every match

f) Other items as the season goes along - taking family to matches, buying other bits and bobs etc etc.

Anyway, this year is one I haven''t purchased a S/T for. Not because I can''t afford it particularly but more because of my work situation. I actually think season tickets are reasonably priced compared to some clubs, but a single matchday experience for a fan is becoming almost impossible.

Ticket Booking Fee £1.50

Basically, this means an average HOME game for me would cost in the region of £55,and this is without a couple of pints and other refreshments before the game.

Now, don''t get me wrong, I love watching my team and I would rather do that than anything else on a Saturday afternoon (I had a brilliant day at Glanford Park last Saturday) but at that cost per match I just cant afford to go as much as I would like to. I don''t have a bad job but there are bills to pay and food to buy etc, and I just feel that the club are pricing the casual fan out of being able to afford it regularly.

I know the club is in debt, but surely a £5 reduction on casual match day tickets and getting rid of the ridiculous booking fee would be a way to get crowds up to 26 -27,000 instead of 24,500?

Sorry if this comes across as a big moan (it is really) but I am just concerned that we may be pushing some fans away.[/quote]Normal supporters who can''t pay the ''queens'' shilling you are no longer wanted. If however Norwich is your second team and you''ve got wads.... come on in. Don''t bother if you don''t get too excited during the match as this will please the other  sycophantic luvvies around you.[/quote]ah, you''re getting all confused again. What are the club mean''t to do, reduce the price if you can prove you''re working class? You want us to compete at the highest level, try having a look at the prices the top clubs charge to get in regardless of whether they''re owned by a cook or a crook. Modern football is rotten in many ways, but  NCFC do a fairly reasonable job balancing community and the greed of the players/agents/managers and their self-serving gravy train. Why do you care anyway, you don''t go to matches do you?

why do so many people assume we all pay ''murdoch''s shilling'' and subscribe to scummy sky?

i don''t. why would we as fans of a non premier league club? we can watch premier league on motd and we can go to live games to watch norwich (and or watch manish!)

does everyone on here have sky? i would certainly agree if someone does have it - and then complains about having to pay too much to watch norwich - that they ''aint got a leg to stand on!

Ref89 obviously can''t have a reasoned debate and must just slag people off and pick holes in things they say.

All I was pointing out with regards the prices of food/drink inside the ground is that I used to buy these hings but now they are overpriced and I don''t. But I do need to eat something between midday and 6:30pm which is the time it takes me to watch the match and travel, so there will be a cost there somewhere.

To be honest, you can slag me off if u want but it isnt just me whose concerned> I am more concerned for families who are being priced out. To take a family of four today (just for tickets) is approx. £100...

Oh, and as for not finding the cheapest ticket available I am so sorry, there was a difference of £2. I just looked at where I have sat recently.

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Pabs"]I have been a fan of Norwich for 20 years, and I have always been happy to pay whatever to support my team.

b) A home or away shirt

e) Programme every match

Ticket Booking Fee £1.50

Sorry if this comes across as a big moan (it is really) but I am just concerned that we may be pushing some fans away.[/quote]Normal supporters who can''t pay the ''queens'' shilling you are no longer wanted. If however Norwich is your second team and you''ve got wads.... come on in. Don''t bother if you don''t get too excited during the match as this will please the other  sycophantic luvvies around you.[/quote]ah, you''re getting all confused again. What are the club mean''t to do, reduce the price if you can prove you''re working class? You want us to compete at the highest level, try having a look at the prices the top clubs charge to get in regardless of whether they''re owned by a cook or a crook. Modern football is rotten in many ways, but  NCFC do a fairly reasonable job balancing community and the greed of the players/agents/managers and their self-serving gravy train. Why do you care anyway, you don''t go to matches do you?[/quote]Silly boy.Come back with a more substantial argument and I might bother engaging with you.As for ''not going to games''.... Simply paying Delia her house-keeping money doesn''t make you a ''fan''. Caring about the ''whole'' is what it''s about.... but sadly far too many on here are purely interested in themselves and their ''enetertainment''.Jog on.

I don`t want to slag you off Pabs, but your post was a bit misleading.  The food thing is another one where you are portraying something as a necessary spend, which isn`t.  Just pack some sandwiches!? 

I think people have a fair point on kids prices- but then they`ve had it incredibly cheap for years and we ended up at our lowest level for 50 years with our finances "dire" according to our CE.  Something had to give and to me it`s a bit like moaning when a "buy one get one free" offer at the supermarket ends- you can`t have stuff on the cheap all the time!

[quote user="Shyster"]Hark at all you whinging bastards! You''ve been paying inflated prices to support football for fu*king years, so if you want to blame anyone for the current state of the game take a look at yourselves.I go on a casual basis and yes I always feel a tad guilty for funding the demise of the game, but there''s absolutely no use in me coming on here and moaning about the prices because that would make as a big a hypocrite as you c*unts.It''s all about principles and if us football fans had stuck by them years ago before and whilst the rot set in, then I reckon in all probability we''d still be paying sensible money to watch footballers earning sensible wages.Seriously, you twots - you moan about the costs of admission prices much in the same way as you whinge on about Murdoch, yet you still subscribe to SKY like your miserable lives depended on it. Just put up or abstain for fu*ks sake!.[/quote]Excellent points made as usual Shyster.......Preaching in the graveyard on here though.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

I don`t want to slag you off Pabs, but your post was a bit misleading.  The food thing is another one where you are portraying something as a necessary spend, which isn`t.  Just pack some sandwiches!? 

I think people have a fair point on kids prices- but then they`ve had it incredibly cheap for years and we ended up at our lowest level for 50 years with our finances "dire" according to our CE.  Something had to give and to me it`s a bit like moaning when a "buy one get one free" offer at the supermarket ends- you can`t have stuff on the cheap all the time!

[/quote]Except that kids prices are cheap at just about every club.The finances are dire because the club hadn''t spent wisely on players and then relegation cost the club millions in lost TV revenue.The money spent on installing new seats is a complete waste of money unless the are going to be filled.

[quote user="Shyster"]Hark at all you whinging bastards! You''ve been paying inflated prices to support football for fu*king years, so if you want to blame anyone for the current state of the game take a look at yourselves.

I go on a casual basis and yes I always feel a tad guilty for funding the demise of the game, but there''s absolutely no use in me coming on here and moaning about the prices because that would make as a big a hypocrite as you c*unts.

It''s all about principles and if us football fans had stuck by them years ago before and whilst the rot set in, then I reckon in all probability we''d still be paying sensible money to watch footballers earning sensible wages.

Seriously, you twots - you moan about the costs of admission prices much in the same way as you whinge on about Murdoch, yet you still subscribe to SKY like your miserable lives depended on it.

Just put up or abstain for fu*ks sake!.
[/quote]

While I don''t agree with the way you put it, I agree in part with some of what you say.

Everything in football today is geared to one thing, getting money out of supporters and I think it''s getting to a point now where we all have to say no.

People always complain about ticket prices, player wages etc.  What needs to happen is this, someone needs to organise a mass boycott of football around the whole country, basically a supporter strike.  How great it would be to tune into Match of The Day to see every game played in total silence.  If you did this enough, you would soon see ticket prices fall and more importantly, wages drop and at the end of the day, it''s the wages and agents fees that are crippling football, nothing else.

Will never happen though.