Sign in to follow this  
alysha

Team for tomorrow

I would like to see the team that started last week, which I think will, but not sure if Lambert will bring back Fox for the home games or not?

It would depend if Fox can play on the right really, because having seen Crofts play at the base last week, I think he may have that position nailed.

It will be the same as last week I''d imagine.  Or at least it should be.  I don''t really see Fox being that suitable at the base of the diamond regardless of whether we''re home or away.  He looks to be a technically good footballer though so he may get a chance in another position somewhere down the line.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Ruddy

Martin

Nelson

Ward [:S]

Drury

Fox

Crofts

Surman

Hoolahan

Holt

Martin

- Subs -

Rudd

Askou

Jackson

Smith

Hughes

Johnson

MacNamee - why, oh why?!

[/quote]

No Lappin in the squad Banana??

Ruddy

Martin

Nelson

Drury

Fox

Crofts

Surman

Hoolahan

Holt

Martin

- Subs -

Rudd

Askou

Jackson

Smith

Hughes

Johnson

MacNamee - why, oh why?!

[/quote]Why the confusion face next to ward and why "Why , oh why?!" next to Mcnamee?

more or less agree, i think the only debate is Smith or Fox on the right of the diamond.

And i''d have Lappin as sub not Hughes

Ruddy

Martin

Nelson

Drury

Fox

Crofts

Surman

Hoolahan

Holt

Martin

- Subs -

Rudd

Askou

Jackson

Smith

Hughes

Johnson

MacNamee - why, oh why?!

[/quote]

Why Fox?

It''s been proved that he is utter trash, why not have Korey Smith in and have the same team as last week?

[8-)]

Yes, in two games it has been ''proven'' that Fox is ''utter trash''. Nice one. Agree with Morty, surely the base of the diamond position is now Crofts'' to lose, but I felt Korey was a little off the pace last week, but certainly deserves another start to get his fitness up.So same team as last week for me too.

It seems that we have an abundance of choice in both midfield and in the forward line. We have a forward, who cost nearly £1m (eventually) who does not seem to be anybody''s first choice. Decent midfielders, that we would have begged for a couple of seasons ago, are now put on the bench.

I suppose this is ideal and indicates a strong squad and a decent season, but after years of thinking frugally in my considerations of NCFC this makes me slightly uncomfortable. What a waste, I think. I suppose I have been indoctrinated into the debtors way of thinking. McNamee? Johnson? These cost a bit didn''t they? They are on decent wages, are they not? 

I am totally wrong, and will be proved to be so as the season gets underway and injuries take their toll, or at a time when the inspired substitution of a Lappin, Johnson or McNamee gains a last minute point or two. We might even be able to put a second string out in that cup competition that I still call the "Milk Cup."

Perhaps it is because we had so much dross floating around the fringes and now we have a bit of quality.

Does anybody else see what I am getting at? I do not like seeing good players sitting it out week after week. We are Norwich after all, not Chelsea or Manchester City.

Get the defence sorted, either injury-wise or by establishing a consistent  line-up, then we will have a very good Championship SQUAD in the making. 

The only real debate over the starting line-up concerns Korey Smith''s inclusion Vs Fox. I think as it is a home game Fox will play, allowing the team to attack from the base of the diamond.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]The only real debate over the starting line-up concerns Korey Smith''s inclusion Vs Fox. I think as it is a home game Fox will play, allowing the team to attack from the base of the diamond.[/quote]

IYHO?

Jackson? Lappin? McNamee? It is a home game after all. Swansea are a bit average.

[quote user="Delia Out"]

Why Fox?

It''s been proved that he is utter trash, why not have Korey Smith in and have the same team as last week?

[8-)]

[/quote]Err, no it hasn''t, far from it!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

IYHO?

Jackson? Lappin? McNamee? It is a home game after all. Swansea are a bit average.

[/quote]

Ok, yes in my honest opinion. When has Lambert ever made wholesale changes to a line-up? Why make drastic changes to a winning team?

All 3 of those will be on the bench and I''m sure that at least 2 will feature in the game at some point. It''s just IMHO they won''t be in the starting line-up and the only real place he will question is Smith vs Fox.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

IYHO?

[/quote]

Ok, yes in my honest opinion. When has Lambert ever made wholesale changes to a line-up? Why make drastic changes to a winning team?

All 3 of those will be on the bench and I''m sure that at least 2 will feature in the game at some point. It''s just IMHO they won''t be in the starting line-up and the only real place he will question is Smith vs Fox.

[/quote]

Please do not get so uptight. This whole thread/board is about opinion. I, and you will deduce from my original post, was just stating that we have good choice at the moment and I think this is a good thing, but maybe not quite as cut and dried as you indicated. 

I will add, Iwan, that a lot of us feel that Simon Lappin will be harshly treated, if dropped, as he did make a match-winning contribution last week and continually performs well..  

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][

Please do not get so uptight. This whole thread/board is about opinion. I, and you will deduce from my original post, was just stating that we have good choice at the moment and I think this is a good thing, but maybe not quite as cut and dried as you indicated. 

[/quote]

I think you''ve mistaken what I was trying to say because it is a messageboard - in future I will add smiley''s to make it clearly. [:)]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I will add, Iwan, that a lot of us feel that Simon Lappin will be harshly treated, if dropped, as he did make a match-winning contribution last week and continually performs well..  [/quote]

Indeed he did do well last week and compeition on the left hand side is something we''ve lacked for a long time.  However, I think that Lambert won''t leave one of his - and if belived a 1.2mil signing - on the bench for Lappin, at this point in the season.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I will add, Iwan, that a lot of us feel that Simon Lappin will be harshly treated, if dropped[/quote]

He can''t be dropped if he didn''t start the match.  He came on for a couple of minutes at the end and happened to make a vital contribution to our goal.  I don''t think anyone can really say that he deserves to start based on a two-minute sub appearance.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I will add, Iwan, that a lot of us feel that Simon Lappin will be harshly treated, if dropped, as he did make a match-winning contribution last week and continually performs well..  [/quote]

Indeed he did do well last week and compeition on the left hand side is something we''ve lacked for a long time.  However, I think that Lambert won''t leave one of his - and if belived a 1.2mil signing - on the bench for Lappin, at this point in the season.

[/quote]

Agreed, and back to my orinal posting a few up. We now think in terms of players who deserve to be included in the starting eleven, rather than dropped from it. Lappin deserves a place, but I, like you, would prefer Surman. McNamee is an exciting choice at Carrow Road against average opposition.

Good situation and well done the manager.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I will add, Iwan, that a lot of us feel that Simon Lappin will be harshly treated, if dropped[/quote]

He can''t be dropped if he didn''t start the match.  He came on for a couple of minutes at the end and happened to make a vital contribution to our goal.  I don''t think anyone can really say that he deserves to start based on a two-minute sub appearance.

[/quote]

Well he didn''t do so badly for the whole of last season.