Sign in to follow this  
lordyfan

todays game

just watched the first half. not very convincing. look a bit short in midfield. holtys running up and down like a madman. we''re gonna have to improve on this so far

Didn''t think first half was too bad, just need to control the game more. Penetration isn''t a problem, but control is.

Lovely, lovely finish from Jackson. Both Jackson and Ant Mac crucial in our 2 goals - some inspired subs there.

I await for the R.Martin bashing to commence.

Great game for Ruddy, Nelson and Ward a very composed performance. It''s nice to see Lambert isn''t afraid to adapt the formation when it quite clearly needs changing, something previous managers have been scared to do.

For much of the game it felt like we were playing away, at least until the last 15 minutes.

We seemed to stand off them a lot and let them run at us. Particularly worrying to see the number of times their strikers had two touches of the ball in our penalty area. Way too much space.

As others have commented on the Watford game I thought the midfield seemed lightweight and couldn''t impose itself on the game.

And I thought Holt was very poor today. Maybe not completely fit? Just an off day? Struggling with the Championship?

Great save by Ruddy - watched the replay several times and it was a cracker.

Great substitutions by Lambert and lovely goal from Jackson,

I''d want to see a lot more authority in midfield, closing their players down way sooner.

I think a draw would have been fair, but we couldn''t have complained if we lost.

I thought 2-0 was very flattering