Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Decent Exposure

Time was when Delia Smith was our only known celebrity. Whatever some say it is good for business to have people in the public eye wearing the colours or mentioning the team.

Today, we have Jake Humphrey gently promoting us on BBC TV and Mick Dennis doing so more loudly on BBC Radio.

Stephen Fry will no doubt be asked about his directorship and he, like the others, are fans first as opposed to so many other Club owners and followers who buy into the brand.

Because of the fundamental love of an historically unfashionable Club the sentiments come across as genuine and subtle and this gives NCFC credibility.

There are other City fans out there too and I would put Dion Dublin into a sub-category for example.

Far from being made into a joke by our celebrity associations we are being given positive exposure and credibility and this helps us to grow as a buisiness.

We are lucky, Ipswich''s benefactor is anonymous and there are few Clubs who have the levels of positive promotion we now enjoy.

Outside of the glamour Clubs, how many now have our media profile as a Club?

Usual good post Rude. It is a good job we are building this media friendly image as newspapers in particular give us a rough time I feel.

Whilst the likes of those you have mentioned do a great job and we have quite a few other celebs scattered about, Messrs McNasty and Bowkett have been major players in changing the image of the club not forgetting Mr Lambert of course.

All in all though we are gathering a damn good team both on and off the field. Let''s just hope certain members of the board now know their place and concentrate on what they do best.

yeah great post,

The exposure we are getting i think is really good for the club. For the first time in years we seem to be moving in the right direction, on and off the pitch.

We also got some good press over the amount of season tickets sold and having some fans in the sky sports news team also helps.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Time was when Delia Smith was our only known celebrity. Whatever some say it is good for business to have people in the public eye wearing the colours or mentioning the team.

Today, we have Jake Humphrey gently promoting us on BBC TV and Mick Dennis doing so more loudly on BBC Radio.

Stephen Fry will no doubt be asked about his directorship and he, like the others, are fans first as opposed to so many other Club owners and followers who buy into the brand.

Because of the fundamental love of an historically unfashionable Club the sentiments come across as genuine and subtle and this gives NCFC credibility.

There are other City fans out there too and I would put Dion Dublin into a sub-category for example.

Far from being made into a joke by our celebrity associations we are being given positive exposure and credibility and this helps us to grow as a buisiness.

We are lucky, Ipswich''s benefactor is anonymous and there are few Clubs who have the levels of positive promotion we now enjoy.

Outside of the glamour Clubs, how many now have our media profile as a Club?[/quote]Spot on red nose, absolutely spot on.Don''t forget Mick D''s weekly appearances on Sky Sports news - he manages to turn EVERYthing he covers into an analogy about norwich. Mentions then in EVERY performance. He keeps saying he gets stick from this forum and I know some people disagree with his support of delia (I am NOT one of them) but I don''t know anyone that doesn''t appreciate his constant bigging us up in the media.

[quote user="ZiggyPiggy"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Time was when Delia Smith was our only known celebrity. Whatever some say it is good for business to have people in the public eye wearing the colours or mentioning the team. Today, we have Jake Humphrey gently promoting us on BBC TV and Mick Dennis doing so more loudly on BBC Radio. Stephen Fry will no doubt be asked about his directorship and he, like the others, are fans first as opposed to so many other Club owners and followers who buy into the brand. Because of the fundamental love of an historically unfashionable Club the sentiments come across as genuine and subtle and this gives NCFC credibility. There are other City fans out there too and I would put Dion Dublin into a sub-category for example. Far from being made into a joke by our celebrity associations we are being given positive exposure and credibility and this helps us to grow as a buisiness. We are lucky, Ipswich''s benefactor is anonymous and there are few Clubs who have the levels of positive promotion we now enjoy. Outside of the glamour Clubs, how many now have our media profile as a Club?[/quote]

Spot on red nose, absolutely spot on.

Don''t forget Mick D''s weekly appearances on Sky Sports news - he manages to turn EVERYthing he covers into an analogy about norwich. Mentions then in EVERY performance. He keeps saying he gets stick from this forum and I know some people disagree with his support of delia (I am NOT one of them) but I don''t know anyone that doesn''t appreciate his constant bigging us up in the media.
[/quote]

Hey, and what about Canary Fan, Ed Balls?.......Mmmh, yeah, and what about Canary Fan, Ed Balls?

I also, rapidly forget EVERYthing about Mick D''s weekly appearances on Sky Sports news - including his Norwich anal-ology.....fortunately. So, I''ll be the only one.....then.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Time was when Delia Smith was our only known celebrity. Whatever some say it is good for business to have people in the public eye wearing the colours or mentioning the team.

Outside of the glamour Clubs, how many now have our media profile as a Club?[/quote]Sycophantic bollox......I''d rather we were in the news at all than in it for all the wrong reasons. A silly old tv cook and a bi-polar homosexual are NOT what a serious football club needs in order to gain credibility.Just picture the scene had this been Ipswich.... so go ahead and bathe in the glow of your hypocrisy.

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Time was when Delia Smith was our only known celebrity. Whatever some say it is good for business to have people in the public eye wearing the colours or mentioning the team. Today, we have Jake Humphrey gently promoting us on BBC TV and Mick Dennis doing so more loudly on BBC Radio. Stephen Fry will no doubt be asked about his directorship and he, like the others, are fans first as opposed to so many other Club owners and followers who buy into the brand. Because of the fundamental love of an historically unfashionable Club the sentiments come across as genuine and subtle and this gives NCFC credibility. There are other City fans out there too and I would put Dion Dublin into a sub-category for example. Far from being made into a joke by our celebrity associations we are being given positive exposure and credibility and this helps us to grow as a buisiness. We are lucky, Ipswich''s benefactor is anonymous and there are few Clubs who have the levels of positive promotion we now enjoy. Outside of the glamour Clubs, how many now have our media profile as a Club?[/quote]

Sycophantic bollox......

I''d rather we were in the news at all than in it for all the wrong reasons. A silly old tv cook and a bi-polar homosexual are NOT what a serious football club needs in order to gain credibility.

Just picture the scene had this been Ipswich.... so go ahead and bathe in the glow of your hypocrisy.
[/quote]

Cool story bro.

I don''t agree with the way Cluck put his/her post, as it just seems a little too offensive. Not to me, I might add, as I actually thought it was mildly comical. Although, I doubt it was supposed to be satirical. However, I kind of agree with the sentiment. While it annoys me that we haven''t even registered on the national media radar in the past, I quite liked the feeling of being an underdog. Like it was us against them, you know? This can sometimes galvanise the players and staff, bringing them closer together and allowing them to go about their business out of the spotlight. It''s worked for other clubs and worked for us to some extent last year. Paul Lambert has often alluded to not enjoying the glare of the media after all.I think this decision to bring Stephen Fry (for whom I have huge admiration) on board is one with the long term future of the club in mind. His undoubted passion for the club will rub off on people and help to increase our worldwide fan base. He has a wealth of contacts and I''m sure this will help in years to come.The riches and fame won''t appear overnight though and I reckon we can look forward to more media obscurity- for now at least! [;)]

Cluck, why does a "bi-polar homosexual" NOT, in your words, give a football club credibility?

Does "credibility" only come if you are at least one, or, perhaps, preferably none of the above?

"bi-polar homosexual"That''s what he is famous for, well wellSilly old me thought it was for numerous TV and radio appearances, books, films etc.Still, not all of us move in the same circles as yourself (pun intended) and maybe aren''t too up (again) on what other males get up to in their private lives or as bothered as you either.

Well, TFA, it would be difficult I''m sure! They wouldn''t be able to attend meetings! Ha ha. But I''d hope, in time, the increasing profile of the club would help to attract new investment. Plus, it''s not entirely strange to look overseas for different sources of revenue (increased merchandise sales etc.)I don''t profess to knowing anything about running a football club though! I''m just looking at it from the PR angle, for that''s undoubtedly what it is. A good bit of PR.

Same old story.... Little club attracts celebrity fan....... and the luvvies wet themselves about it. If bi-polar and homosexual sits comfortably with football in your opinion.... then it just shows what a wet lot sit in the stands these days.I have no issue at all regarding these matters.... but when it comes to football it has no place. It simply reinforces my opinion that the club is little more than a man in a dress these days.

I can''t see the problem Cluck.Sure, he might be those things, but you could probably ask most football fans around the country if they like Melchett and they would invariably say yes. I can''t see why a nationally liked figure would be bad for the club''s image :/

[quote user="Cluck"]Same old story.... Little club attracts celebrity fan....... and the luvvies wet themselves about it. If bi-polar and homosexual sits comfortably with football in your opinion.... then it just shows what a wet lot sit in the stands these days.I have no issue at all regarding these matters.... but when it comes to football it has no place. It simply reinforces my opinion that the club is little more than a man in a dress these days.

[/quote]you have no issue but they don''t have a place in foottball, at least try to be consistent in your bigotry

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Time was when Delia Smith was our only known celebrity. Whatever some say it is good for business to have people in the public eye wearing the colours or mentioning the team.

Outside of the glamour Clubs, how many now have our media profile as a Club?[/quote]Sycophantic bollox......I''d rather we were in the news at all than in it for all the wrong reasons. A silly old tv cook and a bi-polar homosexual are NOT what a serious football club needs in order to gain credibility.Just picture the scene had this been Ipswich.... so go ahead and bathe in the glow of your hypocrisy.[/quote]Just fuck off you ignorant cunnt.

[quote user="Cluck"]Same old story.... Little club attracts celebrity fan....... and the luvvies wet themselves about it. If bi-polar and homosexual sits comfortably with football in your opinion.... then it just shows what a wet lot sit in the stands these days.I have no issue at all regarding these matters.... but when it comes to football it has no place. It simply reinforces my opinion that the club is little more than a man in a dress these days.[/quote]Two for the price of one![img]http://amongthethugs.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/geordie-fat.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Cluck"]Same old story.... Little club attracts celebrity fan....... and the luvvies wet themselves about it. If bi-polar and homosexual sits comfortably with football in your opinion.... then it just shows what a wet lot sit in the stands these days.I have no issue at all regarding these matters.... but when it comes to football it has no place. It simply reinforces my opinion that the club is little more than a man in a dress these days.

[/quote]Sorry Cluck...have to disgree..rather have an intelligent well-liked celeb like Mr Fry be associated with our club than a bloated a**e like Eamon Holmes and similar glory hunting tw*ts!