Sign in to follow this  
Normann Canary

I just wanted to say something about Ignorance!!!

Obviously by my profile, you can see that I am black...

I was very disapointed last night to see some contraversial comments come up on a City message board (which will remain anon, as it is not a reflection of the boards beliefs I''m sure)... These comments were totally ignorant and un called for...

I''m a proud Canary, and no matter what anybody''s racial, cultural or ethnic background is, noboday has the right to question your beleifs because of this alone...!!!!!

I really am sorry that I have to post this... and I am not pointing fingers, or suggesting anything by doing so... I just want you to know It was a real shame for me... and I''m sure any other resonable person who may have seen them...

Alot of people may think I''m over reacting, but racism isn''t a joke to those who are subject to it on a regular basis (no matter what colour the victim may be)!!!!!!!!!

grimsbycanary... check yourself brother... very disapointed...

[quote]Obviously by my profile, you can see that I am black... I was very disapointed last night to see some contraversial comments come up on a City message board (which will remain anon, as it is not a re...[/quote]

Excuse my ignorance Normann, but what is it in your profile which tells us you''re black?

Your avatar?    Well mine''s a dog, but I assure you I''m not one!

Your liking for reggae?    Well I like reggae too, but I''m white.

Anyway - to anyone (like me) who doesn''t know the background, your post is rather confusing. What''s it all about?

The indication my friend is that the picture is of me... not a cartoon dog...!!! If I don''t look black... it''s a pretty good impersonation of someone who is... have you ever thought that people may put pictures of themselves up, it''s been known to happen in the year 2004...

As for the worded section of my profile, if you need me to spell it for you aswell that I am black then ok I will...

I AM BLACK!!!

You are white, that''s fine with me... if you are confused then ok... I understand... did you even read past the first paragraph mate??? Because that was the real point I was trying to get accross... I''m really not too fussed, I had a point to make, I made it, and you can make of it what you will...

You may well like reggae... but you obviously don''t have black friends... because you wouldn''t say such things... yes I''m up for laugh... that''s why I''m saying this and moving on....

Thanks for your post I''ll remember you for my xmas list...

Sorry Normann im with the fool on this. I just don''t see the point of your post. If you were racially abused or offended by someone on this message board then just name and shame the culprit and reveal what was said. Don''t beat around the bush talking in riddles! 

If, as i suspect, it was on a different message board then i fail to see your reason for posting your complaint on here. The way this board is moderated i''d be very surprised if offending material was allowed to be posted.

Of course it wasn''t on this one, it''s moderated...

if you check my first post... the person is named, as for the reason why i posted it on here, and for what point... was because I like posting on this board... and If something is on my mind... I''d prefer to speak it here too... but I also know that many people on this board, post on others...but this board is more open for discussion... Get it said and move on...

I''m not trying to make enemies here... and I appreciate your response...

As for my point... was partly in hope that the person in question might see this post here aswell

It is my right to open a topic, as it is your right to dispute it''s relevance... that''s democracy...

kool

[quote]Sorry Normann im with the fool on this. I just don''t see the point of your post. If you were racially abused or offended by someone on this message board then just name and shame the culprit and revea...[/quote]

I think FatBoy Slimfast is right.  If it was on another board, why advertise it on here?

"you obviously don''t have black friends... because you wouldn''t say such things"

Would you like to explain what you mean by that, Normann? Say what things?

Ok people, forget it...

I''ve posted enough replies in explanations... if you still cant understand my reasoning, then I''m sorry... but i can''t help you cos I''ve got no more to say... I''ll just stick to the comedy routines... and we''ll all be happy...

I value peoples opinions... so thankyou... I''m new here and obviously there are things you post and things you don''t, sometimes people will understand you, sometimes they wont... life

ONWARD NORWICH CITY!!

Needless to say... I''d do it again

I wasn''t going to say anything more but I will...

Obviously, your signature is incorrect, because you are very cynical, that much I can judge from your first post...

As for "what things", your whole take in your first post... my message was clear... but obviously my point perhaps was not... but if I say I''m black, I''m black... it''s not too hard to figure out is it??? Especially when there''s a picture of a black man staring at you... Why question it? That is the first thing you wouldn''t have said had you black freinds... because close contact with black people would no doubt have introduced you into the sensetivities that we sometimes have about certain situations... like this one!

Black people that grew up in a white country... have perceptions that you could not even fathom, on reading peoples reactions towards them, unless ofcourse.. you grew up in a black country...??? but if you had... then you wouldn''t have been so "cynical"...

Thankyou for your response, I hope this has been helpful for you to understand...

from one sacastic bas*t*rd to another... cheerio

I get what your sayin Normann!! there was nothing unclear about your first message and I personally don''t see anything wrong with your post!!

You are right this is a board to discuss Norwich topics and I think that the ''ignorance'' as you put it, of other canary fans on another board is a Norwich issue!!!

In my opinion if people have to stoop to bigotry then they are not worth discussing anthing with!!!

Your opinions are most welcome fella!!

OTBC!!!!