Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

lambert

not liking the diamond in midfield though this season... too easily pushed out of shape. It only takes one man to be out of position and there is a free run. NO questioning it is good going forward and we have the players to make it look very attractive, but still very suspect when defending as it can leave us hopelessly streched

[quote user="Largey"]not liking the diamond in midfield though this season... too easily pushed out of shape. It only takes one man to be out of position and there is a free run. NO questioning it is good going forward and we have the players to make it look very attractive, but still very suspect when defending as it can leave us hopelessly streched[/quote]

We said much the same about the diamond today, sometimes it just doesn''t work, and I think teams have sussed us out and found our weak areas, and any team worth their salt will take full advantage.

I think the diamond works better away from home than it does at Carrow Road. Such a wide open ground and away teams exploit the space on the break.

We hada good result today and delighted with performances of Ward, Ruddy and Crofts especially but our defence did get carved open once or twice and if it wasnt for Ward''s great blocks we would have lost.

completely agree banana! Definitely cant sit back and soak up pressure at home, but then you cant be reckless either. I think it looks great, but perhaps needs to be slightly amended to the new continental way and have two holding midfielders??

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Largey"]not liking the diamond in midfield though this season... too easily pushed out of shape. It only takes one man to be out of position and there is a free run. NO questioning it is good going forward and we have the players to make it look very attractive, but still very suspect when defending as it can leave us hopelessly streched[/quote]

We said much the same about the diamond today, sometimes it just doesn''t work, and I think teams have sussed us out and found our weak areas, and any team worth their salt will take full advantage.

[/quote]But Lambert can adapt bloody quick mate.

As others have said Swansea can control the ball very well and they are wonderful passers. Our diamond seemed a bit stretched int he 1st half and while it makes sense to push forward at home, we were lucky to end the 1st half at 0-0.  Well disciplined teams, of which there were far fewer in L1, will eat us up.