Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

We need another option Lambo!

This is not a criticism - we won today, somehow. With Holt and Hooly not really firing, it''s a great sign that we can bring on two players who both change the game in our favour (once ruddy had done his stuff of course).

But i think everyone would agree that we need to be able to change the midfield shape when the space in front of our full backs is getting exploited by the opposition. Surely with all the midfield talent we have at our disposal we can come up with a four or even five man midfield that works? I guess Lambert is keen to stick with what the players are used to, which is the diamond or 4-3-3 in the closing stages which we used to good effect last year when we needed a late goal.

In fact, it''s hard to argue against it when it worked so often last season and again today. But you have to imagine that in this league we''re more likely to be punished down the wings than last year.

There are so many options, but just as a starter:

Hughes----Korey----Crofts-----Surman/Mac

-----------------Hooly-----------------

--------------------Holt/Martin--------

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]With our squad we have a shed load of options and a manager not afraid to use them.[/quote]

We won the game....but I felt that a change should have came earlier in the game...

[quote user="city till i die"]smith crofts

mcnamee hooahan surman

holt martin[/quote]

So you would have 3 at the back - fantastic decision