Sign in to follow this  
Daz

Michael Nelson

Can''t see another thread mentioning it, but just been listening to Canary Call from today on BBC I Player.Michael Nelson left the ground on Crutches and his a doubt for Carling Cup game Tuesday night.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Askou is more than capable of relacing him [y][/quote]Indeed, great that he has made hsi way back into Lambert''s plans, especially considering he didn''t go to Germany, and played the games against Lynn FC and Norwich United during Pre-Season.

[quote user="Daz"]Can''t see another thread mentioning it, but just been listening to Canary Call from today on BBC I Player.Michael Nelson left the ground on Crutches and his a doubt for Carling Cup game Tuesday night.[/quote]Pity, I''d rather keep a consistent defence. I think they are starting to gel quite well, and thought Nelsinho had a decent game today.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Askou is more than capable of relacing him [y][/quote]
He''ll have to go some to top Nelson''s performances in the last two games.
[/quote]

Agree nelson has been brilliant, but Askou is a quality player and is capable of stepping up to the mark [y]

I want to see some changes for Blackburn anyway. This is a game for 4-4-2 with more cover for the full backs and to give a chance to the fringe players. I think if we play the likes of Macnamee and Jackson it gives them a chance to show us what they can do and perhaps force their way into the team.

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]Whats the link to Canary Call on I Player ?Cheers.[/quote]Here''s the linkhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p009dlpn/p009dlq1/Saturday_Sports_Hour_21_08_2010/Don''t know who the guy is in the picture when you open the link, but its Radio Norfolk from today, 5pm-6pm, all of Canary Call, Interviews with Ruddy, Jackson, Lambert and more.Enjoy  [:)]

[quote user="Daz"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Askou is more than capable of relacing him [y][/quote]

Indeed, great that he has made hsi way back into Lambert''s plans, especially considering he didn''t go to Germany, and played the games against Lynn FC and Norwich United during Pre-Season.
[/quote]

Yes and no, he missed the tour because his wife was expecting (and gave birth to) a baby!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Ah well, if you wanted a 1st team regular to miss a game then it would be a League cup 2nd round match that we''ll probably not win![/quote]Totally Agree (still hope we can win but they are high hopes)

I don''t care if he misses Blackburn.

Need him back for Forest though. He''s proving everyone wrong, and the partnership with Ward looks sound.

Ward''s getting better and better as well.

[quote user="AJ"]

[quote user="Daz"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Askou is more than capable of relacing him [y][/quote]Indeed, great that he has made hsi way back into Lambert''s plans, especially considering he didn''t go to Germany, and played the games against Lynn FC and Norwich United during Pre-Season.[/quote]

Yes and no, he missed the tour because his wife was expecting (and gave birth to) a baby!

[/quote]Apologies, didn''t realise that, still a top effort to be in first team contention, even after missing the tour for Personal reasons.Hope he has a good game Tuesday if he plays.

Be interesting to see if Zak Whitbread can make a sudden return to fitness as well, especially if Nelson was to be out for a little while.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Askou is more than capable of relacing him [y][/quote]He''ll have to go some to top Nelson''s performances in the last two games.[/quote]

Agree nelson has been brilliant, but Askou is a quality player and is capable of stepping up to the mark [y]

[/quote]Askou isn''t a quality player, in my opinion.  He is League One standard at best, he''ll get turned constantly because he did last season, and his distribution is shocking.