Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Chris Martin.....

Is he going to become out best player over the next few years?

He is strong, has a fair bit of pace, puts in 100%, can pass, can shoot and can dribble, also can take a decent free-kick..

There is obviously still a slight attitude problem, shown today by the Yellow card for decent (after we won the free-kick :P)....

Chris Martin is going to get better and better, i reckon we have a real gem of a player, soon to be a NCFC legend :D

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Is he going to become out best player over the next few years?

He is strong, has a fair bit of pace, puts in 100%, can pass, can shoot and can dribble, also can take a decent free-kick..

There is obviously still a slight attitude problem, shown today by the Yellow card for decent (after we won the free-kick :P)....

Chris Martin is going to get better and better, i reckon we have a real gem of a player, soon to be a NCFC legend :D[/quote]Soon to be sold to a club like Wigan and just rot there as a sub :/

I am very impressed with the current generation coming through. The last batch didn''t cut it with the exception of Shackell. The Jarvis boys, Henderson, Crow just weren''t up to much. Not only Martin but also Korey and Rudd look like they can do well for us. I just hope we keep hold of all of them. I was surprised we let Spillane go to be honest.

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]I am very impressed with the current generation coming through. The last batch didn''t cut it with the exception of Shackell. The Jarvis boys, Henderson, Crow just weren''t up to much. Not only Martin but also Korey and Rudd look like they can do well for us. I just hope we keep hold of all of them. I was surprised we let Spillane go to be honest.[/quote]

Spillane is more in the ability bracket of the Jarvis boys and Henderson etc than he is Martin, Smith and Rudd, hence why he has gone.

[quote user="NCFC-47"]Francomb looks very promising aswell and Adeyemi
[/quote]And Kozza. [Y]

Since the day he burst on to the scene several seasons ago I have felt that Chris Martin has looked to be the best all round footballer we have produced since Chris Sutton.  He has a lot of ability and his awareness/football brain looks to be pretty good.  He also appears to have got his act together off the pitch in the last couple of years too.

I really hopes he proves me right and either goes on to be a top player for City over the coming years or gets sold on for a big money move.  He could still go the wrong way yet though but Lambert could be the manager he needs to take him to the next level.

If he ends up playing League 1 or 2 football for the large part of his career it won''t be down to lack of ability.................