Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

No mention of TWO clean sheets...

We have been very quick in pre season and the first two games of the season to be VERY critical of our back four.  But i think credit should go to them in the past two games, a clean sheet away from home and a clean sheet yesterday against a side who scored four the previous weekend.We (myself included) have jumped all over the concerns of the defence, but with all the negatives regarding certain players in the last 12 hours, i think credit should go to the back four and Norwich City.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]We have been very quick in pre season and the first two games of the season to be VERY critical of our back four.  But i think credit should go to them in the past two games, a clean sheet away from home and a clean sheet yesterday against a side who scored four the previous weekend.We (myself included) have jumped all over the concerns of the defence, but with all the negatives regarding certain players in the last 12 hours, i think credit should go to the back four and Norwich City.[/quote]Absolutly!!!totally agree, the defence against Scunny and Swansea was super I thought, great effort and good to see the job through.Sent a text to Radio Snorefolk after the game praising the two clean sheets, and they read it out.Russy is improving game by game also.

I tend to agree, but God knows how Swansea scored 4 last week (they looked clueless in front of goal) & the way they drifted into our penalty area was terrifying. Last ditch blocking & tackling saved the day though.I didn''t like the way Drury kept being done for pace. I thought Martin was the better of the full backs testerday - something I never thought I''d say.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
I tend to agree, but God knows how Swansea scored 4 last week (they looked clueless in front of goal) & the way they drifted into our penalty area was terrifying. Last ditch blocking & tackling saved the day though.
I didn''t like the way Drury kept being done for pace. I thought Martin was the better of the full backs testerday - something I never thought I''d say.

[/quote]

I would have said the same, drury is consistantly better [y], but with smith and martin almost double teaming the swansea defence compared to just drury they should cope better. Surman is clearly not a defensive type of player and drury will be used to having to deal with defending on his own sa he used to do the same when hux played.

[quote user="Daz"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]We have been very quick in pre season and the first two games of the season to be VERY critical of our back four.  But i think credit should go to them in the past two games, a clean sheet away from home and a clean sheet yesterday against a side who scored four the previous weekend.
We (myself included) have jumped all over the concerns of the defence, but with all the negatives regarding certain players in the last 12 hours, i think credit should go to the back four and Norwich City.
[/quote]

Absolutly!!!

totally agree, the defence against Scunny and Swansea was super I thought, great effort and good to see the job through.

Sent a text to Radio Snorefolk after the game praising the two clean sheets, and they read it out.

Russy is improving game by game also.
[/quote]

I agree, especially as our defence doesn''t really have much speed, and/or Championship experience (accept from Drury), they have done well to get 2 clean sheets.

Mind you, our defence will be put to the test away at Notts Forest next week!