Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Late goals.

It''s nice to see we are keeping up the habit of scoring late goals, which began last season.

Two league games in a row have produced points this way and we score late against Watford.

There must be a reason for this, as it has become habitual and I don''t remember it much in the past. It cannot just be down to just fitness, confidence or a never-say-die attitude. There is a secret ingredient there somewhere.

Good substitutions have helped as well as a certain quality of play which eventually causes opponents to capitulate.

I cannot attend much, but has this led to a decrease in the early leavers who are usually more interested in avoiding traffic hold-ups than hearing the final whistle, thus being a bit of a nuisance during the last five minutes?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I cannot attend much, but has this led to a decrease in the early leavers who are usually more interested in avoiding traffic hold-ups than hearing the final whistle, thus being a bit of a nuisance during the last five minutes?[/quote]Not where I am - a father and son in the row in front left on 78 minutes and so missed everything. Can''t understand it.

[quote user="s10_yellow"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]I cannot attend much, but has this led to a decrease in the early leavers who are usually more interested in avoiding traffic hold-ups than hearing the final whistle, thus being a bit of a nuisance during the last five minutes?[/quote]

Not where I am - a father and son in the row in front left on 78 minutes and so missed everything. Can''t understand it.
[/quote]

People never learn, they always leave early. What annoys me more is when people who barely come arrive late, leave early before half time, come back in late after half time, leave before the end. If you want to drink go to the pub foools.

[quote user="G"]

[quote user="s10_yellow"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]I cannot attend much, but has this led to a decrease in the early leavers who are usually more interested in avoiding traffic hold-ups than hearing the final whistle, thus being a bit of a nuisance during the last five minutes?[/quote]

Not where I am - a father and son in the row in front left on 78 minutes and so missed everything. Can''t understand it.
[/quote]

People never learn, they always leave early. What annoys me more is when people who barely come arrive late, leave early before half time, come back in late after half time, leave before the end. If you want to drink go to the pub foools.

[/quote]

They only see 60 mins of the match - and its always the people who sit in the middle of the row and its annos everyone at the end who have to get up early!

Back to the point about our new-found ability to snatch points in the final minutes. It happened a lot last season and probably Martin''s winner against Leeds was the most memorable.

How can it be explained? It has become a phenomona.

I streamed the match for the first time yesterday. Unfortunately I was streaming Carling Black Label at the same time. I remember fuzzily thinking that, although Swansea were having the better possession, they never looked like scoring. I had a conviction that we would.

It was only reading the newspapers today that I realised how late we left it.

More fool the early leavers these days. 

In my view, the late goals are due to the willingness of the manager to take risks with his late substitutions and changes of formation, coupled with supreme fitness, whereas other managers are happy to hold on to a point. Turning draws into wins is what will see us do well in this league, as we appear to be experts at it.  [<:o)]

Sign of a good team, or so they say!

Personally i think it is a sign of Fitness and Desire. So many games fizzle out in the last ten minutes and end 0-0, 1-1 Etc. Both sides willing to take a settle for a draw.

Our home games are crucial this season, there wont be an easy away days. Every point we pick up at home is massive, every point we pick up away from home is a bonus!