Sign in to follow this  
Superstitious Dave

Who's knocking john now!!!

Told you all he is a quality keeper just needed time to settle in!! commanded area well yesterday brilliant stop for the one on one. If the defence had a bit of pace john wouldnt of had to come racing out plus it wasnt a penalty anyway according to people sitting in the barclay! Anyway what a save, you wont see many better penalty saves all season, i celebrated it like a goal!! I bet some of you chanting his name were slating him on here just a couple of weeks ago, funny game aint it!!

Also what a goal by jacko i think he could push holt and martin for their places which is what we want!!

I like that if a goalkeeper gives away a penalty, and then saves it, he becomes an instant hero.If I set fire to your house, and then put the blaze out before any damage was done, would I be a hero too?

Anyone sat in the Barclay claiming it wasn''t a penalty either wasn''t watching, or the Yellow tinted glasses are so tinted they couldn''t see through them at all.

I sit in block B so was dead in line behind when it happened, Ruddy took him out big time, the yellow card was a correct decision because the Swansea player had taken it away from goal.

Everything else you''ve said I agree with though.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I like that if a goalkeeper gives away a penalty, and then saves it, he becomes an instant hero.

If I set fire to your house, and then put the blaze out before any damage was done, would I be a hero too?

[/quote]

perhaps he should have stayed on his line when the player burst through and politely ushered the ball into the net ? [:D]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I like that if a goalkeeper gives away a penalty, and then saves it, he becomes an instant hero.

If I set fire to your house, and then put the blaze out before any damage was done, would I be a hero too?

[/quote]

Obviously not brains because that would be arson wouldnt it and what on earth has that got to do with football may i ask?? and before you answer its the same concept no it isnt! You obviously aint a fan of john because you''re always moaning. Still got fraser forster stuck over your head have you?

[quote user="Olski_yellows"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I like that if a goalkeeper gives away a penalty, and then saves it, he becomes an instant hero.If I set fire to your house, and then put the blaze out before any damage was done, would I be a hero too?[/quote]

Obviously not brains because that would be arson wouldnt it and what on earth has that got to do with football may i ask?? and before you answer its the same concept no it isnt! You obviously aint a fan of john because you''re always moaning. Still got fraser forster stuck over your head have you?

[/quote]I''m over Fraser. I don''t think he''s over me though.Ruddy didn''t need to concede the penalty, but his save was extremely good and deserves praise.  However, had he not saved it, I think his judgement in conceding it would have been under greater scrutiny than it is today.

[/quote]

Stupid opinion!

The penalty was caused by the attacker completely outpacing the slow Russell Martin forcing Ruddy to come out. Keepers are in a no win situation then and we were lucky that Ruddy wasn''t sent off!

Ruddy wasn''t that poor in the Watford home game either, he was let down by the poor defence in that one. Thankfully the defence has got better!

[quote user="Olski_yellows"]

Told you all he is a quality keeper just needed time to settle in!! commanded area well yesterday brilliant stop for the one on one. If the defence had a bit of pace john wouldnt of had to come racing out plus it wasnt a penalty anyway according to people sitting in the barclay! Anyway what a save, you wont see many better penalty saves all season, i celebrated it like a goal!! I bet some of you chanting his name were slating him on here just a couple of weeks ago, funny game aint it!!

Also what a goal by jacko i think he could push holt and martin for their places which is what we want!!

[/quote]

People were wrong to pan him over one poor game and a pre-season friendly.  In the same way it''s wrong to now place the boy on a pedastal.  Players prove their worth over seasons not 4 matches.

We have seen the best and worst of Ruddy already and lets hope he is settling in and we continue to see more of his best.  Make no mistake though, he will drop a few clangers, every keeper does but getting on his back will help no-one.  My dad maintains that Kevin Keelan is the best keeper he has ever seen at Carrow Road, he is also says that when he first watched Keelan he had some real howlers! 

The good thing for me though is that Ruddy has had a difficult start yet he seems to shrugged it off and is improving game by game.  For that he deserves plenty of credit!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I like that if a goalkeeper gives away a penalty, and then saves it, he becomes an instant hero.If I set fire to your house, and then put the blaze out before any damage was done, would I be a hero too?[/quote]

Stupid opinion!

The penalty was caused by the attacker completely outpacing the slow Russell Martin forcing Ruddy to come out. Keepers are in a no win situation then and we were lucky that Ruddy wasn''t sent off!

[/quote]

Isn''t the "win" situation that he takes the ball and not the man?

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Stupid opinion!

Ruddy wasn''t that poor in the Watford home game either, he was let down by the poor defence in that one. Thankfully the defence has got better!

[/quote]

How were we ? [:S] The attacker was heading away from goal so it was always going to be a yellow card unless D''Urso was the ref.

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

Stupid opinion!

[/quote]

How were we ? [:S] The attacker was heading away from goal so it was always going to be a yellow card unless D''Urso was the ref.

[/quote]

I agree, he quite rightly stayed on the pitch because there was no way Sinclair was getting to the ball, therefore the was no denial of a clear scoring opportunity.

i have seen it on more than one once and it was a penalty and ruddy would have walked if sinclair had yhe ball under control but it was a very good save

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I like that if a goalkeeper gives away a penalty, and then saves it, he becomes an instant hero.If I set fire to your house, and then put the blaze out before any damage was done, would I be a hero too?[/quote]No you would be the c*** that tried burning down my house

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Stupid opinion!

[/quote]

Isn''t the "win" situation that he takes the ball and not the man?[/quote]Why cant we just give Ruddy credit for the save? I bet if FF had done what J.R did with the penalty you''d have praised him for the save and pretty much forgotten about the build up incident.

[quote user="CT"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Stupid opinion!

[/quote]

Isn''t the "win" situation that he takes the ball and not the man?[/quote]Why cant we just give Ruddy credit for the save? I bet if FF had done what J.R did with the penalty you''d have praised him for the save and pretty much forgotten about the build up incident.

[/quote]He gave away the penalty and then redeemed himself with a great save.  It''s hardly a controversial view, is it?Who''s FF?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I like that if a goalkeeper gives away a penalty, and then saves it, he becomes an instant hero.If I set fire to your house, and then put the blaze out before any damage was done, would I be a hero too?[/quote]No you would be the c*** that tried burning down my house[/quote] [:D]