Sign in to follow this  
wrathsajoke

hoolahan

was he on the pitch yesterday? can anyone remember anything he did? ive said it before-i just dont get it with him-very over rated by many on here.wish he would just leave

You can''t expect him to shine every week, he was the dogs bollocks vs Scunthorpe, just an off day yesterday, luckily we had other players to win us the game.

I couldn''t really be sure, because of the quality of the stream, but it looked like Hooly & Surman were combining really well to start with & set up some good opportunities which, unfortunately, Holt & Martin didn''t capitalise on. It was clever stuff & on another day would have produced a goal or two. Surman has real class & I expect him to improve as the season progresses.I don''t think Wes gets much protection from the refs. They seem to give repeated clumsy tackling by the opposition the benefit of the doubt. Probably think he''s too clever by half. He had one really good run in the second half, resulting in a Swansea defender grabbing him & throwing him to the floor, which seems to be standard practice.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I''d have to disagree there, he''s our best player imo
[/quote]

[:|][8-)]

You actually think he is our best player?

Who else can create something out of nothing?

Chris Martin maybe.....But Hoolahan is the player who does that the most, and ONE poor performance, does not make him a bad player

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Who else can create something out of nothing? Chris Martin maybe.....But Hoolahan is the player who does that the most, and ONE poor performance, does not make him a bad player[/quote]

I agree that he can create something out of nothing, but so can Surman, C Martin, Lappin etc.

Also, he isn''t good enough for this level, but I hope he proves me wrong.

Every time I read a thread like this I picture the moron country bumpkin types that phone into Canary Call "halooo Neil, I wasn''t at the game today but I thought Hoolahan wuz rubbish"

And do we really need another thread about this?

Every time I read a thread like this I picture the moron country bumpkin types that phone into Canary Call "halooo Neil, I wasn''t at the game today but I thought Hoolahan wuz rubbish" And do we really need another thread about this?

I see what you mean!

Hoolahans a great player on his day but yesterday he was poor. It never ceases to amaze me how many fans think that players should be like robots and never make mistakes. Its not going to happen!

youve got to have a brain to appreciate hoolahans work rate, so much more to him than a luxury player, often the only player running through ahead of the strikers and he works very hard tracking back. this is the same sort of s@@t posts that used to say huckerby should be dropped because he cant defend, grow a cell and use it

[quote user="barclayboys"]youve got to have a brain to appreciate hoolahans work rate, so much more to him than a luxury player, often the only player running through ahead of the strikers and he works very hard tracking back. this is the same sort of s@@t posts that used to say huckerby should be dropped because he cant defend, grow a cell and use it[/quote]

Yesterday he did work very hard, but after watching him against Watford and Swansea, he''s not Championship standard.

Then you need to attend some away games because he was untouchable

at Scunthorpe. If Hoolahan isn''t Championship standard, then none of

our team are!

[quote user="ellis206"]
Then you need to attend some away games because he was untouchable at Scunthorpe. If Hoolahan isn''t Championship standard, then none of our team are![/quote]

Fair enough he played well against Scunthorpe, but they are probably the worst team in this division.

Again, people slating a player after one bad game. I thought he was okay against Watford and agree he had a bad game yesterday.

However, what other player do we have who is seemingly capable of producing something from nothing?

He needs to work on his final ball at times and not doing silly things in stupid areas, but I am sure he and Lambert know that. Lambert brought him off at the right time and made a positive sub with Jackson.

Dont forget last season - 14 goals, numerous assists. He can do it in the Championship I am sure.

As for the O/P saying was he playing yesterday, well I don''t think he was actually ''quiet.'' He still got the ball and wanted it alot and looked busy, just let himself down with stray passes.

I saw him make 2 hideous passes back to put our defence under pressure and also lose the ball once to many times.That said to sum him up , my gf asked me at about 70 mins " Whos that little number 14 ? He only has one speed and its flat out sprint, hes everywhere ! "She also lost her football virginity yesterday as she had never been to a live football match before in her life :)Was great to watch the change  from the "Oh why do we need to stand up ??" at the start when the players came out, to her out of her seat at the Ruddy Peno save before me !! :)Back on topic though,Wes had a shocker yesterday but will make up for it in due course.Hes a class player, not to compare him with someone like Rooney but, just look how poor Rooney was in the World Cup. Even the best have bad games !