Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Ruddy marvellous !!

super John Ruddy, hopefully now people can start to forget about Forster.  Great save, changes the game and then bang, 1-0 get in!!!!

RUDDY RUDDY RUDDY RUDDY!ENGERRRLANDD ENGERRLANN!COME ON CITY!! [:D] Lovely finish from Jackson!

Saw the slow-mo replay, definite save onto the post, fantastic stuff! Ward MOM for me, simply brilliant today.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Did he save it or did it hit the post? The Norwegian commentator is a bit hard to read [;)]
[/quote]

Pushed it onto the post, brilliant save because it wasn''t a bad penalty either!

[quote user="AJ"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Did he save it or did it hit the post? The Norwegian commentator is a bit hard to read [;)][/quote]

Pushed it onto the post, brilliant save because it wasn''t a bad penalty either!

[/quote]Definitely, I think my stream lagged as the replay was on so missed it. I thought it had gone straight onto the post so Ruddy must have put in one hell of a dive to reach it!

Great that he''s produced a memorable performance early in his Norwich career.  Hopefully he''ll be able to push on from strength to strength now!

[quote user="Squire"]Agreed, but should he have been sent off for conceding the pen as last man?[/quote]That was my first thought. The only defence is that Sinclair hit it too far in front of him and the ball would have gone out of play, so not really a goal scoring opportunity (If Ruddy had not have fouled him)

Maybe I''m wrong... but I thought they were looking into changing the rule about keepers being sent off if they clip a player in a one-on-one - as its like punishing a team twice for one offence?

[quote user="Gibbo"]Maybe I''m wrong... but I thought they were looking into changing the rule about keepers being sent off if they clip a player in a one-on-one - as its like punishing a team twice for one offence?[/quote]I vaguely remember something about that as well. Not sure it was implemented but it was definitely discussed.

I said this as the time the penalty was given Gibbo... if there isn''t a defender nearby and the goalkeeper does make contact with the striker then surely, if a penalty is give, the keeper has to go.

Yellow card for denying a goal scoring opportunity? You either send him off or you don''t give the pen.

To be honest, I''d be quite happy to see the rule come in now, because we certainly got the good end of it :D

[quote user="Lincs CR"]I said this as the time the penalty was given Gibbo... if there isn''t a defender nearby and the goalkeeper does make contact with the striker then surely, if a penalty is give, the keeper has to go.

Yellow card for denying a goal scoring opportunity? You either send him off or you don''t give the pen.

To be honest, I''d be quite happy to see the rule come in now, because we certainly got the good end of it :D[/quote]But Id argue that its not a goal-scoring opportunity if the strikers booted the ball out of play before the foul comes in. If Ruddy had have pulled out of the tackle then the ball would have rolled harmlessly out for a goal kick.Grey area though..