Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Carrow

Kids prices....

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Keith Roads"]

Evil Monkey you and others miss the point, life is about priorities, so if you opt out of going to football its your decision alone.  For the record I quite admire people you saved their pennies and scraped together enough wonga to go, that''s life.  Your right  to blame Murdoch, I would add greedy players and agents to that.  What choice does Norwich have but to put the prices up.  I support the club on this issue becase that gives us a chance to progress as a club at long last - after years of Chase, Delia and Doncaster with their ''little Norwich mentality.

[/quote]

okay keith on a serious note and putting my own tragic circumstances aside .. how will putting up the prices help the club progress if people start thinking they can''t or won''t afford it and decide not to go ? as it seems quite a few people did yesterday..i''ve heard it said others will simply take there place but if thats the case where were they yesterday ?  3000 short of capacity ? i would say it is a fact that norwich enjoy good attendances despite some utter dross on the pitch because the pricing has been  reasonable.  take that away and we become like every other club our size with lots of empty seats.. the best way for the club to ride out the recession is to keep prices reasonable or all they will do is alienate the fans of today and the future and all the good will they have built up will go out of the window and we''ll end up like ipswich at best and coventry middlesboro at worst [:D]

[/quote]

I really dont mean to be contraversial but as I have said on other threads, put aside people coming to watch when we are top of the league and away supporters, there are now more Norwich fans watching Norwich than ever. Something does not add up. There are lots of people saying they are boycotting games but the gates on a like for like basis over the last few seasons are up. The extra seats were put in after pressure from fans claiming that 35000 would be attending. Without those extra seats and the away following of Colchester our first 2 games would have sold out. It is pointless selling out the ground at reduced prices for the same income as one sell out will net us an additional £112500 extra at an average price £25. 5 sell outs in the season will net us nearly £600000 more than selling out the ground cheaply. I also come back to my other point that our season tickets are far to cheap especially for kids. Norwich are providing cheap football to the local community. I could only afford 9 games per year without our season tickets, but for the same price as those nine games we get 23 games. You could have bought a childs season ticket for as little as £35.67. Use it seven times in the season thats £5 per game. I really am not meaning to be contraversial but the time to complain was when Doncaster was providing ridiculosly low prices to fill the ground. 20500 people receive very cheap football at Carrow Road the rest have to pay roughly the same as other clubs. As previous posters have said blame the premier league and Sky for demanding the worlds best play in English football and unfortunately then distribute the money the money almost exclusively to the upper teir of football. I am sure where ever you work if your wages and the others employed in the company increased the cost of whatever you are selling has to increase to cover those increased wages.

" but £29 season tickets cannot continue because the club is losing millions"Those prices cost the club nothing. They were no cause of the club losing money - in fact they could be said to have added money where none might have been before. It was ok to offer excessively low ticket prices when demand was lower, when there was fair few thousand empty seats. That demand has changed dramatically.Itis not viable to offer absurd ticket prices when there is a ''casual'' demand for tickets at full price. For many it was simply a means of providing cheap child minding. Previous generations would have seen Dad going to the game, with some taking the young son who was interested. The club has now marketed the game as an ''event'' something the whole family can partake of irrespective of any grasp or understanding of the game.Unfortunately a lot of the ''happy clappies'' still regard those prices as the norm and expect those prices to remain. If, as I''m sure I will be told, loads of kids do fully understand the game and appreciate everything, then they should accordingly pay the price.Previously it was one price for adults and half price for kids and OAPs. Maybe the club should look at simplifying the ticket price system. Stop the ridiculous A, B, C rated games. Put up a simple price of say £25 for adults and £12/£10 kids, no OAP discounts. If anything, then put in a sliding scale of advance purchase ie the £25 becomes £28 in the few days before the game.At the moment it appears a muddle. As someone with a reasonable knowledge of marketing and ''cross price elasticity'' (where the price moves to regulate demand and maximise profit) the club has missed out on one huge difference between what it sells and what others sell. Loyalty. There is no other provider delivering NCFC.  Except that those attending Carrow Road are only a small fraction of those that support the club.Push the price to far and, with the marketing jargon above, the fraction will simply skew the numbers more towards those not attending.

ps sorry about the techy stuff, but basically both the club and many of it''s fans need a serious rethink

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Keith Roads"]

Evil Monkey you and others miss the point, life is about priorities, so if you opt out of going to football its your decision alone.  For the record I quite admire people you saved their pennies and scraped together enough wonga to go, that''s life.  Your right  to blame Murdoch, I would add greedy players and agents to that.  What choice does Norwich have but to put the prices up.  I support the club on this issue becase that gives us a chance to progress as a club at long last - after years of Chase, Delia and Doncaster with their ''little Norwich mentality.

[/quote]

okay keith on a serious note and putting my own tragic circumstances aside .. how will putting up the prices help the club progress if people start thinking they can''t or won''t afford it and decide not to go ? as it seems quite a few people did yesterday..i''ve heard it said others will simply take there place but if thats the case where were they yesterday ?  3000 short of capacity ? i would say it is a fact that norwich enjoy good attendances despite some utter dross on the pitch because the pricing has been  reasonable.  take that away and we become like every other club our size with lots of empty seats.. the best way for the club to ride out the recession is to keep prices reasonable or all they will do is alienate the fans of today and the future and all the good will they have built up will go out of the window and we''ll end up like ipswich at best and coventry middlesboro at worst [:D]

[/quote]

I really dont mean to be contraversial but as I have said on other threads, put aside people coming to watch when we are top of the league and away supporters, there are now more Norwich fans watching Norwich than ever. Something does not add up. There are lots of people saying they are boycotting games but the gates on a like for like basis over the last few seasons are up. The extra seats were put in after pressure from fans claiming that 35000 would be attending. Without those extra seats and the away following of Colchester our first 2 games would have sold out. It is pointless selling out the ground at reduced prices for the same income as one sell out will net us an additional £112500 extra at an average price £25. 5 sell outs in the season will net us nearly £600000 more than selling out the ground cheaply. I also come back to my other point that our season tickets are far to cheap especially for kids. Norwich are providing cheap football to the local community. I could only afford 9 games per year without our season tickets, but for the same price as those nine games we get 23 games. You could have bought a childs season ticket for as little as £35.67. Use it seven times in the season thats £5 per game. I really am not meaning to be contraversial but the time to complain was when Doncaster was providing ridiculosly low prices to fill the ground. 20500 people receive very cheap football at Carrow Road the rest have to pay roughly the same as other clubs. As previous posters have said blame the premier league and Sky for demanding the worlds best play in English football and unfortunately then distribute the money the money almost exclusively to the upper teir of football. I am sure where ever you work if your wages and the others employed in the company increased the cost of whatever you are selling has to increase to cover those increased wages.

[/quote]

yes and pretty soon  we would not be selling so much of it because people would not be happy about paying the increase [:D]

[/quote]

[/quote]This is what the graduates of the Marie Antoinette School of Economics fail to realise, or don''t want to accept. No-one is arguing against the club being run stringently and  boosting revenue to try to reduce the debt (although the only thing that will really do for the debt is a new owner willing to pay it off).But if the the club gets the balance wrong on ticket prices then higher prices won''t result in higher reveneues but lower revenues, because enough fans will  have been driven away to make it counter-productive.Only the bean-crunchers at Carrow Road would know the answer to this, but an educated guesss would be that the casual ticket revenues yesterday (with an attendance 500 down on a Friday night TV game...) were less than than had been budgeted for. Not more. Or level. But less. And that does what for the debt?PS. Whatever hapened to Marie Antoinette?

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you appear to be backing up what i`ve posted several times, that some people would rather watch utter dross getting relegated for moderate prices, than pay a couple of quid more per game to back a club which is investing every penny it possibly can in a superb manager and a highly promising team?  Weird. 

I`m just surprised that a campaign to flog off our best players and replace them with non-league freebies in order to reduce ticket prices hasn`t been started yet.  The "little norwich" mentality in a nutshell and a reflection of the very outlook which sent our club to its lowest level in 50 years with "dire" finances according to our CE.

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you appear to be backing up what i`ve posted several times, that some people would rather watch utter dross getting relegated for moderate prices, than pay a couple of quid more per game to back a club which is investing every penny it possibly can in a superb manager and a highly promising team?  Weird. 

I`m just surprised that a campaign to flog off our best players and replace them with non-league freebies in order to reduce ticket prices hasn`t been started yet.  The "little norwich" mentality in a nutshell and a reflection of the very outlook which sent our club to its lowest level in 50 years with "dire" finances according to our CE.

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Keith Roads"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yes and pretty soon  we would not be selling so much of it because people would not be happy about paying the increase [:D]

[/quote]

Agreed but we arent selling less we are selling more. If we reduce the prices down to where they were I think I am right in saying that we would need crowds of 27200 ish for the same revenue s we are getting for around 24000. I dont think we will sell that many unless we are top of the championship or in the premiership and then the prices will be hoiked again as the demand will outweigh the number of seats. In the mean time it was folly to pay several hundred thousand to increase the number of seats when we could have increased season ticket prices slightly reduced casual tickets and filled the ground obtaining a higher income. For our four season tickets we pay £956. At the prices you have quoted for the same 23 games ( 2 adults 2 kids at £20 and £31 + £1.50 ) you would watch 9.23 games compared to our 23. We pay 3/4 per month as you do for 1 game although we pay a couple of payments in the close season. There are months when we watch 4 games for under £80 ( £20 each per game for 4 people ). Topped with the fact that our season tickets are not in the cheapest part of the ground I will say again I agree that casual prices are to much but season tickets are to little. Those extra seats will possibly mean the sale of one of our star players as they still need to be paid for, and reducing the prices to fill them will not generate enough income to pay for them. We need to get the same gates as we are getting plus 5 sell outs, you would think 2 are garunteed Ipswich and Leeds.    

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Keith Roads"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i agree with the person that said £29 for a kids season ticket is way  too cheap if thats what they cost? i really  had no idea..but at the end of the day £20 is too much for a 12 year old (not under 12 like your mates daughter ) casual supporter.. no matter where the money is invested..if you think its reasonable and the way forward good luck to you but i''ll be stick to lower grade games unless it changes.. my choice, my perogative , my money  [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "]i agree with the person that said £29 for a kids season ticket is way  too cheap if thats what they cost?[/quote]The cheapest season ticket is £59.50 for under-12s in the family area. If paid early, that reduces to £48 or even to £36.50. There is no £29 season ticket, although plainly £36.50 is not much more.

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Keith Roads"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i agree with the person that said £29 for a kids season ticket is way  too cheap if thats what they cost? i really  had no idea..but at the end of the day £20 is too much for a 12 year old (not under 12 like your mates daughter ) casual supporter.. no matter where the money is invested..if you think its reasonable and the way forward good luck to you but i''ll be stick to lower grade games unless it changes.. my choice, my perogative , my money  [:D]

[/quote]

Fair enough, i understand it must be quite a shock going from the pretty reasonable under-12`s prices to a big jump with 12+.  Personally, i view ncfc pretty much as a charity case (which is why i bought shares, bricks in the Jarrold and foisted unwanted merchandise on my relations!), with one very strict caveat- that i am convinced that the club are doing their utmost to give supporters the very best team we can possibly manage on the pitch instead of the egotistical empire building we saw under Chase and Doncaster.  I am convinced that the new board members have got the club focussed on the football team again, and that, to me, is well worth a few quid more here or there.

I do just wonder, if we have a good season and somehow scrape the play-offs or have a cup run, how many names on these threads are going to reappear moaning that they can`t get tickets.....