Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Carrow

Kids prices....

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Just sent my mate a text to clear it up.  Probably paid a tenner- had a few sherbets yesterday so memory`s a bit hazy!  One thing for sure is it wasn`t the £20 being bullsh*tted about on the other thread.

Thanks for the link Graham.  Shows what i`ve been saying on other threads is correct- that members can get in for £27 for a grade A game, not the £31/£32 people keep quoting.

[/quote]

what are you the bloody ticket office manager or something? if  you are then i sugest you brief your staff on what the prices are when fans ring up ..for the last time i rang up friday and was quoted £20 for my 12 year old son or as the lady put it a bit cheaper £19 with a restricted veiw .. now that was the information i was given by the ticket office on friday morning and i based my decision not to go on the price quoted..i asked if they had anything cheaper she said no..now i''m sorry if this upsets you but i swear on my sons life that is the truth .. get over it .. and i am a supermember  and was quoted £29 + a £1.50  booking fee..you seem to have gone to a lot of trouble to prove i am some sort of liar ? why don''t you ring up the ticket office and ask to listen to the training puposes recording...i''m beggining to think you are working on this message board on behalf of the club ? why else does it upset you so much IDIOT

[/quote]

And i swear on my life that my mate payed nothing like £20 to take his daughter in the Jarrold.  I assume he paid a tenner (was a bit hammered when i spoke to him last night) but i`m awaiting a text to confirm that.  It could well be that those cheaper tickets were sold out when you phoned up so calm down [:P] 

I have no problem with people not liking the price increases.  I do have a problem with people misrepresenting them by implying that £20 was the cheapest kids ticket for yesterday or the cheapest adult ticket was £31/£32 as some have done.  That is simply wrong and the sort of behaviour i`d expect of a scummer trying to make trouble on here.

The link provided shows that "A" games are £27 for members, so i haven`t got a clue why people were being quoted £29 for yesterday- maybe some of the ticket office staff don`t understand the pricing structure either?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Just sent my mate a text to clear it up.  Probably paid a tenner- had a few sherbets yesterday so memory`s a bit hazy!  One thing for sure is it wasn`t the £20 being bullsh*tted about on the other thread.

Thanks for the link Graham.  Shows what i`ve been saying on other threads is correct- that members can get in for £27 for a grade A game, not the £31/£32 people keep quoting.

[/quote]

what are you the bloody ticket office manager or something? if  you are then i sugest you brief your staff on what the prices are when fans ring up ..for the last time i rang up friday and was quoted £20 for my 12 year old son or as the lady put it a bit cheaper £19 with a restricted veiw .. now that was the information i was given by the ticket office on friday morning and i based my decision not to go on the price quoted..i asked if they had anything cheaper she said no..now i''m sorry if this upsets you but i swear on my sons life that is the truth .. get over it .. and i am a supermember  and was quoted £29 + a £1.50  booking fee..you seem to have gone to a lot of trouble to prove i am some sort of liar ? why don''t you ring up the ticket office and ask to listen to the training puposes recording...i''m beggining to think you are working on this message board on behalf of the club ? why else does it upset you so much IDIOT

[/quote]

And i swear on my life that my mate payed nothing like £20 to take his daughter in the Jarrold.  I assume he paid a tenner (was a bit hammered when i spoke to him last night) but i`m awaiting a text to confirm that.  It could well be that those cheaper tickets were sold out when you phoned up so calm down [:P] 

I have no problem with people not liking the price increases.  I do have a problem with people misrepresenting them by implying that £20 was the cheapest kids ticket for yesterday or the cheapest adult ticket was £31/£32 as some have done.  That is simply wrong and the sort of behaviour i`d expect of a scummer trying to make trouble on here.

The link provided shows that "A" games are £27 for members, so i haven`t got a clue why people were being quoted £29 for yesterday- maybe some of the ticket office staff don`t understand the pricing structure either?

[/quote]

if you look on grahams link you will see that a grade A game for an under 16 non member is £20 or £19 for a restricted veiw(as the lady described  what was available)..a 12 year old counts as an under 16 in the clubs pricing structure not an under 12 so hence £20 that was being bullsh1tted on another thread as you put it is actually correct i won''t hold my breath for an apology  [:D]

I hope this clears things up:Casual Match Prices 2010-11

Grade A+Members match prices are from £29 for

adults, £24 for over-60s, £18 for under-16s and £10 for under-12s.

Season ticket holders and non-members match prices are from £31 for

adults, £26 for over-60s, £20 for under-16s and £12 for under-12s.

Grade AMembers match prices are from £27 for

adults, £22 for over-60s, £17 for under-16s and £10 for under-12s.

Season ticket holders and non-members match prices are from £29 for

adults, £24 for over-60s, £19 for under-16s and £12 for under-12s.

Grade BMembers match prices are from £24 for

adults, £20 for over-60s, £15 for under-16s and £10 for under-12s.

Season ticket holders and non-members match prices are from £26 for

adults, £22 for over-60s, £17 for under-16s and £12 for under-12s.

Grade CMembers match prices are from £21 for

adults, £18 for over-60s, £10 for under-16s and £1 for under-12s. Season

ticket holders and non-members match prices are from £23 for adults,

£20 for over-60s, £12 for under-16s and £1 for under-12s.Grade DMembers

match prices are from £10 for adults, £6 for over-60s, £1 for

under-16s. Season ticket holders and non-members match prices are from

£11 for adults, £7 for over-60s, £1 for under-16s.

I am happy to apologise if you got upset, but you took a general comment personally- i never said that you lied/bullsh*tted/whatever but some people have posted stuff which is simply wrong.  If you haven`t then you`ve got nothing to be upset about!  But as i`ve already said, that link states that an A game is £27 for members so either that is wrong, the ticket staff are getting it wrong or members are failing to insist on getting their two quid reduction.  I`ve lost count of the posts i`ve read saying "There`s no way i`m paying £31/£32 for a ticket" and imo this kind of bizarre misinformation is a case of supporters harming the fortunes of their own club.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Ok as i have said earlier i am a member and i paid £29 for the upper barclay for yesterday plus a £1.50 booking fee so these prices are not adding up. I would presume the prices were from £27 for the cheapest area but there prob wasn''t any of those left.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I am happy to apologise if you got upset, but you took a general comment personally- i never said that you lied/bullsh*tted/whatever but some people have posted stuff which is simply wrong.  If you haven`t then you`ve got nothing to be upset about!  But as i`ve already said, that link states that an A game is £27 for members so either that is wrong, the ticket staff are getting it wrong or members are failing to insist on getting their two quid reduction.  I`ve lost count of the posts i`ve read saying "There`s no way i`m paying £31/£32 for a ticket" and imo this kind of bizarre misinformation is a case of supporters harming the fortunes of their own club.[/quote]But it''s not misinformation is it? When i booked online i think the jarrold stand was £31 plus £1.50 booking fee upper barclay £29 plus £1.50 booking fee so the prices people are saying are correct, i know cos i paid it.

Sorry but enough is enough. The football is a business not a charity. Some people really must grow some balls. Why must people air their dirty washing in public? If pennywise and others can''t afford football - then sorry, but that''s life. Tough basically, I''m not interested in pathetic sob stories. Eat at home, cut out the programme, replica shirt and that extra beers and there you have it money saved - but for most of you that is too easy, so instead some of you harp on like your living in abject poverty, bleating for sympathy, basically I find it quite tiresome. My advice is watch the pennies change your lifestyles and who knows you maybe able to afford an extra tenner or so?

[quote user="Keith Roads"]Sorry but enough is enough. The football is a business not a charity. Some people really must grow some balls. Why must people air their dirty washing in public? If pennywise and others can''t afford football - then sorry, but that''s life. Tough basically, I''m not interested in pathetic sob stories. Eat at home, cut out the programme, replica shirt and that extra beers and there you have it money saved - but for most of you that is too easy, so instead some of you harp on like your living in abject poverty, bleating for sympathy, basically I find it quite tiresome. My advice is watch the pennies change your lifestyles and who knows you maybe able to afford an extra tenner or so?[/quote]Oh dear. There are some posts that do their author''s side of the argument rather more harm than good. This - spectacularly - falls into that category. I think they call it friendly fire nowadays.

I don''t think we need an economics lesson and whilst I like your tips on how to save it is clear that some people may not be lucky enough to afford to bring their kids, fine if we are ''sold out'' but so far that is not the case!

[quote user="Keith Roads"]Sorry but enough is enough. The football is a business not a charity. Some people really must grow some balls. Why must people air their dirty washing in public? If pennywise and others can''t afford football - then sorry, but that''s life. Tough basically, I''m not interested in pathetic sob stories. Eat at home, cut out the programme, replica shirt and that extra beers and there you have it money saved - but for most of you that is too easy, so instead some of you harp on like your living in abject poverty, bleating for sympathy, basically I find it quite tiresome. My advice is watch the pennies change your lifestyles and who knows you maybe able to afford an extra tenner or so?[/quote]

absolutely !!! let them eat cake [:D]

[quote user="Keith Roads"]Sorry but enough is enough. The football is a business not a charity. Some people really must grow some balls. Why must people air their dirty washing in public? If pennywise and others can''t afford football - then sorry, but that''s life. Tough basically, I''m not interested in pathetic sob stories. Eat at home, cut out the programme, replica shirt and that extra beers and there you have it money saved - but for most of you that is too easy, so instead some of you harp on like your living in abject poverty, bleating for sympathy, basically I find it quite tiresome. My advice is watch the pennies change your lifestyles and who knows you maybe able to afford an extra tenner or so?[/quote]Having sat back and taken your advice on board it seems that i can afford that Bugatti Veyron after all. I just had to stop buying the "brands" at the supermarket and buy the value deals instead. Shame you couldn''t of had a word with Gordon Brown a few years ago.

[quote user="Keith Roads"]Sorry but enough is enough. The football is a business not a charity. Some people really must grow some balls. Why must people air their dirty washing in public? If pennywise and others can''t afford football - then sorry, but that''s life. Tough basically, I''m not interested in pathetic sob stories. Eat at home, cut out the programme, replica shirt and that extra beers and there you have it money saved - but for most of you that is too easy, so instead some of you harp on like your living in abject poverty, bleating for sympathy, basically I find it quite tiresome. My advice is watch the pennies change your lifestyles and who knows you maybe able to afford an extra tenner or so?[/quote]And here''s the rub, really.  It is a business, but one which benefits hugely from what are typical non-business attributes of unprecedented "customer" (that''s supporter) loyalty.  And so many clubs - not just Norwich City - feel, with some justification, they can keep hiking prices up because supporters will pay the money which goes to fuel the unsustainable bubble (never mind that even if we sold out every single game this season and made every single game "Category A", we''d still run at a huge loss due to "operational budgets", i.e. player wages).  Sooner or later, probably sooner, courts are going to stop giving clubs last chances and football clubs are going to start going to the wall, and the whole greed bubble will burst with devastating results.  I don''t blame Norwich City FC for following the trend and for aligning their prices with other clubs, but everybody surely knows this ridiculous business model can''t last forever. 

I am sorry about your kids, but why must you tell the world and his wife about your lack of finances, its your problem not mine.  Save money or maybe you could have shared a season ticket to lessen the cost, instead you harp on like a tired old record. 

[quote user="Keith Roads"]

I am sorry about your kids, but why must you tell the world and his wife about your lack of finances, its your problem not mine.  Save money or maybe you could have shared a season ticket to lessen the cost, instead you harp on like a tired old record. 

[/quote]Maybe for the same reason Delia seems to feel compelled to tell the Evening News about our lack of finances every week?

[/quote]

if your referring to me ? then save your sympathy i probably earn more than you but i''m not paying £20 for a kids ticket because its morally wrong ..i would rather put it towards next years holiday in the sun  [;)]

I think the only thing worse than all this nonsense, is the sanctimonious, patronising morons the debate seems to attract.  ''Well, I can afford it, therefore I''m too rich and successful to listen to your complaints, so stop it now, please.''So you saved your pennies and scraped togetether enough wonga to go, big woop, well done.  My biggest complaint is the grading of these games - Swansea and Watford Grade A? I don''t think so, somehow... £10 for a kids'' ticket to a pre-season friendly against the mighty Newcastle United? Nope, doesn''t wash with me.  I''ll wait for those games that I can afford, thanks, and either way will likely have to leave the kids at home.  Never mind, at least that''ll keep those of you who also hate kids (as well as poor people) happy.Incidentally, I think most people are ignoring the fact that this situation isn''t really the fault of Norwich City or Macnally or whoever else, but a certain Mr Murdoch''s... so put that in your camphor-wood pipe and smoke it (blowing the smoke into the face of a peasant and using a midget''s head for an ashtray, presumably).

[quote user="Keith Roads"]i will save my sympathy - hope you enjoy your holiday - hope you get a good kids deal or I pity the holiday forums![/quote]

i hope so too money doesn''t grow on trees you know [;)]

Evil Monkey you and others miss the point, life is about priorities, so if you opt out of going to football its your decision alone.  For the record I quite admire people you saved their pennies and scraped together enough wonga to go, that''s life.  Your right  to blame Murdoch, I would add greedy players and agents to that.  What choice does Norwich have but to put the prices up.  I support the club on this issue becase that gives us a chance to progress as a club at long last - after years of Chase, Delia and Doncaster with their ''little Norwich mentality.

I think it is you who miss the point, Keith.  Some fans are aggrieved that they are unable to afford something they previously enjoyed, often with their children, because of a large and sudden increase in the cost.  Blame is another matter, but these people have a right to be annoyed or frustrated about this and thus have a right to vent.

Evil Monkey you and others miss the point, life is about priorities, so if you opt out of going to football its your decision alone.  For the record I quite admire people you saved their pennies and scraped together enough wonga to go, that''s life.  Your right  to blame Murdoch, I would add greedy players and agents to that.  What choice does Norwich have but to put the prices up.  I support the club on this issue becase that gives us a chance to progress as a club at long last - after years of Chase, Delia and Doncaster with their ''little Norwich mentality.

[/quote]I think it is you that''s missing the point. The kids that are priced out of the game now are the empty seats in the clubs future. I don''t blame NCFC it''s a problem with football in this country. As you say it''s a buisness but it''s a non sustainable one and the bubble is about to burst.

[/quote]

okay keith on a serious note and putting my own tragic circumstances aside .. how will putting up the prices help the club progress if people start thinking they can''t or won''t afford it and decide not to go ? as it seems quite a few people did yesterday..i''ve heard it said others will simply take there place but if thats the case where were they yesterday ?  3000 short of capacity ? i would say it is a fact that norwich enjoy good attendances despite some utter dross on the pitch because the pricing has been  reasonable.  take that away and we become like every other club our size with lots of empty seats.. the best way for the club to ride out the recession is to keep prices reasonable or all they will do is alienate the fans of today and the future and all the good will they have built up will go out of the window and we''ll end up like ipswich at best and coventry middlesboro at worst [:D]

Aggrieved - I do understand - but £29 season tickets cannot continue because the club is losing millions - yet fans of all clubs demand success. Sadly some fans will miss out - but what choice do the club have? 

[quote user="Keith Roads"]Aggrieved - I do understand - but £29 season tickets cannot continue because the club is losing millions - yet fans of all clubs demand success. Sadly some fans will miss out - but what choice do the club have? [/quote]I believe there were 3152 casual tickets soly yesterday based on £30 a ticket thats £94,560 had the seats been £23 we prob would have sold 5500 thats £126,500. Empty seats don''t make money.

[quote user="JF"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I am happy to apologise if you got upset, but you took a general comment personally- i never said that you lied/bullsh*tted/whatever but some people have posted stuff which is simply wrong.  If you haven`t then you`ve got nothing to be upset about!  But as i`ve already said, that link states that an A game is £27 for members so either that is wrong, the ticket staff are getting it wrong or members are failing to insist on getting their two quid reduction.  I`ve lost count of the posts i`ve read saying "There`s no way i`m paying £31/£32 for a ticket" and imo this kind of bizarre misinformation is a case of supporters harming the fortunes of their own club.[/quote]But it''s not misinformation is it? When i booked online i think the jarrold stand was £31 plus £1.50 booking fee upper barclay £29 plus £1.50 booking fee so the prices people are saying are correct, i know cos i paid it.[/quote]

JF, it was £29 for me in the Upper Barclay yesterday as a NON-member.  I was actually offered the very last ticket in that tier but as it was stuffed right up the corner i decided to pay £31 in the Jarrold.  These are "A" game prices (not A+) therefore according to the link posted earlier in the thread you should have got your ticket for £27.  I haven`t got a clue why you didn`t.

Also it is DEFINATELY misinformation when people are quoting ticket prices of £31/£32 as the minimum price whilst including a booking fee which is entirely optional.  The cheapest price for an adult member ticket yesterday was £27, if people ended up paying more than that then something has gone wrong somewhere down the line- probably human error- and they need to get a bit more organised to avoid paying the booking fee.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="JF"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I am happy to apologise if you got upset, but you took a general comment personally- i never said that you lied/bullsh*tted/whatever but some people have posted stuff which is simply wrong.  If you haven`t then you`ve got nothing to be upset about!  But as i`ve already said, that link states that an A game is £27 for members so either that is wrong, the ticket staff are getting it wrong or members are failing to insist on getting their two quid reduction.  I`ve lost count of the posts i`ve read saying "There`s no way i`m paying £31/£32 for a ticket" and imo this kind of bizarre misinformation is a case of supporters harming the fortunes of their own club.[/quote]But it''s not misinformation is it? When i booked online i think the jarrold stand was £31 plus £1.50 booking fee upper barclay £29 plus £1.50 booking fee so the prices people are saying are correct, i know cos i paid it.[/quote]

JF, it was £29 for me in the Upper Barclay yesterday as a NON-member.  I was actually offered the very last ticket in that tier but as it was stuffed right up the corner i decided to pay £31 in the Jarrold.  These are "A" game prices (not A+) therefore according to the link posted earlier in the thread you should have got your ticket for £27.  I haven`t got a clue why you didn`t.

Also it is DEFINATELY misinformation when people are quoting ticket prices of £31/£32 as the minimum price whilst including a booking fee which is entirely optional.  The cheapest price for an adult member ticket yesterday was £27, if people ended up paying more than that then something has gone wrong somewhere down the line- probably human error- and they need to get a bit more organised to avoid paying the booking fee.

[/quote]If that''s the case then there is a problem at the club cos i am a member and i paid £29 for the upper barclay on the online ticketing.It seems they have not applied the membership discount.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Keith Roads"]Sorry but enough is enough. The football is a business not a charity. Some people really must grow some balls. Why must people air their dirty washing in public? If pennywise and others can''t afford football - then sorry, but that''s life. Tough basically, I''m not interested in pathetic sob stories. Eat at home, cut out the programme, replica shirt and that extra beers and there you have it money saved - but for most of you that is too easy, so instead some of you harp on like your living in abject poverty, bleating for sympathy, basically I find it quite tiresome. My advice is watch the pennies change your lifestyles and who knows you maybe able to afford an extra tenner or so?[/quote]

Oh dear. There are some posts that do their author''s side of the argument rather more harm than good. This - spectacularly - falls into that category. I think they call it friendly fire nowadays.

[/quote]

Given that alot of the posts moaning about ticket prices are accompanied by moans about entirely optional things such as the booking fee, programme, refreshments etc. i think Keith has an entirely valid point.

It`s indicative of an increasing phenomenon which never ceases to amaze me- that many people can no longer distinguish between the "necessary" and the "convenient" or "desirable".  On another thread someone posted that as he`d be away from home from 12-6pm he`d have to buy food at some point, to which i replied "pack some sandwiches".  It`s not bloody rocket science!

Some of my mates are travelling to Forrest by train for FOUR pounds return (unfortunately i`ve left it too late....).  Just goes to show that if you apply a bit of nouse rather than just being a braindead consumer there are plenty of ways to cut your costs.