Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Carrow

Kids prices....

Following on from the "£20 for under twelves" thread, my mate took his little girl to her first game yesterday and her ticket was £9 in the Jarrold.  Now i`m not sure what`s going on here- either there`s a seperate price for really young kids (she`s about 5), those tickets are limited and sell out quick, the ticket office is giving out duff information, or people are making stuff up as they are with all these "It`s £31/£32 for a grade A game" statements. 

There have been more home fans in the ground than the corresponding fixtures last season (this is from the horses mouth), and obviously with higher prices the club are making more money with which to continue backing Lambert and to fight our enormous debt.  Great news hey folks?!

I think you have raised an important point here. There has been a lot of various prices bandied around, but theres still an air of mystery as to what is correct.Hopefully most common sense people realise the need for the prices to be higher to support the team, but a bit more simplicity and transparency from the club, so people know where they stand would be appreciated.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]if the club will only sell 23k tickets at £25 the. They should reduce the price to £20 and sell 4k more it''s a bigger crowd so more noise ![/quote]But you don''t know they would sell more, if it was that simple then I''m sure they would do it.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="I am a Banana"]if the club will only sell 23k tickets at £25 the. They should reduce the price to £20 and sell 4k more it''s a bigger crowd so more noise ![/quote]But you don''t know they would sell more, if it was that simple then I''m sure they would do it.[:)][/quote]I think that is an adult and child ticket cost £35 rather than £50 more people would go!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Casual ticket prices for all grades here.[/quote]Nice one, and kinda contradicts the OP.

So basically the cheapest prices for kids yesterday was £10 for u 12 and £17 for u 16..........still £27 for 2 kids..............a lot of money in my opinion, no wonder the coca cola family area was empty on the Wensum wing.

Quick question......why is it more for a season ticket holder to buy a casual ticket than for a member????

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Casual ticket prices for all grades here.
[/quote]

Now why did you go and do that Graham[:^)]

The nasty club are putting the fans off and deserve all the moans they are getting[:O]

They are obviously putting away fans off too. Poor shows by both Watford and Swansea. What about charging the Swans all that dosh when they have to come from so far away!

I reckon it''s Lambert''s fault anyway! If he''d just lose a couple of games we could get back to moaning about the team/manager/board/owners!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]So basically the cheapest prices for kids yesterday was £10 for u 12 and £17 for u 16..........still £27 for 2 kids..............a lot of money in my opinion, no wonder the coca cola family area was empty on the Wensum wing. Quick question......why is it more for a season ticket holder to buy a casual ticket than for a member????[/quote]

I reckon it''s cuz they already have a ticket so are buying it for someone else. Seems pretty fair to me Rupet.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Casual ticket prices for all grades here.[/quote]

The nasty club are putting the fans off and deserve all the moans they are getting[:O]

They are obviously putting away fans off too. Poor shows by both Watford and Swansea. What about charging the Swans all that dosh when they have to come from so far away!

I reckon it''s Lambert''s fault anyway! If he''d just lose a couple of games we could get back to moaning about the team/manager/board/owners!

[/quote]You do know that your sarcasm is very likely to fly over some people''s heads?[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Casual ticket prices for all grades here.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You do know that your sarcasm is very likely to fly over some people''s heads?

[:)]
[/quote]

Really???

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Casual ticket prices for all grades here.[/quote]

[/quote]

[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/sarcasm_detector.jpg[/IMG]

You do know that your sarcasm is very likely to fly over some people''s heads?[:)][/quote]

Really???

[/quote]

Just sent my mate a text to clear it up.  Probably paid a tenner- had a few sherbets yesterday so memory`s a bit hazy!  One thing for sure is it wasn`t the £20 being bullsh*tted about on the other thread.

Thanks for the link Graham.  Shows what i`ve been saying on other threads is correct- that members can get in for £27 for a grade A game, not the £31/£32 people keep quoting.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Just sent my mate a text to clear it up.  Probably paid a tenner- had a few sherbets yesterday so memory`s a bit hazy!  One thing for sure is it wasn`t the £20 being bullsh*tted about on the other thread.

Thanks for the link Graham.  Shows what i`ve been saying on other threads is correct- that members can get in for £27 for a grade A game, not the £31/£32 people keep quoting.

[/quote]As a member yesterdays game cost me £29 in the top of the barclay plus the pathetic £1.50 online booking fee as i live to far away to get my ticket at the groung so thats £30.50.

Does anyone remember what the grade A casual prices were last season in League One? Were they much cheaper because I can''t remember very many complaints.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Does anyone remember what the grade A casual prices were last season in League One? Were they much cheaper because I can''t remember very many complaints.

[/quote]I can''t but i think you will find the real gripe is what the club considers a Grade A game. Swansea and Watford on the TVclearly should not be Grade A.

Nutty, last season for the home game against Leeds, which I assume was a grade A, I paid £24 to sit in the Jarrold Block M.

In yesterday''s game was far better than 90% of what we watched last season. Let''s be fair about it, it''s great to see Norwich winning games easily but yesterday was a "proper football match". But I take your point about Grade A on how some sides percieve it. All I''d say is that Swansea are a good footballing team who have been consistently near the top of the Championship. What grade was Colchester last season?

I''ll try again typing with my other foot this time[:$]

Yesterday''s game was far better than 90% that we watched last season. Let''s be fair about it, it''s great to see Norwich winning games easily but yesterday was a "proper football match". But I take your point about Grade A on how some folk perceive it. All I''d say is that Swansea are a good footballing team who have been consistently near the top of the Championship. What grade was Colchester last season?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Casual ticket prices for all grades here.[/quote]I don''t understand why it''s full whack for kids in the Jarrold/City stand, but cheaper in the ends/corners. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Casual ticket prices for all grades here.[/quote]I don''t understand why it''s full whack for kids in the Jarrold/City stand, but cheaper in the ends/corners.  [/quote]Because it is perceived that the sides offer a better view than ends do?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Casual ticket prices for all grades here.[/quote]I don''t understand why it''s full whack for kids in the Jarrold/City stand, but cheaper in the ends/corners.  [/quote]Because it is perceived that the sides offer a better view than ends do?[/quote]Maybe, though I''ve always preferred the upper barclay.  I suppose if there was a difference in adult prices, I''d buy that reason but instead I wonder whether they want an "adults only" area (the side stands) and to herd the kids into the ends (presumably for atmosphere, though squeaky voices don''t really do it for me).

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Casual ticket prices for all grades here.[/quote]I don''t understand why it''s full whack for kids in the Jarrold/City stand, but cheaper in the ends/corners.  [/quote]Because it is perceived that the sides offer a better view than ends do?[/quote]Maybe, though I''ve always preferred the upper barclay.  I suppose if there was a difference in adult prices, I''d buy that reason but instead I wonder whether they want an "adults only" area (the side stands) and to herd the kids into the ends (presumably for atmosphere, though squeaky voices don''t really do it for me).[/quote]My tickets are in the Upper Barclay, I prefer it too. I''m pretty sure season tickets cost a fair whack more in the Jarrold. I sat there for the friendlies, and the view is great but the atmosphere is slightly lacking (being kind)

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Casual ticket prices for all grades here.[/quote]I don''t understand why it''s full whack for kids in the Jarrold/City stand, but cheaper in the ends/corners.  [/quote]Because it is perceived that the sides offer a better view than ends do?[/quote]Maybe, though I''ve always preferred the upper barclay.  I suppose if there was a difference in adult prices, I''d buy that reason but instead I wonder whether they want an "adults only" area (the side stands) and to herd the kids into the ends (presumably for atmosphere, though squeaky voices don''t really do it for me).[/quote]I mean, I can see there is a slight difference in the adult price but if (when) I want to take my boy to the football:Grade A Game, members: Dad & Son £60 for Jarrold seats, £37 for Barclay.Grade B is £58 vs £34.So the scaling of prices for kids is disproportionate and sounds like a plan to cram the kids into specific areas, or more likely, keep them out of the side stands.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

what are you the bloody ticket office manager or something? if  you are then i sugest you brief your staff on what the prices are when fans ring up ..for the last time i rang up friday and was quoted £20 for my 12 year old son or as the lady put it a bit cheaper £19 with a restricted veiw .. now that was the information i was given by the ticket office on friday morning and i based my decision not to go on the price quoted..i asked if they had anything cheaper she said no..now i''m sorry if this upsets you but i swear on my sons life that is the truth .. get over it .. and i am a supermember  and was quoted £29 + a £1.50  booking fee..you seem to have gone to a lot of trouble to prove i am some sort of liar ? why don''t you ring up the ticket office and ask to listen to the training puposes recording...i''m beggining to think you are working on this message board on behalf of the club ? why else does it upset you so much IDIOT