Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

3 points next Saturday!!!

I have a friend that''s a massive Forest supporter. Apparently all is very bad at the club.

Players being signed that the manager doesn''t want.

Players fighting between themselves

Back-room staff fighting between themselves.

By all accounts Billy Davies is on the verge of quitting the job and it has been said that he may be gone by next weekend.

Can we take advantage of the situation?

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]I have a friend that''s a massive Forest supporter. Apparently all is very bad at the club.

Players being signed that the manager doesn''t want.

Players fighting between themselves

Back-room staff fighting between themselves.

By all accounts Billy Davies is on the verge of quitting the job and it has been said that he may be gone by next weekend.

Can we take advantage of the situation?[/quote]I don''t see why we can''t take advantage of the situation, Billy Davies seems to be getting frustrated more and more on each TV interview I see of him, The one last night on "The Football League Show" was just basically him having a massive dig at the Forest board.All doesn''t seem well, Its a good time to play them, It will be if Davies is still there.Still, Its a tricky game none the less. I think we can win it though [:)]

Knowing our luck, Martin O''Neill will be appointed as Forest manager this week - when Billy throws the towel in...maybe.

That was mentioned too Mello. I really can''t see O''Neill going there though can you?

If he thought he had problems with the Chairman at Villa he will have massive problems at Forest. I would see a Robert Chase style problem arising!!

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]That was mentioned too Mello. I really can''t see O''Neill going there though can you? If he thought he had problems with the Chairman at Villa he will have massive problems at Forest. I would see a Robert Chase style problem arising!![/quote]

I''d be very surprised if Martin went to Forest.....He has an affiliation with Forest, but I think it would take more than that for him to even consider taking over as manager....Although, stranger things have happened in football....

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]That was mentioned too Mello. I really can''t see O''Neill going there though can you? If he thought he had problems with the Chairman at Villa he will have massive problems at Forest. I would see a Robert Chase style problem arising!![/quote]

And on Talk sport yesterday they were saying he goes home to Scotland if they have no mid week match, and someone who sat next to him on the return  flight home on Thursday happens to have a taped conversation with him, saying all sorts of nasty things?  But can''t see this as being true, I know I wouldn''t rabbit on to a stranger  

Just thought this may be worth mentioning:

Former Aston Villa manager Martin O''Neill could be in line for a shock return to management with former club Nottingham Forest.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

That was on the BBC rumours page today. I realise, it''s hardly the most reputable source, but a bit worrying if it should go on!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8934414.stm Is the original story, its about halfway down, first story under other gossip (Sorry I can''t work clicky links, but I suppose you can all copy and paste okay!)

They haven''t lost in the last 6 away games I''ve been too and I''m off to Forest now, so be confident everyone.

Cracking time to go Forest, looks like they are in allsorts of trouble. Davies is clearly not a happy bunny!

[quote user="Wooftie"]Just thought this may be worth mentioning: Former Aston Villa manager Martin O''Neill could be in line for a shock return to management with former club Nottingham Forest. Full story: Sunday Mirror That was on the BBC rumours page today. I realise, it''s hardly the most reputable source, but a bit worrying if it should go on! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8934414.stm Is the original story, its about halfway down, first story under other gossip (Sorry I can''t work clicky links, but I suppose you can all copy and paste okay!)[/quote]

He left Villa because of Money problems, Forest arn''t any better off, they buy in players that the manager don''t want can you see O''Neill settle for that, Come on behave yourself. 

They have drawn their first three games so are likely to either win or lose by the law of averages.  Lets hope it''s the latter!

But yeah, great time to play them.  Come On You Yellows!

How have Forest drawn their opening three games? [:^)]They lost at Burnley on the opening day...

[quote user="Daz"]How have Forest drawn their opening three games? [:^)]

They lost at Burnley on the opening day...
[/quote]

Oh...

Lost at Burnley, drew with Leeds at home and drew with Reading away, they are worse than I thought then!

So by the law of averages, they are now due a win[:S]

[quote user="Boyo"]

[quote user="Daz"]How have Forest drawn their opening three games? [:^)]

They lost at Burnley on the opening day...
[/quote]

Oh...

Lost at Burnley, drew with Leeds at home and drew with Reading away, they are worse than I thought then!

So by the law of averages, they are now due a win[:S]

[/quote]

B0ll0ck5 to the law of averages! Whenever did that apply in football?!?!?

A great time to play them and pick up a welcome rare win at their place.

[quote user="Wooftie"]Just thought this may be worth mentioning: Former Aston Villa manager Martin O''Neill could be in line for a shock return to management with former club Nottingham Forest. Full story: Sunday Mirror That was on the BBC rumours page today. I realise, it''s hardly the most reputable source, but a bit worrying if it should go on! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8934414.stm Is the original story, its about halfway down, first story under other gossip (Sorry I can''t work clicky links, but I suppose you can all copy and paste okay!)[/quote]

Sunday People apparently also reporting that while he waits for the England job. Certainly hope Davies stays until after Saturday strange how teams suddenly win when their manager goes.