Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Mark Gower Swansea midfielder

Quote "Apart from the Hull game we demolished Preston and we''ve pretty much done the same [at Norwich] apart from the result."

If you call being negative, time wasting and hundreds of passes with no end product then yes we were demolished!

Cock!

Lmao..What a div, if Holt could have been assed to chase balls he didn''t fancy then we''d have maintained 60% of possession I reckons.

I can understand his frustration because I did think Swansea were the better side for decent chunks of the game. But ulitmately football is won and lost in both penalty boxes. You have to take your chances when they come along and Swansea failed to do that. So immense credit to the team for hanging in there and outlasting the opposition like they did so many times last season

Demolished is beating a side 6 - 0 not being outplayed in the first 20 mins, missing a penalty, conceding a soft own goal and then going missing to allow us to score another. They are a decent passing side but if you don''t do anything with it you can hardly say you demolished a team.

Like us they''ll be mid table

"we demolished Preston and we''ve pretty much done the same [at Norwich] apart from the result."And I''m the Queen of England ..............

................................ apart from I''m not royal, crowned the Queen or even female, nor 84 years old eitherBut aside from those trivialties I am the Queen of England

Agree that it would probably have been a fairer reflection if the scoreline were the other way round, but we were hardly demolished.

thing is - they''ve controlled the game but couldn''t produce anything because Norwich soaked up the pressure...

yes we''ve had a lucky break but that''s what good teams do

[quote user="Stephen Fry Gives Peas a Chance "]thing is - they''ve controlled the game but couldn''t produce anything because Norwich soaked up the pressure... yes we''ve had a lucky break but that''s what good teams do[/quote]

Very true, look at Manure, they always seem to copy us with late wins  lol apart from today that is

We didn''t get outplayed at all.  We played them the right way and you wont see many teams do a better job on them this season than we did. 

We got into them early and unsettled them which gave them a wake up call.  We then allowed them to make as many useless, pointless passes in the middle of the park as much as they liked and as soon as they got into the final third we snuffed them out and defended brilliantly.  How many real clear cut chances did they make with all that possesion?  I can think of just two.  The penalty and when it was pulled back to Pratley from six yards who blazed over. 

Once we won possesion back we then hit them on the counter.  If we went all out for the win we would have left gaping big holes for them to pass us to pieces. 

We didn''t play bad, we played tactically well.

Football ultimately is not a posession game. How many times do you see Bolton, Stoke or Blackburn retain posession for large chunks of games?

Posession can help you in that whilst you have the ball the oponent has to work hard to get it back and obviously they can''t score - unless someone hits a delightfully awful back pass.

The thing is you can have the ball all day but if you fail to provide a decent chance on goal then you can''t really call it demolishing.

So far as I am concerned in terms of openings and clear chances they only had one other than the penalty.

We on the other hand may well have had less of the ball but carved far better openings. Crofts had a good chance he should have scored, Martin pulled the ball along the 6yard box a couple of times and it only needed a tap in to finish. Another day and they would have been converted. Would 4-0 have been unfair on Swansea? Maybe but that could have been the reality.

Outplayed in their own half and the middle of the park maybe but they certainly didn''t dominate our penalty area as much as we did theirs and that, my friends, is all that counts.

[quote user="Boyo"]

We didn''t get outplayed at all.  We played them the right way and you wont see many teams do a better job on them this season than we did. 

We got into them early and unsettled them which gave them a wake up call.  We then allowed them to make as many useless, pointless passes in the middle of the park as much as they liked and as soon as they got into the final third we snuffed them out and defended brilliantly.  How many real clear cut chances did they make with all that possesion?  I can think of just two.  The penalty and when it was pulled back to Pratley from six yards who blazed over. 

Once we won possesion back we then hit them on the counter.  If we went all out for the win we would have left gaping big holes for them to pass us to pieces. 

We didn''t play bad, we played tactically well.

[/quote]

Spot on. [Y]

They played thinking they were Barcelona, with the 2 centre halves pulling wide of the box at goal kicks, and just keeping the ball with the ''keeper and 2 CB''s.  Doesn''t get them anywhere because we didn''t get sucked in we just waited and picked them off. I think we played far more ''streetwise'' than they did and won the tactical battle no doubt.

How many times have we dominated possession, looked good, had all of the play-and not won the match?

Numerous!

Even last season, at Leeds, we showed them how to play football, looked extremely good in doing so, and had lots of possession and all the attacking play-they looked as if they were going to be fortunate to get a draw, but they still beat us!

No doubt Swansea will have some lucky wins this season as well, just as we will have some defeats in the manner of theirs.

We will play a lot better and lose. A draw would have been a fair result. We had several early chances which we did not take. The game turned on the penatly miss 9 times out of 10 it would have gone in and game over