Sign in to follow this  
Gunn Rack

Canaries Player on Iphone or Android

Hi all.

Has anyone managed to get the player working on android or iphone, so you can listen to the live commentary on your phone when out of BBC Norfolk range.

Would be great if anyone could tell me how to do this. Have been trying for yrs!

Thanks a mil

GR

Funny that this should come up - i''ve been looking in to the whole flash/adobe/apple thing this weekend (sad i know!). Adobe have just released a fully functioning mobile version of flash (10.1) but at the moment it only works with Android''s latest OS (2.2). Adobe say however, that a release for most other mobile OS (previous androids, symbian, blackberry, windows mob etc) will be out very soon. That means pretty much every smartphone WILL be able to run full flash (inc canaries player) very soon. EXCEPT of course, iphones, because of said dispute between apple and adobe, which is quite amusing. Steve ''i am god'' Jobs insist that flash causes problems on iphones and other mobile devices, describing it as a ''buggy battery hog'' so flash 10.1 for smartphones is being awaited with baited breath to see if it works ok. We''ll find out very soon. No doubt if it does work, Jobs(worth) will think of another reason not to allow it on iphones!

Had problems on Android, not because of the flash but because of the javascript used in popping up the sign in box...

I''d be more than happy to whinge and complain for them to pull their fingers our their arse, if you are! :)