Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Reserve players -Will they get a match?

Now that we have scrapped the reserve team (again), i was wondering if PL has organised any friendly matches yet?

The fringe palyers will surely need some match time in case they are called upon!!

I would expect to see a few tomorrow night in the cup.Specifically Askou, Lappin and Fox.

[quote user="Dogger "]True, but i would like to think Rudd, Francomb & Gill get a bit of game time too.[/quote]I don''t think he''ll make that many changes, I should imagine he would fancy winning it!But, back on topic, it is an issue. I should imagine he would want behind closed doors friendlies at some point, but don''t know if any are in the pipeline yet.

PL has said on a number of occasions that he always wants to win, so he may rest one or two players, possibly even Holty, who looked a little tired on Saturday towards the end, but more likely Surman and one other midfielder.

He has said that he wants game time for some on the bench, and Lappin, Hughes Fox and perhaps Gill come to mind.

While they all train together, thats not quite the same as playing together in the heat of battle. Askou looks verry likely to play, so I can''t see more than two of the others coming in as well.

The thing about PL is that he constantly surprises. So be prepared for anything!