Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Jackson use on the right wing?

Would Jackson be use as a right winger/midfield if we convert to 4-4-2? Seems McNamme natural left footed should be on left wing...liked that:

Ruddy

Martin  Nelson  Ward  Drury

Jackson  Crofts  Smith  McNamme

Holt  Martin

Good 4-4-2 formation?

MacNamee seems to want to cut in on what ever flank he is on....[:@]

I think if you have a natural right winger at the club you should play them ahead of a striker turned into a RW

Surely it''d be Chrissy on the right, with Jackson up front?

Admittedly he doesn''t seem to be the type of player you''d put on the right, but he had some success playing there for Luton when he was on loan.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

I think if you have a natural right winger at the club you should play them ahead of a striker turned into a RW

[/quote]Who set up our opener IAAB?Exactly.Sit down and shut up.

[quote user="CT"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

Who set up our opener IAAB?

Exactly.

Sit down and shut up.
[/quote]

That was the 1st time since he has played for us. But he seems to play better when he doesn''t have time to choose what to do!

Dont quite know why you''d play Jackson right midfield when he''s a striker, bit like people on here saying we should play Steven Smith RB instead of R. Martin when fit. [:S][8-)]

[quote user="XXL16"]

Would Jackson be use as a right winger/midfield if we convert to 4-4-2? Seems McNamme natural left footed should be on left wing...liked that:

Ruddy

Martin  Nelson  Ward  Drury

Jackson  Crofts  Smith  McNamme

Holt  Martin

Good 4-4-2 formation?

[/quote]

That for me is not a constructive starting eleven but more a team for the last 15-20 minutes of a game we are losing. Assuming too that Hoolihan is not getting away with things.

Also, I would hope that Jackson is too good a striker to put wide. He would be a wasted.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="CT"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]Who set up our opener IAAB?Exactly.Sit down and shut up.[/quote]

That was the 1st time since he has played for us. But he seems to play better when he doesn''t have time to choose what to do!

[/quote]Except he did have time. If you actually watched the game, you would see he took a touch, looked up and played a cracking ball into the box which resulted in us scoring a goal. I actually thought it was impossible to hate anyone without ever meeting them but congratulations you have done it.

[quote user="Willmeister"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="CT"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

Who set up our opener IAAB?

Exactly.

Sit down and shut up.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Except he did have time. If you actually watched the game, you would see he took a touch, looked up and played a cracking ball into the box which resulted in us scoring a goal. I actually thought it was impossible to hate anyone without ever meeting them but congratulations you have done it.
[/quote]

But macnamee normally slows down the games tempo - which works against us!

Thanks, I really did try to become hated by you.

Where you got the idea that McNamee slows down play Banana I don''t know.  McNamee is direct and quick even if he does cut in.  It is usually get the ball, beat a man by either getting to the line or cutting in and he then puts in a cross.  You can''t get much more direct.

Have you ever watched Hoolahan?  Because he is a great example of a player who slows things down and takes the flow out of things.  He gets the ball, beats his man, beats another two players, tries so hard to get it onto his left foot and by the time he has done that everyone has run offside or are being marked.

McNamee has looked quite good so far in the Championship and has impressed me more than Hoolahan at this level.

I really don''t think a 4-4-2 suits the players we have. From what I''ve seen McNamee is better in the Hoolahan role than as an outright winger and we don''t have another winger to go with him anyway. I think if we are going to change things up we''d be better going with a variation of 4-5-1 with Holt up alone. Surman looked very good at the start of the Swansea game, and I reckon in the next few games he''s really going to come to the fore.

Saying that I wouldn''t want to drop Martin so unless we are going to move him to an inside forward role in a 4-2-3-1 type of thing I think we''re better off staying with what we have.