Sign in to follow this  
Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son

News Of The World

In the football pullout today on the write up about Norwich they have a quite big picture of Ward making a tackle with the caption underneath, Oli Johnson slides in to block a shot from Darren Pratley. How much worse journalism can you get ? For starters they look nothing like each other and two, Johnson never came on the pitch. Do they just look at squad number and they thought that a 22 was a 23 ? [:S] Very poor.

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]Na. Just thought I''d point it out as Norwich seem to be unknown, such as all the BBC stuff, getting most of their Norwich facts wrong.[/quote]Its probably not just us.

more importantly , anyone see cheryl cole on front cover of the NOTW? phwoar! didn''t get to look inside unfortunatly.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Maybe they just did it to annoy McNally and get their own back.

[:)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Are you talking about your posts on here or The News of the World?[;)]

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]In the football pullout today on the write up about Norwich they have a quite big picture of Ward making a tackle with the caption underneath, Oli Johnson slides in to block a shot from Darren Pratley. How much worse journalism can you get ? For starters they look nothing like each other and two, Johnson never came on the pitch. Do they just look at squad number and they thought that a 22 was a 23 ? [:S] Very poor.[/quote]

Buy a proper paper

[quote user="canarytom"]

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]In the football pullout today on the write up about Norwich they have a quite big picture of Ward making a tackle with the caption underneath, Oli Johnson slides in to block a shot from Darren Pratley. How much worse journalism can you get ? For starters they look nothing like each other and two, Johnson never came on the pitch. Do they just look at squad number and they thought that a 22 was a 23 ? [:S] Very poor.[/quote]

Buy a proper paper

[/quote]

come''s in handy if you run out of Andrex paper

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="canarytom"]

Buy a proper paper

[/quote]

[/quote]

The problem with that is there is so much shite on the paper already, that it doesn''t do a good job in wiping clean!

[quote user="Dan Druff"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="canarytom"]

Buy a proper paper

[/quote]

[/quote]

The problem with that is there is so much shite on the paper already, that it doesn''t do a good job in wiping clean!

[/quote]

Lol, very funny [y]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Maybe they just did it to annoy McNally and get their own back.

[:)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Are you talking about your posts on here or The News of the World?[;)]

[/quote]

Are you the new front man?

[;)]

OTBC

the tabloids dont got to any game outside the premiership that often. i have no idear how they get their reports. I can remember reading a match report of a game we had against Bradford a few years ago where it mentioned we hit the bar and all sorts of other stuff that just didnt happen in the game.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]the tabloids dont got to any game outside the premiership that often. i have no idear how they get their reports. I can remember reading a match report of a game we had against Bradford a few years ago where it mentioned we hit the bar and all sorts of other stuff that just didnt happen in the game.
[/quote]

They just listen to the sky sports news reports and make some story up from that [y] NOTW is owned by rupert murdoch as is SSN [;)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]the tabloids dont got to any game outside the premiership that often. i have no idear how they get their reports. I can remember reading a match report of a game we had against Bradford a few years ago where it mentioned we hit the bar and all sorts of other stuff that just didnt happen in the game.

[/quote]

I believe the News of the World use freelancers to cover lower league games, sometimes these freelancers don''t actually turn up to the game and make it up, or watch Final Score and add a little colour. No one at the News of the World really cares as they have to edit and find space for around 50 match reports, most of which are never read.

I can see how the error between Elliot Ward and Oli Johnson was made, a simple slip of the finger when looking at the Norwich squad numbers.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

I believe the News of the World use freelancers to cover lower league games, sometimes these freelancers don''t actually turn up to the game and make it up, or watch Final Score and add a little colour. No one at the News of the World really cares as they have to edit and find space for around 50 match reports, most of which are never read.

I can see how the error between Elliot Ward and Oli Johnson was made, a simple slip of the finger when looking at the Norwich squad numbers.

[/quote]

But they will have noticed that ollie didn''t get onto the pitch whenwriting up the teams etc.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But they will have noticed that ollie didn''t get onto the pitch whenwriting up the teams etc.

[/quote]

The writer of the match and the person resonsible for the caption under the photograph would be two seperate people, would be surprised if the caption writer had even seen the match report when putting in the one-liner under the picture.