Sign in to follow this  
zak123

Izale McLeod?

Just wondering what people think of Izale McLeod and whether he would be worth it for city to try and sign him, as he was released by Charlton. He seems like a could be a good backup striker, to provide good competition with oli and would be relatively cheap! There was speculation about us signing him 3 years ago, so no reason why he would be any worse now, from what i have seen of him he seems very good!

He''s just been on trial at Southend and their manager says that he''s not of the standard they need, so i doubt he''d be good enough for the level we''re at.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

He''s just been on trial at Southend and their manager says that he''s not of the standard they need, so i doubt he''d be good enough for the level we''re at.

[/quote]

ollie johnson wasn''t playing for milwall but we brought him and lambert seems to be making him better all the time!! Although the only striker i feel we would need at the moment is a target man to give holt comp. Im starting to get annoyed at his moaning at other players!

Are you his agent Zak? 

In answer to your question, if he could iron out a few technical flaws in his game he would be a great signing.  The problem is that the list of his technical flaws goes on and on. 

He is like Leon McKenzie with an even worse first touch!

[quote user="Question Mark"]That''s because Oli was at Stockport.[/quote]

Sorry, I want watching the milwall highlightson tv and got mixed up [:S]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[/quote]

ollie johnson wasn''t playing for milwall but we brought him and lambert seems to be making him better all the time!! Although the only striker i feel we would need at the moment is a target man to give holt comp. Im starting to get annoyed at his moaning at other players!

[/quote]So you think Oli is improving ''all the time'' but you slate McNamee at every chance you can?Little b***h.....

[quote user="CT"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So you think Oli is improving ''all the time'' but you slate McNamee at every chance you can?

Little b***h.....
[/quote]

the difference is that ollie is direct and will run at players, macnamee wont [y]

i can remember Seieing McLeod play against us for Derby in our promotion season to the prem. i can honestly say that in 20 years of watching football he was the wortst player i think i have ever seen full stop. He ran it out for a throw in after getting the ball in the centre circle i remember!

Not what were looking for. He was great for MK Dons and scored a lot of goals for them. But he has seriously lost his way since then. I think he may have suffered a knee injury as well and often players are not the same afterwards. You feel the likes of Martin, Jackson, Holt and Johnson are players whose careers are on an upward curve in comparision. Given that he cant get a deal with Southend he might even have to drop into non league football to get another chance.