Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

Simeon Jackson's goal...

Just watched it again on the FLS and I think it''s one of the technically best goals we''ve seen at Carrow Road in some time.

The way he shifts his body position, connects with the ball and aims it is absolutely perfect.

Well done Jackson.

Absolute Peach, right up with the Quality of Bale''s 2nd against Stoke.

I think when we play footy, when the cross liked this, 9 out of 10 players will try to smash the ball by the laces, instead of liked Jackson, liked side footed it in. I think it is a textbook stuffs for youngsters to follow.

Er, not quite - Bale''s goal was technically superior, if only for the position he had to take up to strike the ball and the way he executed it. There was far less margin for error in Bale''s strike because he could try that again ten times and hit it out of the stadium 8 times. Whereas you''d hope if Jackson tried his goal 10 times he''d score it more often than not.

Still a fine strike mind.

[quote user="Daz"]Absolute Peach, right up with the Quality of Bale''s 2nd against Stoke.
[/quote]

im afraid it wasn''t quite that good [:P]

Bales was goal of the month already [y]

Holt took a huge risk. Imagine if he had scuffed the cross, put it straight at the defender and they broke and scored. Was a great cross and quality finish, he still have a lot to do.

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"]Holt took a huge risk. Imagine if he had scuffed the cross, put it straight at the defender and they broke and scored. Was a great cross and quality finish, he still have a lot to do.
[/quote]I think most fans would have still loved him for trying to get a 2nd for the team. Lambert said on the radio he wanted holt to go into the corner!

To be fair, the amount of space Jackson had, I reckon more fans than not, would have been complaining that Holt didn''t play it into a 15 square yard area where there was only Jackson.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]To be fair, the amount of space Jackson had, I reckon more fans than not, would have been complaining that Holt didn''t play it into a 15 square yard area where there was only Jackson.[/quote]

But he could have easily spooned it, to their defender running in. But if you play in the champ you should be able to play a lobbed pass perfectly !

I thought yesterdays goal was a great finish, not quite as good as Bales, but still excellent technique and a lot of other players would have gone for power rather than placement.  Sure its only one goal, but it will give him a massive confidence boost.  Hopefully there are plenty more to follow. 

[quote user="NCFC-47"]It is a little like Mckenzie''s goal vs Manchester Ud[/quote]IMO SJ''s goal was slightly better.  If I remember McKenzie''s was straight to an open net.  SJ''s had more control by placing it high out of the keeper''s reach.

What i found funny about that goal was did anyone else notice that before the game in the warm up one of the coaching staff (i think) was crossing the ball and all the players were practicing headers and volleys and none of them could muster any decent efforts including Jackson and then the one chance we get in the game and it falls to Jackson and he puts it away brilliantly [:D]

[quote user="Chalk"]What i found funny about that goal was did anyone else notice that before the game in the warm up one of the coaching staff (i think) was crossing the ball and all the players were practicing headers and volleys and none of them could muster any decent efforts including Jackson and then the one chance we get in the game and it falls to Jackson and he puts it away brilliantly [:D][/quote]I didn''t notice, but it sounds deliciously ironic[Y]

[quote user="Daz"]Absolute Peach, right up with the Quality of Bale''s 2nd against Stoke.[/quote]????????? WOW STATEMENT!!!!

It was a lovely strike from Jackson. But Bale''s was another level. Holty definately did the right thing crossing the ball into the box. I would have said that even if we had not scored. Jackson was pretty much all alone in the penalty area so any vaguely decent ball would have meant at the very least we would have kept possession.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]To be fair, the amount of space Jackson had, I reckon more fans than not, would have been complaining that Holt didn''t play it into a 15 square yard area where there was only Jackson.[/quote]Triple sigh!

When is somebody going to come up with a song for Simeon?I was wanting to sing something on Saturday, but being a bit of a dim wit I could not think of anything to sing!I said that Jackson was a class act and worth the money that we signed him for.  This is the first little bit of payback from somebody who will prove to be a very useful part of our squad over the next few years.

[quote user="Smudger"]being a bit of a dim wit........[/quote]Finally, a confession! We''ve always known it smudger so hopefully, you can get on with your life now![;)]

[quote user="Chalk"]What i found funny about that goal was did anyone else notice that before the game in the warm up one of the coaching staff (i think) was crossing the ball and all the players were practicing headers and volleys and none of them could muster any decent efforts including Jackson and then the one chance we get in the game and it falls to Jackson and he puts it away brilliantly [:D]
[/quote]

Yer i noticed that, did anyone even hit the target? I score goals like this week in week out. Peice of piss

He crossed and took a personal risk when he might have easily just run for the corner........now Simeon Jackson too knows what it is to f''ing love Grant Holt!

Bales second goal reminded me of the one Hucks got at, I think, at Brighton (need help here!) in the promotion season-long ball, volley from left into top corner.

[quote user="Smudger"]When is somebody going to come up with a song for Simeon?

I was wanting to sing something on Saturday, but being a bit of a dim wit I could not think of anything to sing!

I said that Jackson was a class act and worth the money that we signed him for.  This is the first little bit of payback from somebody who will prove to be a very useful part of our squad over the next few years.
[/quote]

Oukast, Sorry Miss Jackson:

"Simeon Jackson you are for real"

Suggestions for further lyrics would be appreciated!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Bales second goal reminded me of the one Hucks got at, I think, at Brighton (need help here!) in the promotion season-long ball, volley from left into top corner.[/quote]

Wimbledon when they were at the national hockey stadium. I am going to put my neck out and say it was actually better than Bale''s goal that one. The ball from McVeigh (I think?) travelled even further and because the ground was very exposed (apparently MK Dons couldn''t expand this ground because of large levels of methane under the stadium) it was blowing an absolute gale. So to get that cleaner contact was unbelievable. It showed Hucks had awesome ability and wasnt just reliant on his pace.

Plus Simeon''s goal was voted 4th best of the football league weekend on Netbusters on sky. Well in Simeon.

Put simeon and Oli up front tonight. Just wait and see what they can do. I wouldn''t risk our normal front two...would any of you?

[quote user="Simon Lappin King Of Spain"]

[quote user="Smudger"]When is somebody going to come up with a song for Simeon?

I was wanting to sing something on Saturday, but being a bit of a dim wit I could not think of anything to sing!

I said that Jackson was a class act and worth the money that we signed him for.  This is the first little bit of payback from somebody who will prove to be a very useful part of our squad over the next few years.
[/quote]

Oukast, Sorry Miss Jackson:

"Simeon Jackson you are for real"

Suggestions for further lyrics would be appreciated!

[/quote]

I was thinking of that same song. Was singing it the other day to a bemused looking Arsenal fan.

Nice - that''s the sort of thing that could work ''cos it''s simple for us simple football folk.Needs a line to go with the bit before that line though. Comes off the bench and scores another goal /Simeon Jackson, you are for reeeealDoes that fit?Or, if it does happen in the derby, first line is: Comes off the bench and scores against the scum...