Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

I'm confused

It may be jet lag after the long flight, but returning to two consecutive League wins and clean sheets, I''m assuming that we played two teams who failed to launch a single attack down our right flank, where Russell Martin would have obviously just flagged them in, or had a shot on goal where the man who isn''t Saint Fraser of Forster would surely have chucked it into his own net.

Of course, it could just be that the knee jerk reactionaries have got it wrong again....[;)]

Keep reading, Ruddy had a good game and Jackson scored so this week Holt is a pile of turd....never happy unless they are moaning about someone!

Russell Martin, Elliot Ward, and John Ruddy have been brilliant the last two games.

Even Nelson has improved over the last two games.

Chris Martin ran his ar$e off and still people complained about his work rate. Some people just seem to be blinded with their hatred for certain players.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Welcome back Beaus! We missed you mate[Y]

Morty - you can stop being Kofi Annan now [;)]

[/quote]Nobel peace prize in the post?

Holt played like he was suffering from Peugeot 307 lag.....

But, he eventually trundled over the finishing line with two assists....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

ermmm macnamee got the assist for the 1st?!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

It may be jet lag after the long flight, but returning to two consecutive League wins and clean sheets, I''m assuming that we played two teams who failed to launch a single attack down our right flank, where Russell Martin would have obviously just flagged them in, or had a shot on goal where the man who isn''t Saint Fraser of Forster would surely have chucked it into his own net.

Of course, it could just be that the knee jerk reactionaries have got it wrong again....[;)]

[/quote]Heheh, to be fair to R.Martin he had a stonker yesterday, well first half anyways. He had Dyer and Sinclair , both faster than a wippet with dynamite up their asses running at him and he kept them out everytime, sure Korey Smith is the unsung hero here as well as he was supporting Marin heavily but credit where it was due to be fair to Martin.The only people who I would have argued were not all that hot yesterday were Hoolhan who had a knightmare, Surman , Holt wasnt particularly great other than the cross to Jackson and Chris Martin talked himself into the book and deserved it !

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Welcome back mate.

You have actually landed in a different time and a different Norwich.

This one is where the manager actually knows what he is doing and buys suitable players.

Those players will always be rubbish and not fit to lace the Doc''s corsetts!![;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ermmm....Holt passed the ball to Mcnamee - and Mcnamee was the last player in a yellow shirt to touch the ball before it was deflected by an opposition player - into the Swansea net...

So then, who''s right?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Welcome back Beau [:)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ermmm....Holt passed the ball to Mcnamee - and Mcnamee was the last player in a yellow shirt to touch the ball before it was deflected by an opposition player - into the Swansea net...

So then, who''s right?

[/quote]

Lets call it a draw before Nana adds another 300 posts to the thread.

As much as I hate that Nana is right, he obviously is!

Claiming Holt as the assist-er because he was the second to last City player to touch the ball is very pedantic!

Plus this would mean that he assisted Mcnamee to score, when we all no he clearly didnt score!

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Claiming Holt as the assist-er because he was the second to last City player to touch the ball is very pedantic!

Plus this would mean that he assisted Mcnamee to score, when we all no he clearly didnt score!

[/quote]

The ''assist'' as a statistic - attributed to the player who last touched the ball before the goalscorer -  is in my view a particularly a particularly ''non-useful'' American concept.

Even TV replays these days are becoming ''Americanised'' - often truncated to the goalscorer and the ''assist'' instead of showing the last few passe/incidents that created the goal.

Holt and MacNamee made/created City''s first first (inadvertently deflected into his own goal by Williams).

RMartin and Holt made/created the second (for Jackson who applied a sublime finish).

OTBC

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

The ''assist'' as a statistic - attributed to the player who last touched the ball before the goalscorer -  is in my view a particularly a particularly ''non-useful'' American concept.

Even TV replays these days are becoming ''Americanised'' - often truncated to the goalscorer and the ''assist'' instead of showing the last few passe/incidents that created the goal.

Holt and MacNamee made/created City''s first first (inadvertently deflected into his own goal by Williams).

RMartin and Holt made/created the second (for Jackson who applied a sublime finish).

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

Talking shite again. An assist is an assist, the pass/header/cross/whatever from the last player to the goalscorer. With your method just how far do you want to go back? No, mello is wrong, Nana is right,  it was technically MacNamee with the "assist".

BTW, it was CMartin who stole the ball to set Holt on his way.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

Lets see, you go away and we win games, care for another holiday?

[:D]

[/quote]

[:D][Y]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="CDMullins"]

Garbage

[/quote]

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

Technically the soft yellow fruit is right about the definition of an assist, but morally I would contend that the multicoloured underpants have it, for the good reasons given by the 1959 Pink Un headline.

This open pale picket''s really chafing my behind.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Talking shite again. An assist is an assist, the pass/header/cross/whatever from the last player to the goalscorer. With your method just how far do you want to go back? No, mello is wrong, Nana is right,  it was technically MacNamee with the "assist".

BTW, it was CMartin who stole the ball to set Holt on his way.

[/quote]

If you like the tabloid approach that''s fine. Slam, bang, thankyou ma''am? 

Me I prefer the foreplay - and some context.

[:)]

OTBC

I completely agree with Bly here. If Michael Nelson embarks on a mazy eighty yard dribble beating every opponent twice before laying the ball off to Chris Martin, who in turn passes to Grant Holt who taps the ball in then who gets the assist? If we cut a team to ribbons with an expansive passing move where every player is involved does only the penultimate player to touch the ball get an assist?

Assists are useful for people who want to ''prove'' that one player is better than another on an internet forum by using stats. But in reality they tell you almost nothing about a players true worth to the team.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Shack said: If Michael Nelson embarks on a mazy eighty yard dribble beating every opponent twice ....blimey.[/quote]How''s that dead bird of yours?Is he better now?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]It wasn''t that. It was just that Lambert saw sense and played Ruddy at right-back and Russell Martin in goal...[:D][:P][;)][:D]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

It wasn''t that. It was just that Lambert saw sense and played Ruddy at right-back and Russell Martin in goal...[:D][:P][;)][:D]
[/quote]

So much for you as an accurate store of history or valuable reference point, then.

[;)]

OTBC