Sign in to follow this  
George Smiley

Who has had the best playing career , Lambert or Keano?

One of the reasons why Lambert would never lose the dressing room i think would be the fact that he can always point to his Champions League medal and say Jack Charlton style "When you have got one of these (world cup winners medal), then you can argue with me".

It is actually hard to say who has been the most successful when you scrutinize their playing careers.I doubt that Lambert would have left the Jocks in the lurch on the eve of a World Cup however.

It''s got to be Keane hasn''t it?

I''m not saying that it makes him a better manager, but prem titles, FA Cups and the Champions League are hard to argue with when it comes to playing career.

People will obviously plump for Keane, as the English league is alot more ''attractive'' than the SPL.

Lambert had a great career though, and winning in Europe with Dortmund is in my opinion a greater achievment than in Europe with Manchester Untied.

Truth is, it''s immaterial these days, as we have by far the better manager, and almost certainly a nicer guy to boot!

Lambert has won the Champions league, SPL 4 times, SPL runners up 5 times, 4 Scottish cups, Runners up once, 4 Scottish league cups, once runners up and runners up in UEFA Cup runner up once.

Keane has won 7 Premier Leagues, 4 FA Cups, 4 Community Shields, 1 Champions league, 1 SPL and 1 Scottish league cup. 2 Great players, but hard to compare as Lambert never had the chance in England (which I find strange!). Lambert is definately the better manager and person though!

They were both excellent players who have won a lot of honours. But for me it has to be Roy Keane. As for who is the better manager. Lets just say that is much more clear cut!

Don''t forget, Lambert''s career is "boring for everyone else except my own memories and for my family."

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Wasn''t Keane suspended for the Champions League Final in 99??[/quote]

He still got a medal Duncan Edwards. Rightly so seeings he was such an integral part to them getting to the final. Still a **** though.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Wasn''t Keane suspended for the Champions League Final in 99??[/quote]

Very good point - he was!

He is also a total scunn bag! I was looking on youtube yesterday funnily enough and talking about that horror tackle of Alfie Haagland (or however its spelt) - if this alone - I detest the bloke!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]it doesn''t matter.[/quote]

How does it not matter? He didn''t play in the final which actually won the game! Fair enough he helped get them to the final, but its a valid point...still hate him!

Yes but hes still a Champions League Winner!

Infact his display in Juventus is one of the greatest midfield performances of all time, if not the best!

These 2 cannot be compared in my opinion. Lambert wouldnt be fit to lace Keanes boots.

Keane was consistantly class for many years, He was United''s engine room and the best midfielder in the country.

Would I swap Lamert for Keane now....Hell NO!

[quote user="CallsignViper"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Wasn''t Keane suspended for the Champions League Final in 99??[/quote] He still got a medal Duncan Edwards. Rightly so seeings he was such an integral part to them getting to the final. Still a **** though.[/quote]

yeah he was. But keano was such an important player.