Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Enough Already ! How many threads about ticket prices

I really don''t think some of you deserve a club to support.

What would you have said if we sold Holt and Hoolahan and didnt replace them ?

The money has been invested in the extra seats because casual fans were moaning they couldn''t get in, they need to be paid for.

If we do not sell out every game so what , we are in the company of most other clubs in the country. reduce the prices and that is a slap in the faces of those that made a commitment for the season making season tickets poorer value for money.

As I have explained elsewhere I bought my season tickets knowing I couldn''t get to every game but not wanting to be in the situation I was last year (first year for 20 years without a season ticket and struggling to get a ticket for some matches)

You have three choices, buy a season ticket , pay the going price for a ticket , go and do something else instead.

If we were charging QPR prices I could understand. Get over it

The thing that bothers me is, all these people that moan about the price of tickets, I am sure they spend plenty of money of things like Alcohol, Days out, trips to pubs and clubs etc, music concerts etc etc etc.

There would not be a need for all these threads if:-

1) the club were a bit more upfront with just how many grade A and A* games there are going to be.

2) if they had not given it the big un about installing 1000 extra seats, which so far have proved to be a waste of time.

3) if they were not ripping fans of by over charging for upgrades.

4) If they had not introduced a booking fee without actually telling anyone.

5) if all seats were sold week in week out, the prices are clearly not working yet they continue to grade teams such as Hull as A.

The reason I continue to discuss this issue is I really do not want NCFC to end up like Preston, Coventry and the like with a half empty ground, it does nothing to add to the atmosphere at Carrow Road.

If you dont want to discuss ticket prices dont click on the threads.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

If empty seats mean that prices are too expensive, does a full stadium mean that they are too cheap?

[/quote]Wow man, thats deep.[:D]

[quote user="Ren"]There would not be a need for all these threads if:- 1) the club were a bit more upfront with just how many grade A and A* games there are going to be. 2) if they had not given it the big un about installing 1000 extra seats, which so far have proved to be a waste of time. 3) if they were not ripping fans of by over charging for upgrades. 4) If they had not introduced a booking fee without actually telling anyone. 5) if all seats were sold week in week out, the prices are clearly not working yet they continue to grade teams such as Hull as A. The reason I continue to discuss this issue is I really do not want NCFC to end up like Preston, Coventry and the like with a half empty ground, it does nothing to add to the atmosphere at Carrow Road. If you dont want to discuss ticket prices dont click on the threads.[/quote]

Exactly. I agree with McNally that prices need to be in line with other teams because we obviously want to compete financially with other teams in the division. So I am not advocating kids for a quid or anything daft like that. We are well past those dark days in terms of attendance. However this does have to be combined with a little of bit of caution. I think our fanbase and the fact that Carrow Road is full every week distinguishes us from a lot of clubs in the dvision who have these standard off the shelf stadiums which are half full all the time. It is one of the main reasons players join the club along with the training ground so we cant afford to jeopardise one our main selling points.

I see what you mean about the "Sellout stadium" tag being a vital selling point. Didn''t Elliot Ward say in the season''s preview magazine interview the main reason he chose us over one or two other clubs was because we were the only ones who get a full stadium week in week out?

I think it''s vital the club do whatever they can to find the balance between staying competitive with the rest of the clubs in this divisionb, and considering the fanbase, because seeing whole sections of empty seats for what was our first home Saturday afternoon fixture was slightly worrying.

But there are rather a lot of threads about ticket prices and how folk feel the club has got it wrong. Then there''s the thread where Nelly''s the weakest link and that quaint little thread about the old days and Tilly''s Nest[;)]

There''s not much about the fact that City are currently showing promotion form by averaging 2 points per game and still in all Cup competitions. Early days I know! But I bet 1 point from 6 would have caused a huge reaction on here about relegation form!

Still, I guess like "letters to the editor", folk are moved to post when they feel hard done by.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But there are rather a lot of threads about ticket prices and how folk feel the club has got it wrong. Then there''s the thread where Nelly''s the weakest link and that quaint little thread about the old days and Tilly''s Nest[;)]

There''s not much about the fact that City are currently showing promotion form by averaging 2 points per game and still in all Cup competitions. Early days I know! But I bet 1 point from 6 would have caused a huge reaction on here about relegation form!

Still, I guess like "letters to the editor", folk are moved to post when they feel hard done by.

[/quote]

Don''t mention promotion!! However much would the tickets be in the Prem...

Bottom line is if the prices really are too expensive then attendances will drop off and the club will have to react. The fact that we had 24000ish people there on saturday for a game which a large number of posters on here claim was too expensive suggests that maybe the club haven''t got things so wrong after all

[quote user="Ren"]There would not be a need for all these threads if:- 1) the club were a bit more upfront with just how many grade A and A* games there are going to be. 2) if they had not given it the big un about installing 1000 extra seats, which so far have proved to be a waste of time. 3) if they were not ripping fans of by over charging for upgrades. 4) If they had not introduced a booking fee without actually telling anyone. 5) if all seats were sold week in week out, the prices are clearly not working yet they continue to grade teams such as Hull as A. The reason I continue to discuss this issue is I really do not want NCFC to end up like Preston, Coventry and the like with a half empty ground, it does nothing to add to the atmosphere at Carrow Road. If you dont want to discuss ticket prices dont click on the threads.[/quote]

Well said. How ironic that KG should start yet another thread about ticket prices. Give me strength!

[quote user="Daz"]The thing that bothers me is, all these people that moan about the price of tickets, I am sure they spend plenty of money of things like Alcohol, Days out, trips to pubs and clubs etc, music concerts etc etc etc.
[/quote]

Tell me about it. How dare these people have other interests. Don''t they know that football is the most important thing in the world.

[:|]

Right well if we''re 3000 seats short? (ish)

We''ll call it 20,000 season tickets for arguments sake.

We then have 7,000 left to sell right.

Away fans- 1000

750 Adults at £30- £22500

250 Kids at £15- £3750

That''s 6,000 left for casual fans. Currently we''re selling somewhere between 3-4000. For argument sake we''ll call it 3500

2625 Adult Tickets £30 - £78750

875 Kids- £15- £13125

£118,125

If we cut ticket price and fill the other 2,500

Tickets at £20 and £10 at the same ratio of 3:1 (Adults:Kids)

Kids 1750- £17,500

Adults- 5250- £105,000

By my quick maths session, you can see that by cutting prices by a third, which I suppose is an acceptable amount, the amount of profit generated is on par, considering policing, stewarding, extra staff etc etc.

It''s just not worth cutting prices, who cares if we fill the stadium, we all know that if Norwich are challenging the top half of the table this season we''ll sell out at £30 quid or whatever, so stop complaining and lets enjoy playing some good footballing teams, the quality of football has increased no end, so why shouldn''t the price.

[quote user="Viva_Marc_Libbra"]Right well if we''re 3000 seats short? (ish)

We''ll call it 20,000 season tickets for arguments sake.

We then have 7,000 left to sell right.

Away fans- 1000

750 Adults at £30- £22500

250 Kids at £15- £3750

That''s 6,000 left for casual fans. Currently we''re selling somewhere between 3-4000. For argument sake we''ll call it 3500

2625 Adult Tickets £30 - £78750

875 Kids- £15- £13125

£118,125

If we cut ticket price and fill the other 2,500

Tickets at £20 and £10 at the same ratio of 3:1 (Adults:Kids)

Kids 1750- £17,500

Adults- 5250- £105,000

By my quick maths session, you can see that by cutting prices by a third, which I suppose is an acceptable amount, the amount of profit generated is on par, considering policing, stewarding, extra staff etc etc.

It''s just not worth cutting prices, who cares if we fill the stadium, we all know that if Norwich are challenging the top half of the table this season we''ll sell out at £30 quid or whatever, so stop complaining and lets enjoy playing some good footballing teams, the quality of football has increased no end, so why shouldn''t the price.[/quote]And, all said and done, no one can guarantee that if we cut prices more people will actually come.Thats the the thing about being a fan of something, it doesn''t necessarily follow logic, people will moan and gripe, but if they really want to go they will pay the price.It could be likened to being a crack addict lol.

We make a few thousand £''s more by cutting prices, and that''s only if we completely sell out, I mean cutting it by £2/3 won''t encourage any fans, it needs to be atleast £5, and then we''ll always be short anyway, I can''t remember the last time a game has ever been completely sold out, probably Ipswich, and my mate managed to get a ticket on the door on the Sunday, so there are always a cheeky few going spare.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="Daz"]The thing that bothers me is, all these people that moan about the price of tickets, I am sure they spend plenty of money of things like Alcohol, Days out, trips to pubs and clubs etc, music concerts etc etc etc.
[/quote]

Tell me about it. How dare these people have other interests. Don''t they know that football is the most important thing in the world.

[/quote]

Ha ha, my thoughts exactly. It''s a cardinal sin to be interested in anything else other than football. What kind of bore likes to go for days out, trips to pubs and clubs etc etc. How tiresome they must be!!

[quote user="morty"]What? Another thread about ticket prices?

[;)]
[/quote]

Morty why do I get the feeling you are just trying to celebrate 10,000 posts? If you cannot find anything sensible to say why don''t you just shut up?

[quote user="Dan Druff"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha ha, my thoughts exactly. It''s a cardinal sin to be interested in anything else other than football. What kind of bore likes to go for days out, trips to pubs and clubs etc etc. How tiresome they must be!!

[/quote]

Just the other day I witnessed my neighbour, who claims to be a City fan who can''t afford tickets, unloading food from his car to feed his family. Surely he could give up such luxuries if he really wanted to go to Carrow Road? THESE FAIR WEATHER FANS MAKE ME SICK!!!!111!!!eleven!1!2[8o|]

[;)]

[quote user="Bobert"]

[quote user="morty"]What? Another thread about ticket prices?[;)][/quote]

Morty why do I get the feeling you are just trying to celebrate 10,000 posts? If you cannot find anything sensible to say why don''t you just shut up?

[/quote]Or why don''t you and go take your face for a sh1t?[:)]

[quote user="Bobert"]

[;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Because it''s a forum maybe and people will express their views whether you like it or not.  If you don''t like what he, I or others post, ignore them, its not difficult [;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bobert"]

[;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Or why don''t you and go take your face for a sh1t?

[:)]
[/quote]

LMAO so subtle

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bobert"]

[quote user="morty"]What? Another thread about ticket prices?[;)][/quote]

[/quote]Or why don''t you and go take your face for a sh1t?[:)][/quote]

LMAO so subtle

[/quote]I don''t do subtle.[:)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="Daz"]The thing that bothers me is, all these people that moan about the price of tickets, I am sure they spend plenty of money of things like Alcohol, Days out, trips to pubs and clubs etc, music concerts etc etc etc.[/quote]

[/quote]To the hard core fan, it is the most important thing in the world.

[quote user="Daz"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To the hard core fan, it is the most important thing in the world.
[/quote]

''Hard core fan'' or mentally unstable?

It''s only a game.

[:D]

[quote user="Daz"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="Daz"]The thing that bothers me is, all these people that moan about the price of tickets, I am sure they spend plenty of money of things like Alcohol, Days out, trips to pubs and clubs etc, music concerts etc etc etc.[/quote]

[/quote]To the hard core fan, it is the most important thing in the world.[/quote]Please tell me you are kidding with that comment…?

If you look back at threads in April / May you will see casual supporters claimimg our support week in and week out is 35000. Dream on it is around 23500. To get many more than this it seems we need to be playing Ipswich / Leeds ( teams that take their full allocation ) or be top of the league. Without meaning to be rude I dont think people contributeing to a lot of these threads are actually telling the truth. If you read their posts they indicate they go to most games, but will now pick and choose because of the prices. The strange thing is they say they will be going to watch the Ipswich game ect which will be A * so you will give the club more income anyway for the same amount of games. Why then did we not have massive gates last year when the seats were cheaper, but bigger gates for catergory A games. If you go to more than half the games why did you not get a season ticket it would have been cheaper and no booking fees or membership to pay. There is one part of this that does not fit and that is after the Barnsley game I think you will find that like for like against the first 3 league games of last season Norwich supporters attending games will be up by around 5%. So either most of the people complaining about the casual prices only started attending games last year once we were top of the league or getting into the championship has seen a large number of new fans coming to FCR that did not previously attend but are happy to pay big bucks even when we are not top. Of course the club can always reduce prices to fill the seats but for games such as Swansea would we really have sold out or would we have seen a few extra fans costing us a huge amount of revenue. If McNally put on some cheap games will you all give a garuntee that you will fill every seat ? or do us that have bought season tickets have to see cheap seats sold lost revenue and sell all our star players ? Cheap seats were sold to season ticket holders, but we effectively gave a garuntee that we would be there every week not just 5 or 6 games a season.

As far as booking fees membership ect go this is something charged by most clubs. Lots charge upwards of £1.50 per ticket not per transaction. Most monthly installment plans for season tickets are done over 10 months and carry anything from a flat fee of £15 - £50 to interest rates rangeing from 19 % to 29%. Some are saying McNally has got it wrong, I say it was Doncaster. He offered ridiculously cheap football reduceing the price further by getting the club to pay package and postage and also paying a fee on each transaction to credit card companies / banks. I cant remember seeing a min charge for a credit / debit card so a £1 ticket sold could have cost the club 30p postage Â£1 charge by bank for card transation and 50p  ? printing staff paper ect. No wonder we were so much in debt.  He then invested heavily in crap but highly paid players that were not bothered about this club. McNallys only crime is to try to keep the club afloat and at the same time set out a realistic business plan to steady the ship. He has to get in certain revenue, not certain crowds, so yes he can reduce drastically casual prices but that will need to be covered elsewhere ie season tickets will increase even more than they are going to increase next season. McNally has to garuntee our creditors a certain club income or they will recall loans. If he doubled season ticket prices and charged £40 a seat we would stiil get 10000 supporters but our income would not decrease. Come on guys you get what you pay for, you pay a pound for something that should cost £5 and you expect it to fall apart. Cheap seats Doncasters policy = league 1 football higher prices mean championship football with a chance of premiership football. Decreasing the casual prices means increasing season tickets drastically. If lots do not renew then we are back to square one. If Doncaster was still here I am convinced we would now be in administration as his ridiculos business plan of cheap football for all and still trying to succeed on the pitch was flawed.   

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]I really don''t think some of you deserve a club to support. What would you have said if we sold Holt and Hoolahan and didnt replace them ? The money has been invested in the extra seats because casual fans were moaning they couldn''t get in, they need to be paid for. If we do not sell out every game so what , we are in the company of most other clubs in the country. reduce the prices and that is a slap in the faces of those that made a commitment for the season making season tickets poorer value for money. As I have explained elsewhere I bought my season tickets knowing I couldn''t get to every game but not wanting to be in the situation I was last year (first year for 20 years without a season ticket and struggling to get a ticket for some matches) You have three choices, buy a season ticket , pay the going price for a ticket , go and do something else instead. If we were charging QPR prices I could understand. Get over it[/quote]

Good I''m glad their are lots of threads about our over the top casual ticket prices!

Yes casual prices should be higher than season ticket prices but not this high for games against non attractive oppostion!

These over the top prices have cost the club 1000 extra paying spectators in both the Watford and Swansea games I reckon!

These high prices are only justifiable when we''re playing the S cum. Leeds, play off game or ganmes where promotion/ titles are decided!

We needed price increases but they have gone to far with these prices, afterall their are other things in life other than watching Norwich that need paying for!

You only have to look at the club down the A140 to see what a number of seasons of over the top ticket prices have done to ATT''s!

I just hope that season ticket prices aren''t hiked up too much or more of the crowd will be lost!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]I really don''t think some of you deserve a club to support. What would you have said if we sold Holt and Hoolahan and didnt replace them ? The money has been invested in the extra seats because casual fans were moaning they couldn''t get in, they need to be paid for. If we do not sell out every game so what , we are in the company of most other clubs in the country. reduce the prices and that is a slap in the faces of those that made a commitment for the season making season tickets poorer value for money. As I have explained elsewhere I bought my season tickets knowing I couldn''t get to every game but not wanting to be in the situation I was last year (first year for 20 years without a season ticket and struggling to get a ticket for some matches) You have three choices, buy a season ticket , pay the going price for a ticket , go and do something else instead. If we were charging QPR prices I could understand. Get over it[/quote]

Good I''m glad their are lots of threads about our over the top casual ticket prices!

Yes casual prices should be higher than season ticket prices but not this high for games against non attractive oppostion!

These over the top prices have cost the club 1000 extra paying spectators in both the Watford and Swansea games I reckon!

These high prices are only justifiable when we''re playing the S cum. Leeds, play off game or ganmes where promotion/ titles are decided!

We needed price increases but they have gone to far with these prices, afterall their are other things in life other than watching Norwich that need paying for!

You only have to look at the club down the A140 to see what a number of seasons of over the top ticket prices have done to ATT''s!

I just hope that season ticket prices aren''t hiked up too much or more of the crowd will be lost!

[/quote]

Please will somebody explain to me why our gates are up re sales to Norwich supporters based on a like for like basis against last year and people are saying our gates are falling ? You are comparing the gates to a limited number of games such as Leeds and a few games where we needed a few points for promotion. Take into account the number of Colchester supporters and I think you will find more Norwich supporters than ever are attending.