Sign in to follow this  
Delia Out!

Blackburn Predictions?

[quote user="McCanary"]1 -0 to us. Late winner from Jackson. Have you lot got no faith in your team?[/quote]

So saying that we think we will lose away against a Premiership side shows we have no faith in our team? Surely its just common sense that a mid-table premiership team is highly favoured to beat a recently promoted championship side...at home? Theres faith, and blind faith. Not to suggest we cant win tonight, its just unlikely.

2-0 Blackburn, and will hope we put in a good performance.

I would expect Blackburn to win, but you never know they might field a weakened side; so let''s take a punt at a 2-1 City win and hope we get a home tie for the next round.

Big, big gulf between mid-table Premiership and ''hoping to do well'' Championship side.  I really hope I''m wrong, but am expecting 3-0 City defeat.  Forest game more important and maybe we can avoid Premiership opposition for a couple of rounds longer in the FA Cup. 

Taking off my yellow and green spectacles and being realistic I reckon 3-0 to BlackburnPutting on my yellow and green spectacles and being totaly unrealistic 2-1 to City

Here''s a trivia question (whose answer I don''t know!) for people - why did PL say in his pre-match interview that we''d never visited Ewood Park before? I assume he meant his particular management team hadn''t..?

[quote user="morty"]Can''t say I''m overly arsed lol.A win would be nice, and keeping the winning habit would be good, and getting fringe players involved in the absence of a reserve league would be handy, and we may make some cash.So, on balance, a win would be good, but if we lost I certainly wouldn''t lose much sleep, I would take 3 points on Saturday at Forest over a win tonight.[:)][/quote]

Can''t be arsed ffs! [:@] I get incredibly irate by this attitude that the League Cup doesn''t matter, especially from older fans like yourself who should know better -- a run in the cup is good revenue and winning the fu*cker is actually qualification for the UEFA Cup - two pretty major reasons to want to do well in the competition I''d say.Of course Lambert is hoping the likes of Fox, Lappin & Askou will be out to impress this evening, but I''m a little peeved he''s resting form players, especially so early in the season - surely fitness levels of professional footballers are high enough to cope with three matches in eight days ffs.Let us football fans who care about the League Cup hope that Lambert''s gamble pays off with the selected players playing out of their skins to advance in what IS a very important competition.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"]Can''t say I''m overly arsed lol.

A win would be nice, and keeping the winning habit would be good, and getting fringe players involved in the absence of a reserve league would be handy, and we may make some cash.

So, on balance, a win would be good, but if we lost I certainly wouldn''t lose much sleep, I would take 3 points on Saturday at Forest over a win tonight.

[:)]
[/quote]

Can''t be arsed ffs! [:@] I get incredibly irate by this attitude that the League Cup doesn''t matter, especially from older fans like yourself who should know better -- a run in the cup is good revenue and winning the fu*cker is actually qualification for the UEFA Cup - two pretty major reasons to want to do well in the competition I''d say.

Of course Lambert is hoping the likes of Fox, Lappin & Askou will be out to impress this evening, but I''m a little peeved he''s resting form players, especially so early in the season - surely fitness levels of professional footballers are high enough to cope with three matches in eight days ffs.

Let us football fans who care about the League Cup hope that Lambert''s gamble pays off with the selected players playing out of their skins to advance in what IS a very important competition.
[/quote]

I agree with you Shyster [:O]

If we were going all out for promotion this year then I accept that the league would take precedence, but imo promotion this year is neither possible nor desirable. 

I think Blackburn have looked good so far, so i''m just hoping for good performance. But you never know at the moment we seem to have a team that dont give up till +90 mins.

Maybe 2-1 blackburn,

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"]Can''t say I''m overly arsed lol.A win would be nice, and keeping the winning habit would be good, and getting fringe players involved in the absence of a reserve league would be handy, and we may make some cash.So, on balance, a win would be good, but if we lost I certainly wouldn''t lose much sleep, I would take 3 points on Saturday at Forest over a win tonight.[:)][/quote]

Can''t be arsed ffs! [:@] I get incredibly irate by this attitude that the League Cup doesn''t matter, especially from older fans like yourself who should know better -- a run in the cup is good revenue and winning the fu*cker is actually qualification for the UEFA Cup - two pretty major reasons to want to do well in the competition I''d say.Of course Lambert is hoping the likes of Fox, Lappin & Askou will be out to impress this evening, but I''m a little peeved he''s resting form players, especially so early in the season - surely fitness levels of professional footballers are high enough to cope with three matches in eight days ffs.Let us football fans who care about the League Cup hope that Lambert''s gamble pays off with the selected players playing out of their skins to advance in what IS a very important competition.[/quote]I think you need a word with Mrs Shyster. You seem to be storing up a lot of pent up tension.[;)]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"]Can''t say I''m overly arsed lol.A win would be nice, and keeping the winning habit would be good, and getting fringe players involved in the absence of a reserve league would be handy, and we may make some cash.So, on balance, a win would be good, but if we lost I certainly wouldn''t lose much sleep, I would take 3 points on Saturday at Forest over a win tonight.[:)][/quote]

Can''t be arsed ffs! [:@] I get incredibly irate by this attitude that the League Cup doesn''t matter, especially from older fans like yourself who should know better -- a run in the cup is good revenue and winning the fu*cker is actually qualification for the UEFA Cup - two pretty major reasons to want to do well in the competition I''d say.Of course Lambert is hoping the likes of Fox, Lappin & Askou will be out to impress this evening, but I''m a little peeved he''s resting form players, especially so early in the season - surely fitness levels of professional footballers are high enough to cope with three matches in eight days ffs.Let us football fans who care about the League Cup hope that Lambert''s gamble pays off with the selected players playing out of their skins to advance in what IS a very important competition.[/quote]

I agree with you Shyster [:O]

If we were going all out for promotion this year then I accept that the league would take precedence, but imo promotion this year is neither possible nor desirable. 

[/quote]So if promotion is achievable, in my mind, does that make my view of the cup more relevant?

I said earlier that I think we''ll lose, but I don''t really have much of a clue for scoreline forecasts.

However I reckon I can accurately predict the post-match reaction from the managers

PL: "The lads that have come in have done terrific ..."

SA: "This was a potential banana skin, and I told my lads to do a job for me tonight ... (followed by the usual old cr*p)"

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]

1-0 City, we''ll grab an early goal, Blackburn will be all over us, though Mr. Ruddy will continue to build on his weekend heroics with a terrific goalkeeping display!

SP

[/quote]

You''re nice and positive [:)]