Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Lass

Blackburn Rovers v Norwich City Official Thread...

Can''t believe coach left at 12.30 today to get there... i''m going 3-1 blackburn tonite, please city prove me wrong... any team news yet?

I wonder who will be taking Nelsons place, anyone heard how is scan went today?

How fast do you imagine a coach goes? lol  Blackburn from Norwich is quite a distance (267 miles) it takes about 3 to 3 and a 1/2 hours in a car, plus stops on the way, plus traffic, roadworks etc.

There won''t be much team news for a few hours, the KO isn''t until 8pm.

Not heard anything about Admiral. [:)]

blackburn thought that david beckham would join them

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1305725/David-Beckham-join-Blackburn-says-Rovers-boss-Sam-Allardyce.html?

[quote user="First Wizard"]What makes this an ''Official'' thread?[/quote]its the only thread that isn''t just asking for peoples predictions so therefore its official...[:S] thats just some lame guess [:P]

I just hope we don''t get utterly annihilated.  I also see it has to be decided on the night.  What I don''t get, with the seeding carry-on, surely the lower league side should get home advantage.  I suppose it''s the ususal premier league arrogance; let the little teams come and play us, they won''t win so let them have a day out at a big club.

[quote user="AndyJR"]I just hope we don''t get utterly annihilated.  I also see it has to be decided on the night.  What I don''t get, with the seeding carry-on, surely the lower league side should get home advantage.  I suppose it''s the ususal premier league arrogance; let the little teams come and play us, they won''t win so let them have a day out at a big club.
[/quote]

its a draw out of a hat i think?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]What makes this an ''Official'' thread?[/quote]its the only thread that isn''t just asking for peoples predictions so therefore its official...[:S] thats just some lame guess [:P]

[/quote]Odd logic that nana, mind, it is you.[:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]Odd logic that nana, mind, it is you.[:S][/quote]

well i don''t see your guess to why this is the official thread [;)][:P]

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]Last Meeting was 12th Feb 2005 http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10355~27623,00.html 3-0 loss :([/quote]

that was the prem season [y]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]I just hope we don''t get utterly annihilated.  I also see it has to be decided on the night.  What I don''t get, with the seeding carry-on, surely the lower league side should get home advantage.  I suppose it''s the ususal premier league arrogance; let the little teams come and play us, they won''t win so let them have a day out at a big club. [/quote]

its a draw out of a hat i think?

[/quote]Nope, the way it was done, although we could have played a variety of teams, whoever game out of the hat, we would be playing away. (As far as I can see in anycase).

I actually hope he plays quite a few of the regulars. If Blackburn rest a few players there might be a decent result to be had tonight. We have not had a decent cup run since Martin O''Neill in the mid 90s so hopefully his apprentice can give us one.

[quote user="Yarmyed"]I actually hope he plays quite a few of the regulars. If Blackburn rest a few players there might be a decent result to be had tonight. We have not had a decent cup run since Martin O''Neill in the mid 90s so hopefully his apprentice can give us one.[/quote]I would prefer a good fa cup run rather than carling cup though [y]

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="Yarmyed"]I actually hope he plays quite a few of the regulars. If Blackburn rest a few players there might be a decent result to be had tonight. We have not had a decent cup run since Martin O''Neill in the mid 90s so hopefully his apprentice can give us one.[/quote]I would prefer a good fa cup run rather than carling cup though [y][/quote]

True but given our shocking cup form Nana I am not gonna be fussy!

Hoping Big Sam will rest a few players, they''ve had a decent start of the season, racked up a win on the opening day, picked up a few injuries against Birmingham and have one of their biggest games at Arsenal coming up at the weekend.

Gonna be tough for us regardless of the lineup I think, probably a 2-1 win for Blackburn, but I wouldn''t mind us sneaking some more late goals ;)

[quote user="AndyJR"]Nope, the way it was done, although we could have played a variety of teams, whoever game out of the hat, we would be playing away. (As far as I can see in anycase).[/quote]A pre-draw took place (so as not to bore Prem fans with the mundane process of picking out the small-fry clubs in the main live draw) to determine half of the "unseeded" teams to play at home and half of them to play away. We got unlucky.

Good Evening everyone, hope everyone is well.Looking forward to tonight, just wacked Radio Snorefolk on. Build up just starting.Anything is possible in cup football, you never know. Both teams to make changes, will be interesting to see the teams.OTBC!!!

It''s an absolute joke that they seeded the draw. It should just be a free for all so that anyone can play anyone. I agree with not bringing in the top clubs until later in the competition but what''s the point in doing that if the lower teams are unseeded. Chances are the seeded teams will win all of the second round games and you''re just left with the precious c***s of the premier league.