Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Marcus Evans - a pic

Apparently this is him -http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1305535/CHARLES-SALE-Newcastle-stars-bonus-battle-led-Kevin-Nolan-Alan-Smith-Steve-Harper.htmlscroll down beyond the Newcastle story and there he is - bloke in front of edgar DavidsI do hope no naughty person lifts this picture to use for some caption competition that pokes fun at the binners, or simply posts the pic here

nb, cynics might suggest that iEvans is the person sitting in the red seat behind Davids !

Shifty looking character, if you ask me.

[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/article-1305535-0ADF2CA8000005DC-495_468x286.jpg[/IMG]

Is it really him?  I''m not sure i trust the daily wail. Especially when they write stuff like this...Marcus Evans , the highly secretive Ipswich owner who goes to extreme

lengths not to be photographed, has been caught on camera unwittingly

for the first time because he was sitting in the row in front of Edgar

Davids at Selhurst Park on Saturday watching his team beat Crystal

Palace.
He goes to EXTREME lengths not to be photographed but then goes and sits in the stands to watch a football match. Where he is ''uwittingly'' caught on camera. Doh!

your finger appears to have missed the letter t when writing the word shifty, young Mortimeryou hit the letter f instead

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Awesome comb over. Is the guy on the left of Edgar Davids his bodyguard, do you think?[/quote]Looks as if that could be Palace''s other new signing Pablo Counago to me .

Would not be too much of a surprise as the collapsible spaniard usually spends much of the game sat on his a*** !

An old acquiantance did some work for him many many years ago, and may be able to confirm if it is him in the picture. And before you all ask it was nothing to do with ticket touting, arms and was well before he was associated with them down the A140.

I''ll report back on whether it really is him.

The guy on the left of Davids is Pablo Counago. That is 100 per cent Evans. I have seen another picture of him before that was pixelated and used in the media. They are the same person judging by the unpixelated version I saw.

Certainly looks gormless enough to be a scummer.  And if that`s his missus next to him, it just goes to show money can`t buy you everything....[+o(]

Can''t believe its taking this long to get a piccie of him in the papers, he''s apparently been to several games home and away.

It''s most likely that the rest of football doesn''t share the binners self delusion of how important they are, hence little interest in get a picture. Undoubtedly the local rags have been ''asked'' by the club to respect Evans privacy and have willing obliged.One of the journalists who does run stories that suggests there is another story other than the usual "gawd blimey guv, we''re all far ken loaded innit, geezer" tosh is one Mel Henderson who works for the Daily Mail - and lately worked for the Evening Star. Freed of local editorial constraint Mel may wish to execise his true journalistic flair or just has a grudge against the club. Maybe a few more revelations will follow. Just makes you wonder why something so blindingly obvious has taken so long to be twigged.  There are still loads of binners still squeaking about signing Chopra ! The paupers will be lucky if they bring in a couple more loanees. £10m losses have to be cut somehow. Just wait until Mr Evans staring putting the squeeze on and getting the paupers to start to repay the debt. Poorman Road, no doubt, will rise up in a murmur of dissent, gawd bless'' em.

[quote user="City1st"]It''s most likely that the rest of football doesn''t share the binners self delusion of how important they are, hence little interest in get a picture. Undoubtedly the local rags have been ''asked'' by the club to respect Evans privacy and have willing obliged.

One of the journalists who does run stories that suggests there is another story other than the usual "gawd blimey guv, we''re all far ken loaded innit, geezer" tosh is one Mel Henderson who works for the Daily Mail - and lately worked for the Evening Star. Freed of local editorial constraint Mel may wish to execise his true journalistic flair or just has a grudge against the club. Maybe a few more revelations will follow.

Just makes you wonder why something so blindingly obvious has taken so long to be twigged.  There are still loads of binners still squeaking about signing Chopra ! The paupers will be lucky if they bring in a couple more loanees. £10m losses have to be cut somehow. Just wait until Mr Evans staring putting the squeeze on and getting the paupers to start to repay the debt. Poorman Road, no doubt, will rise up in a murmur of dissent, gawd bless'' em.

[/quote]

He wears a long blonde wig,

Sorry to disappoint. It''s Ian Milne, a board member.

Second one down on the who''s who page

http://www.itfc.co.uk/page/WhosWho/

[quote user="morty"]Shifty looking character, if you ask me.

[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/article-1305535-0ADF2CA8000005DC-495_468x286.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

Sources say that Edgar Davids was not best pleased at being seated behind members from the National “Looky Likey” club on their annual day out. Especially when Farrah Fawcett Major,  Bobby Charlton and Duncan “chase me “ Norvell impersonators told him he was the best Stevie Wonder they had seen this side of the Watford gap.

The one in the light coloured jacket IS NOT Milne - it''s the spiv Evans.

[quote user="City1st"]The one in the light coloured jacket IS NOT Milne - it''s the spiv Evans.

[/quote]

Both of the guys in the front row have light jackets! The light brown one is Ian Milne. He was introduced to Ipswich shareholders in Dec 2007 when the takeover took place. I know, I was there!

No idea who the guy in the blue jacket is. It could be Evans for all I know.

Aren''t you glad we don''t have a faceless, arms dealing, ticket tout in charge...... I am.

[quote user="Chabal"][quote user="City1st"]The one in the light coloured jacket IS NOT Milne - it''s the spiv Evans.

[/quote] Both of the guys in the front row have light jackets! The light brown one is Ian Milne. He was introduced to Ipswich shareholders in Dec 2007 when the takeover took place. I know, I was there! No idea who the guy in the blue jacket is. It could be Evans for all I know.[/quote]

The man ( in his 40''s) in the light jacket directly in front of Edgar David is the one we''re talking about, he looks nothing like Ian Milne who is 58 years old (according to your website ) or am I missing something?

Steady on CACan''t have reasoned thought being used in any discussion with a binner

ps good point though

The guy in the light jacket, with the sandy coloured hair holding the programme is Marcus Evans. 100% gauranteed.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Chabal"][quote user="City1st"]The one in the light coloured jacket IS NOT Milne - it''s the spiv Evans.

[/quote] Both of the guys in the front row have light jackets! The light brown one is Ian Milne. He was introduced to Ipswich shareholders in Dec 2007 when the takeover took place. I know, I was there! No idea who the guy in the blue jacket is. It could be Evans for all I know.[/quote]

The man ( in his 40''s) in the light jacket directly in front of Edgar David is the one we''re talking about, he looks nothing like Ian Milne who is 58 years old (according to your website ) or am I missing something?

[/quote]

Evans is in his 40''s, yes. Milne is 57 I think. I did see him in the flesh a couple of years ago (Milne, not Evans) and the guy in the light brown jacket with a bit of a comb-over is definitely Milne.

So Evans also uses the name Milne...