Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week three of the free bet season. The first two weeks have proved to be as difficult as any of the weeks we have encounted over the last four seasons. The weeks were so unpredictable that I believe that both Davo and Big Slob had very little chance of getting a result for us. I’m sure both will fare better when they get another chance. But now we must move on and concentrate on this week and it’s our good friend and free bet winner Scooby in charge and making the final selections. Scooby got his win in our World Cup selections and this is the first time he has made the final selections for us. Scooby was a World Cup picker because he finished 5th in our PUPs league with 34 correct naps from 37 picks. A strike rate of 92% which would have been good enough to win our competition in any previous year. I’ve been looking forward to this day ever since the end of last season and I dare not tell Billy how good Scooby until after he has priced up the selections! I will go with something like “Hello Billy, we’ve got a rookie picker this week so let’s see what you can do for us?”

But as I always say Scooby can only be as good as we allow him to be. It’s up to us PUPs to give him the ammunition he needs to get our first winning week of the season. Don’t forget all we want is your very best selection from the weekends games. Hopefully with a little more form to go on there won’t be so many upsets.

I’m still looking at Friday 3rd September for our presentation night. But I’m still waiting for confirmation of this date. We are still finalising the special guests we are trying to arrange to be there. One special guest who may now be able to come is our good friend Kev (Leeds Canary) and guests don’t come any more special than that! I will post again as soon as I have final confirmation.

I’ll hand the free bet over to Scooby now. Enjoy your week in charge, there’s no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get x2 by your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Scooby... the free bet is yours.......

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker2, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby yes Norfolkchance1 £959 for the Academy,so far.

Our presentation night is confirmed for Friday 3rd September at Bayer Social Club from 7:30pm. Ricky Martin and Neil Adams will both be present to receive the cheque on behalf of FONCY and of course to meet all you PUPs. The early start is because we need to do the presentation as close to 8pm as possible as Ricky Martin and his academy team have an 11am kick off at Tottenham the next day. And of course it leaves us plenty of time for a PUPs party[<:o)][B][B][B]

I hope loads of you can make it to support Billy and thank him for his generosity, and also for the presentation of our PUPs winners trophy. I think it will be another great PUPs night!

Porto over Beira Mar please.Porto went 12-3-0 at home last season, and opened this season with an away win. Beira are newly promoted having been out of the top flight for five yearsBest of luck Scooby.

OK, so this year has not started out too strong for NYC in the PUP''s league.  Well, I predict my losing streak will end as well as Blackpool''s winning streak at the hands of the Arse at Emirates.  Arsenal HOME WIN over Blackpool. Best of luck!

Well after having a disastrous start to the season and looking for my first win I''m hoping it''s third time lucky.

I made a minor error last week picking the wrong fixture but I will stick with me initial pick from last week and go for a Rosenborg home win against Molde.

Davo

Had an awful start to the season, so hoping my first win will come from the SPL on Sunday and

Celtic v St Mirren - Home Win

Good luck to all PUPs, and of course Scooby.

I will be, as Butlers are known to be, the first to predict a very good home win for our very own NCFC.

A bit if swanupmanship!

I''ll head off to Denmark again as its been good so far, for a Monday night game:

FC Midtjyland  -v-  FC Nordsjaelland   HOME WIN

Good Luck Scooby and all you Lovely PUPs[:D][Y] 

Well I''ve still got a little bit of early season-itis [+o(], but will go for the BSP this week:

Barrow -v- RUSHDEN & DIAMONDS    AWAY WIN

Barrow struggled last season in the BSP, only winning 13 of their 44 games, with a GD of -17.  Rushden & Diamonds lost out in the play-offs and won half of their games and lost 9, with a GD of +38.

Good Luck Scooby and all PUPs [Y][H]

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]As always, good luck to all. I''m going for Chelsea again, though I think this could be a real banana skin. Come on the PUPs!![/quote]

Is that what Drinks meant when he said "If the lad doesn''t stop posting I''ll skin him alive"?

Norway for me this week, Rosenborg to win at home against Molde on Sunday.

Rosenborg are top with stats of W13 D7 L0. Molde are 13th with stats of W4 D8 L8.

Goood luck Scooby and all PUPs

MC

Cant look past Arsenal beating Blackpool

Even though they won 4-0 against Wigan, it was poor defending that gave them that win not so much good Blackpool play (could have been 8), the Gooners will be far too strong and shouldn''t even give them a sniff of a goal

Wigan vs Chelsea.....Guess who? (Chelsea obviously, just incase anyone thought i mean''t Wigan :P)

Chelsea started much better than i expected, and bet Wigan 7 or 8-0 (Can''t remember which teams they beat by which, they score far too many) so should easily win again this weekend....

Good Luck

Greetings PUP''s, and thanks for the great build up Nutty.  I shall endeavour not to disappoint however I''ll warn you all now that it appears this season that I am not in the best of form!  As Nigel kindly pointed out, last season I was only incorrect on 3 occasions, however this season I am 0 for 2 already!  Having been let down by both the French and Dutch champions so far, I am wondering whether to steer clear of Chelsea even though many of my PUP friends have picked them to beat Wigan this week??

I will give it my (almost) undivided attention over the next day or so and hope that the fabulous Pink''Un Pickers will show me the way to some great selections to deprive Billy of his cash.  So come Ladies and Gents, keep on posting those picks!!

Definitely Europe for me this week - it''s looking tricky domestically IMHO.

Nearly went for AC Milan at home to Lecce but I have been swayed by.......

AJAX v Roda JC - Ajax Home Win

Good luck all!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I think this week I''ll go forrrr EVERTON to beat wolves!!!!!!!! It''s nailed on, surely?! Good luck scooby DD![/quote]

Nothing is ever nailed that can''t be screwed nana![:D]

YEah Banana, did you not see the results last weekend? Everton lost, and Wolves won....so know were near nailed on....i would re pick if you were you

As the league in Norway has been up and running for a while, I''m going for a home win for Valerenga v. Sandefjord.

Valerenga are W7 D2 L0 F31 A7 at home and Sandefjord are W0 D2 L8 F5 A19 away.

Good Luck, Scooby!