Sign in to follow this  
zak123

What is happening with all of these free seats?

One thing i have felt proud to say as a CIty fan over the last 10 years, is that we always get a very high attendance to all of our games... However the last 2 games have gone by, and we are currently not using about 2000 of the seats. Given how in demand Season Tickets and Tickets were last year, whats the matter this year? We are in a higher league. I heard someone say, we dont have the number of fans, thats complete crap we are the only biggish club in a 50 mile radius of Norwich! So they must be enough fans... Is it the pricing? Surely £2 more from last year is not too much to take... I would really like to know that most games are a sell out, i think it does well for the lads on gameday to know we have sold out!

People are rather price conscious in this age of austerity.  Footballers aren''t mind. :O)

I gave up my season ticket this year due to going to uni in Sept. I would''ve been to Watford and Swansea if I could afford it and I know several people in a similar position.

More Norwich fans are watching games now than before, after Barnesly our fan base like for like will be up by about 5% on the first 3 games last year. The empty seats are extra seats as the board fell for the old 35000 every game thread. If we are top with 4 games to go the threads will have plenty moaning that they cant get a ticket.  

[quote user="AndyJR"]People are rather price conscious in this age of austerity.  Footballers aren''t mind. :O)[/quote]But apparently people were happy to spend £28 last season, but when asked to pay a few more to watch Championship football they flatly refuse....

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="AndyJR"]People are rather price conscious in this age of austerity.  Footballers aren''t mind. :O)
[/quote]

But apparently people were happy to spend £28 last season, but when asked to pay a few more to watch Championship football they flatly refuse....
[/quote]

They only say they do NCFC but ticket sales for Norwich supporters are up. Dont beleive most of those saying they are boycotting games went to many games last year other than Leeds and when we were top.

£20 for a kid is embarrassing, £30+ for adults is the same!

Charging this much for early season games against non attractive opposition is biting the hand that feeds you!

No wonder crowds have been down charging this much!

Yes price increases were enevitable but the casual prices are over the top.

I''d say we''d of had 1000 more for both home League games had the pricing been more reasonable! 

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

£20 for a kid is embarrassing, £30+ for adults is the same!

Charging this much for early season games against non attractive opposition is biting the hand that feeds you!

No wonder crowds have been down charging this much!

Yes price increases were enevitable but the casual prices are over the top.

I''d say we''d of had 1000 more for both home League games had the pricing been more reasonable! 

[/quote]

But that would create a major revenue problem. Firstly more Norwich supporters are attending now than last year at this time. Lets however take the priceing suggested. We sold 5000 casual tickets. assuming a 50 / 50 split adults and concessions we would lose £10 per seat based on prices of concessions £10 and adults £20. Loss of income therefore £50000. To replace his income we would have to sell an additional 3300 seats 1650 @ £10 = £16500 1650 @ £20 = £33000. Which player do you nominate thesale of to replace this income? Even if adult seat prices were £25 we would still need to sell 2857 more tickets to replace this income. If you are asking for me as a season ticket holder to pay more than you as a casual for my seat I say no way. Doncasters policies of cheap football for all simplybring league 1 football

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]I gave up my season ticket this year due to going to uni in Sept. I would''ve been to Watford and Swansea if I could afford it and I know several people in a similar position.[/quote]

You can have mine if you have a grey wig and don''t mind sitting with the missus (who went to 3 universities) and the boy (who was Craft student of the year)..

People keep going on about having more home supporters in the ground for the first two games than the same period last season, but that is purely because we have more season ticket holders.

How much was an average adult season ticket this year? around the £400?

Well if we''re now talking about £30 per match for casual tickets than affectively season ticket holders are only actually paying for around 14 games per season out of 23 which is a massive discount.

My main concern is that season ticket prices are going to rise massively for next season and then I think we could really struggle to get over the 20,000 mark for each game if we only have around 15,000 season ticket holders and are charging £30 for casual tickets.

I know the figures I have used may not be perfectly accurate and not all match tickets will be £30 etc but im just using it as a guide.

This isn''t just an NCFC problem though it''s a football problem.

[quote user="Canariesworld"]People keep going on about having more home supporters in the ground for the first two games than the same period last season, but that is purely because we have more season ticket holders. How much was an average adult season ticket this year? around the £400? Well if we''re now talking about £30 per match for casual tickets than affectively season ticket holders are only actually paying for around 14 games per season out of 23 which is a massive discount. My main concern is that season ticket prices are going to rise massively for next season and then I think we could really struggle to get over the 20,000 mark for each game if we only have around 15,000 season ticket holders and are charging £30 for casual tickets. I know the figures I have used may not be perfectly accurate and not all match tickets will be £30 etc but im just using it as a guide. This isn''t just an NCFC problem though it''s a football problem.[/quote]

Season ticket prices ''might'' increase, but massively?  Can''t see it myself.

Although if it means we get a better squad and watch better football then I would pay an extra £50.

Pay peanuts you get monkeys

[quote user="Canariesworld"]People keep going on about having more home supporters in the ground for the first two games than the same period last season, but that is purely because we have more season ticket holders. How much was an average adult season ticket this year? around the £400? Well if we''re now talking about £30 per match for casual tickets than affectively season ticket holders are only actually paying for around 14 games per season out of 23 which is a massive discount. My main concern is that season ticket prices are going to rise massively for next season and then I think we could really struggle to get over the 20,000 mark for each game if we only have around 15,000 season ticket holders and are charging £30 for casual tickets. I know the figures I have used may not be perfectly accurate and not all match tickets will be £30 etc but im just using it as a guide. This isn''t just an NCFC problem though it''s a football problem.[/quote]

Yep you have hit one of my nails on the head. As a season ticket holder our tickets are far to cheap. Based on the prices people have been quoteing ie £31 per adult £20 per concession below 16 I think you will find that you only get 9.25 games for a family compared to my 23. However McNally would have had to write in garuntees of income when he renegotiated our credit lines. He knows that our garunteed fan base that turns up come what may at present is around 23500. So realistically the club are providing exceptionally cheap football for the vast majority, for the rest he needs to milk as much money as he can get. He is a business man trying to keep a business afloat. It is water of a duck back people complaining aboutthe prices. Reduce them to £10 for concessions and £25 for adults we need crowds approaching 27000 for the same revenue. As much as I feel for people that can longer afford it blame the players and Sky.  

In my view, anything over about 22 quid is expensive to watch a game, so 30 quid is simply ridiculous in these times of austerity. The club should forget about grading the games and judge each game as it comes depending on team-success and casual sales levels (ie lower the prices if casual sales are poor, and raise them if good). I would willingly pay top wack if we are near the top of the league, but not otherwise.  

[quote user="paul moy"]In my view, anything over about 22 quid is expensive to watch a game, so 30 quid is simply ridiculous in these times of austerity. The club should forget about grading the games and judge each game as it comes depending on team-success and casual sales levels (ie lower the prices if casual sales are poor, and raise them if good). I would willingly pay top wack if we are near the top of the league, but not otherwise.  [/quote]Well I think this is absolute rubbish.  Prices reflect a general trend across the whole league and the whole of football, why would be undersell ourselves compared to other clubs?  It has been proven that our prices are no different to other clubs in the Championship.  The current financial situation we all face is a fallacy in the world of football, because it is a simple case of supply and demand.  People still want the tickets (notice it was only the areas with restricted views which failed to sell), and that is how the club will see it.Your ''solution'' would see more complaints than ever, success is hard to measure and is very subjective.  I would see us finishing anywhere above 15th/16th this season as a success.  What if someone bought a ticket to the game for £30 and then the club said ''well we aren''t selling the others so we''ll sell them at half the price''....they''d be uproar.If people are willing to pay £28 then I am sorry but an increase of £2 is nothing...if you can afford £28 you can afford £30 and it is as simple as that.  If you are questioning that rise and whether it is affordable you shouldn''t be buying a ticket in the first place.

[quote user="paul moy"]In my view, anything over about 22 quid is expensive to watch a game, so 30 quid is simply ridiculous in these times of austerity. The club should forget about grading the games and judge each game as it comes depending on team-success and casual sales levels (ie lower the prices if casual sales are poor, and raise them if good). I would willingly pay top wack if we are near the top of the league, but not otherwise.  [/quote]

So would you expect a side full of promising players for your £22, or a team of has been donkeys?  For years the fans have been moaning about the club being ''''too family'''' orientated, and that they don''t make money to buy decent players, sick of loans because we can''t afford to buy them.  Now the club are putting prices up and it''s being run on more of a business basis and fans are moaning the tickets are too high in price.

What do you expect to pay when we are in the CCC?  Or should we all just make a donation as we go through the gates? lol [;)]

With the current economic climate, and people losing jobs, not everyone can afford to go who normally would. Thats why people are consistantly moaning about ticket prices. I think that ticket prices should go down to £25 tops!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="paul moy"]In my view, anything over about 22 quid is expensive to watch a game, so 30 quid is simply ridiculous in these times of austerity. The club should forget about grading the games and judge each game as it comes depending on team-success and casual sales levels (ie lower the prices if casual sales are poor, and raise them if good). I would willingly pay top wack if we are near the top of the league, but not otherwise.  [/quote]

So would you expect a side full of promising players for your £22, or a team of has been donkeys?  For years the fans have been moaning about the club being ''''too family'''' orientated, and that they don''t make money to buy decent players, sick of loans because we can''t afford to buy them.  Now the club are putting prices up and it''s being run on more of a business basis and fans are moaning the tickets are too high in price.

What do you expect to pay when we are in the CCC?  Or should we all just make a donation as we go through the gates? lol [;)]

[/quote]I don''t often agree with you WAY but a big [Y] from me.For too long we''ve been underselling our club, and we''re only now pulling ourselves in line with everyone else.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]With the current economic climate, and people losing jobs, not everyone can afford to go who normally would. Thats why people are consistantly moaning about ticket prices. I think that ticket prices should go down to £25 tops![/quote]That''s rubbish Banana.If you can''t afford to go, you can''t afford to go.  The club, however much people might like to think they do, do not care about you.  They are a business and they want to sell seats at the optimum price.  If that''s too expensive for some people, then I am sorry but that''s tough luck.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

I don''t often agree with you WAY but a big [Y] from me.

For too long we''ve been underselling our club, and we''re only now pulling ourselves in line with everyone else.
[/quote]

It''s called seeing the bigger picture lol

[quote user="I am a Banana"]With the current economic climate, and people losing jobs, not everyone can afford to go who normally would. Thats why people are consistantly moaning about ticket prices. I think that ticket prices should go down to £25 tops![/quote]

Years ago I had to stop going to every home game because I couldn''t afford it, but I sure as hell didn''t moan about it, or the price of tickets.  That was my lot in life, I just supported by listening on the radio and proudly wearing my colours.

If you can''t afford something you don''t have it, it''s simple.

Top 5 average home attendances in Championship with % of capacity

1 Leeds United 26761 64.4%

2 Derby County 25103 74.7%

3 Nottingham Forest 24986 81.6%

4 Norwich City 24348 92.5%

5 Sheffield United 22651 69.4%

Looks as though other need to worry a bit more about their empty seats than us. For comparison average last year in League 1 was 24,657 so slightly down to date.

[/quote]

I''m not saying that prices should always be 22 quid, if you follow my post. I''m saying that if the team is winning then the club can charge top wack, but if form is bad or average, then prices should be average. If season-ticket holders are paying an average 17 quid, I don''t see how 30 quid can be justified, especially if the club is not filling the stadium. Surely, if there are empty seats week after week that is telling the club something.  On the other hand, if they are filling it, they are right to charge whatever maximum people will pay.   

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

I''m not saying that prices should always be 22 quid, if you follow my post. I''m saying that if the team is winning then the club can charge top wack, but if form is bad or average, then prices should be average. If season-ticket holders are paying an average 17 quid, I don''t see how 30 quid can be justified, especially if the club is not filling the stadium. Surely, if there are empty seats week after week that is telling the club something.  On the other hand, if they are filling it, they are right to charge whatever maximum people will pay.   

[/quote]

That''s the major point, supply and demand,  if they weren''t getting above 13,000 week in week out then I would say there is a big problem, but the fact we get over 22,000 and then some most weeks suggests to me that the pricing is ok.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]With the current economic climate, and people losing jobs, not everyone can afford to go who normally would. Thats why people are consistantly moaning about ticket prices. I think that ticket prices should go down to £25 tops![/quote]

Years ago I had to stop going to every home game because I couldn''t afford it, but I sure as hell didn''t moan about it, or the price of tickets.  That was my lot in life, I just supported by listening on the radio and proudly wearing my colours.

[/quote]

I agree, but that argument becomes invalid if nobody goes...... LOL

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

I agree, but that argument becomes invalid if nobody goes...... LOL

[/quote]

That''s not going to happen so makes that conversation invalid lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s the major point, supply and demand,  if they weren''t getting above 13,000 week in week out then I would say there is a big problem, but the fact we get over 22,000 and then some most weeks suggests to me that the pricing is ok.

[/quote]

Bearing in mind that 20,500 of those are already going because they are season-ticket holders, that suggests to me that season-ticket prices are ok, but casual ticket prices are NOT ok.  

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bearing in mind that 20,500 of those are already going because they are season-ticket holders, that suggests to me that season-ticket prices are ok, but casual ticket prices are NOT ok.  

[/quote]

If I were a casual supporter and I could afford it I would pay whatever price they wanted.  Indeed I have done in the past.