Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Swansea Match report on www.dh6.co.uk

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

Why all the negativity about our performance yesterday?  We created more chances to score than Swansea.  OK, they had a lot of possession, but the penalty incident and one other occasion in the 2nd half were the only times they looked like scoring.

[/quote]It was a bit like the Leeds match last year, I thought - they had plenty of the ball in midfield but we pressed them and kept it just tight enough, and then scored at the end (except we scored twice, just to rub it in).

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Erm.... My man or the match would not be ruddy like you think!! Please proof rear it should be man of the match [y]

it was Elliot Ward''s best game in a Norwich shirt and he was by far the man of the match makig sone quality last ditch tackles!!!![/quote]How ironic that you would talk about ''proof reading''.

Very accurate report Darren, I agree with what you have said there.  for the record, it was actually Crofts who headed wide from the first half corner, not Holty.

As for Wes, like you mention on his day he can be a match winner for us, but when its not his day, do you feel it is as if we are playing with 10 men?  That''s almost how it felt to me.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Erm.... My man or the match would not be ruddy like you think!! Please proof rear it should be man of the match [y] it was Elliot Ward''s best game in a Norwich shirt and he was by far the man of the match makig sone quality last ditch tackles!!!![/quote]
How ironic that you would talk about ''proof reading''.
[/quote]

I struggle on the ipod! - but these meassages are not on a match review, and tbh man of the match should not be mistaken for man or the match.

[quote user="hucks"]Swansea Match report now on www.dh6.co.uk

http://www.dh6.co.uk/s14a1n34p1/NORWICH-CITY-V-SWANSEA-CITY.html

please leave comments here

thanks

Hucks[/quote]Great report Hucks - if it really is the real Darren Huckerby [:-*]Would you mind signing my City shirt some time? [:D]

I agree with most of what is said in the report. For much of the game we were piss poor. I thought Swansea were the better side for much of the game, but didn''t know where the goal was

For those who say ''why all the negativity?'' my answer is that we played poorly for a lot of the time. Left them with way too much space, allowed their strikers too much time on the ball, too many passes going no-where and no-one taking the game by the scruff of the neck and generating some passion.

There were some good performances (e.g. Ward and Ruddy), but too many individuals were way below par

But, most importantly we just didn''t seem to gel as a team.

That doesn''t mean I''m getting on anyone''s back or moaning that this is the start of a trend, or maoning at all in fact

Just what I saw and felt

Onwards and upwards to the next game - and as others have said, if we can play below par and win that cannot be bad....

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Erm.... My man or the match would not be ruddy like you think!! Please proof rear it should be man of the match [y] it was Elliot Ward''s best game in a Norwich shirt and he was by far the man of the match makig sone quality last ditch tackles!!!![/quote]
[/quote]

I struggle on the ipod! - but these meassages are not on a match review, and tbh man of the match should not be mistaken for man or the match.

[/quote]

With everyone knowing I''m a big Hucks fan and knowing that I will get teased by Tilly for posting in any Hucks threads I have not posted in the match report or charity threads but can''t resist any longer [:)]

For goodness sake young Banana you''re making yourself look a right idiot. Hucks is a legend in these parts and so whatever he writes in his reports/website or whatever he does for this community, he will be well supported by the majority of us.

If you didn''t rate him as a player then thats fine, but don''t knock him for his efforts because most of us appreciate what he''s doing.

Rant over.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

With everyone knowing I''m a big Hucks fan and knowing that I will get teased by Tilly for posting in any Hucks threads I have not posted in the match report or charity threads but can''t resist any longer [:)]

For goodness sake young Banana you''re making yourself look a right idiot. Hucks is a legend in these parts and so whatever he writes in his reports/website or whatever he does for this community, he will be well supported by the majority of us.

If you didn''t rate him as a player then thats fine, but don''t knock him for his efforts because most of us appreciate what he''s doing.

Rant over.

[/quote]

Rant read.

Thanks city angel, I don''t mind people saying I''m rubbish, but if someone say''s I''m a dishonest I can''t be having that, I''ve worked really hard getting this website up and running, I think hopefully it''s something a little different and hopefully the fans will appreciate my perspective

Hucks

Nana''s a silly little boy, Hucks as worked that out already!

I think its very brave coming on a public forum, although you could honestly write aload of drivvble and we would still love it!

Will you be in the crowd at Forest on Saturday Darren?

[quote user="hucks"]Thanks city angel, I don''t mind people saying I''m rubbish, but if someone say''s I''m a dishonest I can''t be having that, I''ve worked really hard getting this website up and running, I think hopefully it''s something a little different and hopefully the fans will appreciate my perspective

Hucks[/quote]What a legend [Y]You most certainly arent rubbish Hucks, my fave City player from the past decade [<:o)]

[quote user="hucksatdh6dotcodotuk"]I''ll be there at Forest, trying to get one of the lads to do guest review at Blackburn[/quote]If it really is you, Darren, I''d like to thank you for once telling my ex-girlfriend, over the phone in the toilets at Delaney''s, that she was wrong to have dumped me...

I''m sure Hucks would love to be associated with Foncy and the Pups - how about it Darren, couple of beers in the Bayer with us and the Angel and the Banana?Arrdee''s smile from up above would be as wide as the Nile Delta seeing this.

[quote user="leedscanary"]I''m sure Hucks would love to be associated with Foncy and the Pups - how about it Darren, couple of beers in the Bayer with us and the Angel and the Banana?
[/quote]

I think i would be had into a banana split [:P]

[quote user="I am an Idiot"]

[/quote]Please go back to Holland, and never return. Hucks great read as a City exile you are the first card I use, as to why supporting City is so great. How many other former players actually go on to support the club?  As a Norwich City fan I salute you!

[quote user="Willmeister"][quote user="I am an Idiot"]

[/quote]

Please go back to Holland, and never return. Hucks great read as a City exile you are the first card I use, as to why supporting City is so great. How many other former players actually go on to support the club?  As a Norwich City fan I salute you!
[/quote]

Bryan Gunn.

am exiled City fan now living in Sweden - only get back occasionally to see the boys. However, have seen a couple of matches on our Swedish TV this season, including yesterdays match, and therefore was able to judge your report on how I saw things. I am pleased to say that it Was very much as I saw it and now know that I can rely on your reporting for a good description of the game - it complements Ricardo´s also excellent pieces. Keep it up! we were lucky to get all three points, but positives are Ruddy and Wards performances and Jackson getting off the mark. Two weeks ago after the Watford game the former two were quoted as being our two week links - yesterday they were probably the two, along with Nelson who kept us in the game. To quote Jimmy greaves "it´s a funny old game"

Great reports Hucks... agree with most of it. Looking forward to the Ashton & Iwan interviews.

Good stuff Hucks!I was in the upper Barclay for my first game of the season and agree with a lot of what was said.interesting view from up there particularly with regards to seeing how the team kept their shape. i think thats one of the Reasons Ward did well.

I hope Earnie doesn''t come back to bite us on the backside again.....not sure what you all think but I believe he is in our top 5 players of the past 10 years. One of the best goalscorers undoubtably.

[quote user="Largey"]I hope Earnie doesn''t come back to bite us on the backside again.....not sure what you all think but I believe he is in our top 5 players of the past 10 years. One of the best goalscorers undoubtably.[/quote]

There is no doubt that Earnshaw is a great goal scorer, but I cannot stand that goal celebration he always does...I remember Forest were losing away last year and Earnshaw pulled a goal back with not long left..but they needed another goal to draw...yet instead of grabbing the ball and taking it back to kick off to hopefully grab an equaliser, he did that stupid show off celebration and wasted time when they were losing!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Hey Hucks. It would be great if you could pop in for an hour............

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2225421/ShowPost.aspx

(2nd post down).

I think I can stretch to a half of Taddy.........[:D]

[/quote]

Just seen this...

You''re more than welcome to pop in. As are all the Pink Un Posters[Y]

Why not become a Pink Un Picker (PUP) and add aselection for Diesel Doris to consider this week? That goes for all the posters. All you posters are welcome on the Rays Funds for FONCY threads and at the Pickers Meets[Y]