Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Swansea Match report on www.dh6.co.uk

good report, agree especially with the point regarding the diamond being weak against quality wingers, Sinclair caused us all sorts of problems today, I think its something we are going to need to watch out for in future games.

MOM for me is either Ward or Ruddy, both were quality today and im pleased for both of them considering the starts they had to the season which were not ideal.

I''d say scared. Theres a very real possibility that next time you put something in your wheelie bin, you will open the lid, and see a smiling Mr Chops.

[quote user="hucksdh6couk"]cheers Mister chops, don''t know whether to be thankful or scared![/quote]Don''t worry Darren, Chopsy just has a peculiar way of showing his affection.The Doc''s still OK, so going by that evidence atleast he shouldn''t be too dangerous a fanatic.

I agree with the vast majority of it, however I thought Ward had a incredibly fantastic game and he isn’t mentioned.

Without his 2-3 last ditch tackles we would have been 2 down at half time.

[quote user="Songwriter"]I agree with the vast majority of it, however I thought Ward had a incredibly fantastic game and he isn’t mentioned. Without his 2-3 last ditch tackles we would have been 2 down at half time.[/quote]

Agreed, Ward was fantastic today. We were comprehensively outplayed and got lucky. Good, honest report from Hux.

Good report, a poor performance today and a very lucky win. Swansea are a very good team and with a decent striker could have beaten us by a few goals. But we won and confidence will grow, the first 20 showed that we can play some good football, hopefully we can build on that for subsequent games.

Erm.... My man or the match would not be ruddy like you think!! Please proof rear it should be man of the match [y]

it was Elliot Ward''s best game in a Norwich shirt and he was by far the man of the match makig sone quality last ditch tackles!!!!

[quote user="I am an Apple"]Great Report Darren, feel free to come out of retirement for us and get us back to the prem ;)[/quote]Please be joking!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Erm.... My man or the match would not be ruddy like you think!! Please proof rear it should be man of the match [y]

it was Elliot Ward''s best game in a Norwich shirt and he was by far the man of the match makig sone quality last ditch tackles!!!![/quote]If you''re going to play spelling police, its best you spell your own posts correctly.[:)]

er, at the risk of sounding like a tit, is that THE Mr H posting?

surely he has someone doing all the webstuff for him!?

[quote user="a1canary"]er, at the risk of sounding like a tit, is that THE Mr H posting?

surely he has someone doing all the webstuff for him!?[/quote]Yes it is, Sports Desk Pete confirmed.

Nice report - however wasn''t it Crofts who sent the header just wide in the first half? Our only decent chance other than Korey Smiths shot up until the two goals...

Is that the real Darren Huckerby??

Great report Hucks, i have to say though, embarrassingly, that i share Mr Chops sentiments!!

P.S. Don''t encourage the banana ;-)

Why all the negativity about our performance yesterday?  We created more chances to score than Swansea.  OK, they had a lot of possession, but the penalty incident and one other occasion in the 2nd half were the only times they looked like scoring.

Swansea nearly made the play offs last season and I think we should be encouraged that we beat them, particularly as Wes had such a poor game and Holt still doesn''t look fully fit.

The only concern for me is that we struggled against their wide players.  I thought we looked slightly stronger defnsively at the end when we put 4 accross the middle.  If we do persevere with the diamond we have got to work out how to give the fullbacks more support.  It wasn''t an issue last season because the quality of the opposition was so poor.

One criticism of Swansea - they seemed to give up when they missed the penalty.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

Why all the negativity about our performance yesterday?  We created more chances to score than Swansea.  OK, they had a lot of possession, but the penalty incident and one other occasion in the 2nd half were the only times they looked like scoring.

Swansea nearly made the play offs last season and I think we should be encouraged that we beat them, particularly as Wes had such a poor game and Holt still doesn''t look fully fit.

The only concern for me is that we struggled against their wide players.  I thought we looked slightly stronger defnsively at the end when we put 4 accross the middle.  If we do persevere with the diamond we have got to work out how to give the fullbacks more support.  It wasn''t an issue last season because the quality of the opposition was so poor.

One criticism of Swansea - they seemed to give up when they missed the penalty.

[/quote]

We didnt play well yet still won against a good Championship team, you are right. I think we all want to see us play well every game, obviously not realistic. The question really is will we be able to raise our game when it matters to nick victories against the better teams, who knows, but I think we do have the potential in players like Surman and Jackson to improve significantly as the season progresses. Looking at the first three league games, most of us would have been happy to take 6 points before the season started