Sign in to follow this  
stoopish .

PLEASE HELP ME GET RID OF ROY WALLER!

No this is long overdue I''m afraid. Waller is at best a very poor commentator and at worst an embarrassment. You are more likely to hear about blankets, cups of tea and sandwiches than the tactics of the team and the play. This is second rate coverage not Premier league. 

Today was just about was the last straw. At one point he was discussing with Neil Adams whether Mckenzie should be subbed......problem was we already had 3 subs on the field ! At another point he seriously asked Adams when we were 4-0 down and bottom of the league WHETHER THIS WAS SERIOUS ? 

The post match interviews are almost laughable. Lots of questions need to be asked of Worthy and the club but Waller will never ask them. It''s all the old pals act and he is far too concerned about keeping ''in'' with the club. He needs to know we pay for the wages of everybody at the club and we pay his wages too through licence fees for the BBC.

Loser ? Its not the people starting the petition its the Radio Norfolk commentary and coverage with this man week after week.

You are entitled to your opinions, I am entitled to mine. Thing is, I have over 100 signatories of genuine fans who hate Roy Waller, and thats in 2 hours of the petition being online. Its set to increase for sure.

So, looks like im a loser with a lot of support hey.

If you think that he is so poor, I would like YOU to offer your services to Radio Norfolk and Mathew Gudgin (as sports editor). Before you start slagging people off like this, firstly consider if you would ever be able to do that job, and secondly - who else is there to do the job?

I''m sure something could be arranged with Radio Norfolk...

Thanks for that totally irrelevant  and illogical offer but the key point (which you might just have missed) is that he''s passing himself off as a paid commentator and I''m not.  By the way I find I am also able to criticise poor service on buses and trains without planning to become the driver, and in restaurants without wanting to be a cook. Its easy when you know how.  A few more years at Brum Uni and you will grasp these things but don''t ever criticise any of lecturers unless you can do it better eh ?

This is just after 2-3 hours. Its created a great response. You may like him, but hundreds dont. Give it a week or so and im sure they''ll be 1000+ signatures im sure.

Is this the same bloke who sent 200 emails to Radio Norfolk asking them to sack Waller?

I really can''t be arsed to check, but if it is....obsessive compulsive behaviour or what?

You do realise that internet forums are about as representative as a talk radio phone in I assume?

LOL...when was the last time you heard anyone say "I saw it on the internet - It must be fact!"

For the record, I prefer Waller''s commentary to that other wet fart they sometimes have on instead - hes Alan Partridge the second.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Roy Waller should stay put, keep it going Roy, don''t let these ignorant backward glory hunting Ipswich supporting "fans" push you out of a job you rightly deserve to carry out each weekend. Half of you aren''t real supporters, you are part of the prawn sandwich bregade who begn "supporting " norwich when we kicked off against palace. Go else where you complete losers.

Lay off roy, with all had a bad day today, we need to stick by the team, stick by true fans like Roy and those who think they can do a better job should go commentate at ipswich where your sort will be welcomed. Be ashamed, be very ashamed. You are a disgrace, i can''t believe any of you are gentlemen or indeed from Norfolk. Get some bloody manners.

Edd Smith, life time canary

[quote]Fed up with his commentary? Me too! http://www.PetitionOnline.com/rwaller/petition.html please sign this and get as many of your friends to sign too, and lets oust this inept pensioner from the ai...[/quote]

I can understand your frustration today and also with Mr Waller especially with his post match interviews but with your petition being posted on several rivals websites its not going to be taken very seriously is it?

I would guess that over 50% of your 140 signatures are Ipswich fans who are just taking the p*** out of you and us.

Perhaps your energy could be redirected where its needed, Radio Norfolk is the least of our worries at the moment!

Errr...I haven''t criticised any of my lecturers and that is way off the point and also quite patronising.
Roy is providing a service to people who cannot make the games, especially to those in exile or who live abroad as I will be next year - a 2 hour programme will be the only link I have to my home county and I will be glad to have it.

As for your point about trains and buses....what are you on about? Surely the reason for all the problems is not the driver but the management and the infrastructure? In many respects a bit like the views of several posters on this board about the team. An idea for the restaurant - if you don''t like the food, get up and leave....if you don''t like his commentary, DON''T LISTEN!!!!

Anyway, judging by your display name, you have no need for listening to the radio - go back to the city stand and eat your sandwiches.

Well, Well - I wonder how many of the 213 signatures on the petition are real . I just tested it by registering as Eric Gates , and also gave a false email eric.gates@itfc.com - hey presto my signature was added to the petition - who is to say that the large percentage of those 213 signatures are''nt in fact made by the same person or small group of sad people.

you''ll be lucky..I put a petition up requesting an apology from everscum..and we didn''t reach the 1k mark...

we know roy''s shortcomings, agreed he is not a top commentator.. but he loves the club and is very passionate about...I might start another to leave Roy Waller be

lolololol not really

I do have one up about the FA charging fans site hundreds of £s to display the fixtute list, I received a threat of legal action..

please sign that and pput the word about

http://www.petitiononline.com/FRF/petition.html

Leave Roy the Boy alone!

I find him quite amusing really. You''ve got to love his partizan commentaries and the way he shouts "That''s gotta be offside ref!" virtually every time the opposition attack.

Hurrah for Roy and Neil with their cups of Bovril and blanket to keep them warm.

right we are bottom of the prem no win and all you want to do is get rid of roy waller get a life who cares who com on the match it gives people who work or cant get tickets .wake up sad one.

[quote]This is just after 2-3 hours. Its created a great response. You may like him, but hundreds dont. Give it a week or so and im sure they''ll be 1000+ signatures im sure.[/quote]

I''ve a better idea Stoopish, lets start a petition in support of Roy, and against you, in your occupation!.

I, and hundreds of others love Roy, you''re a  bloody non entity, game over mate!. 

[quote]Fed up with his commentary? Me too! http://www.PetitionOnline.com/rwaller/petition.html please sign this and get as many of your friends to sign too, and lets oust this inept pensioner from the ai...[/quote]

I had a look at this petition - do you really intend to present this litany of semi-literate bile (not to mention the delighted Ipswich supporters) to Radio Norfolk management? And if you do, how on earth do you expect them to take it seriously?

You are clearly very frustrated - that''s understandable, because these are frustrating times. But save your energy for supporting City, because by jove they need it!

[quote]I''ve a better idea Stoopish, lets start a petition in support of Roy, and against you, in your occupation!. I, and hundreds of others love Roy, you''re a bloody non entity, game over mate!.[/quote]

Quite agree Wizard, suggest no-one else answers this thread then it will hopefully dissappear along with its owner.

I thought there was a thread going round about not personally abusing other posters, yet this one''s full of slagging. Oh well! Roy Waller is amusing, partisan and all that but he''s a poor commentator, he''s supposed to tell us what''s going on and regularly fails to do it at the most basic level. Some of you make it sound like there''s no other option. What!! There''s only 1 or 2 holding the commentators certificate or something? and yes, after 200 years doing the job I do think I could do it better. I could at least ask Worthy why he persists with Holt when he the evidence is clear he''s not up to the job.

Roy Waller is a LEGEND!   He''s an institution!

Saturday afternoons wouldn''t be the same without Roy and Neils tones coming out of the stereo. You get a good biased commentary with Roy..just the way i like it.

And making a few mistakes here and there..so what. It adds to the fun of listening. If you sacked every commentator in sport for making a few mistakes there wouldn''t be any left mate.

I live in London now and cant get to every game, but I really enjoy listening to Roy and Niel almost as much as going to the games!!! I think they make a great team and long may they stay at BBCRN!

Oh for goodness sakes referee!

Roy Waller is no Alan Green, but that alone is not reason enough to give the old chap the boot. He is an institution, and although he may not be totally perfect in his role, who in life is?

Answers on a postcard please, to Mr R Waller, Radio Norfolk, The Forum, Norwich.

Got a lot of support on WOTB??

Big ******* deal. Its full of chavs and brain dead to55ers last time I looked.

Kind of proves our point.

[quote]www.wrathofthebarclay.co.uk got alot of support off there....[/quote]

So answer the question stoopish, are you really going to make yourself look silly by handing over a petition to Radio Norfolk which is full of jokers and Ipswich supporters.

I can understand your frustration with Roy, but now that your link is on rival websites for anyone to sign, your petition has lost all credibility.

Maybe an email to Radio Norfolk would be more constructive or get on the phone to Neil Adams in canary call and make your feelings known.