Sign in to follow this  
ca

Sky Sports News - Gillette Soccer Special

Have they changed their settings, can hardly read the scores at the bottom or the fixturesscores on the right hand side and can only see half of the scoreboard when they go over to the commentators at the various games.

Seems really different and the writing is so small.

yeah they''ve made the screen bigger, reducing the boxes along the side and bottom.

Ive no problem reading it but its not as clear as it was before and will cause some a few problems I think.

I''m glad its not just me, do need my eyes testing but its much worse for me.

Someone is saying you can adjust it with the remote, anyone tried it?

The t.v I watch SSN on is showing it in pretty much the same way that you guys are describing.

Normally theres a button I press to change it but that isnt working for some reason :s

The whole channel has had a re-style as they are launching it in HD and taking it off freeview.

They are also now showing it in widescreen which they previously didn''t, if its off the edge of your TV or stretched so thats it''s to small to read you''ll its most likely because your TV is trying to show it in widecreen when you dont have a widesreen TV (or its not set-up correctly in the settings).

So if your TV isn''t wide screen change the display setting back to normal. We changed ours and its fine now.

[quote user="CT"]The t.v I watch SSN on is showing it in pretty much the same way that you guys are describing.

Normally theres a button I press to change it but that isnt working for some reason :s[/quote]I read somewhere where that was tried and worked fine only problem was it messed up the picture on all the other channels .

[quote user="GSR"]The whole channel has had a re-style as they are launching it in HD and taking it off freeview.

They are also now showing it in widescreen which they previously didn''t, if its off the edge of your TV or stretched so thats it''s to small to read you''ll its most likely because your TV is trying to show it in widecreen when you dont have a widesreen TV (or its not set-up correctly in the settings). So if your TV isn''t wide screen change the display setting back to normal. We changed ours and its fine now.[/quote]

My tv is a widescreen tv

To check you have the correct setting for a Widescreen TV on a Sky Box.

Press "services" on your remote control.

Press "4 system setup"

Press "1 picture settings"

Check "picture format" is "16:9"

If it does then you have the correct settings.

If it says "4:3" or "4:3L" then change the setting to "16:9"

Press "save new settings" at bottom of the screen.

All done!

At least you guys still have the channel. me and loades of others who cant afford sky done even get the service anymore due to Rupert Murdochs greediness

The live scores text is almost indecipherable at the bottom of the screen - too small - and the different colours for the scores on the RH side of the screen don''t make it easy to read either.

As a bonus you get to see more of the SSN birds though!

[quote user="The Butler"]

It''s no better on a 50" plasma (so my master tells me!)

Another redesign for the benefit of who?

[/quote]

For the benefit of their paying customers obviously. I can (for the moment) watch SSN on 405 (SD) and 455 (HD) perfectly, with nothing missing or "chopped off". In HD the picture and sound quality is perfect, just what you expect from Sky.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''m glad its not just me, do need my eyes testing but its much worse for me.

Someone is saying you can adjust it with the remote, anyone tried it?

[/quote]

Sounds like we all need to buy bigger tv''s, but you can alter it with the remote, on mine the button has the word wide on it, this works     

[quote user="barclayendstand"]To check you have the correct setting for a Widescreen TV on a Sky Box. Press "services" on your remote control. Press "4 system setup" Press "1 picture settings" Check "picture format" is "16:9" If it does then you have the correct settings. If it says "4:3" or "4:3L" then change the setting to "16:9" Press "save new settings" at bottom of the screen. All done![/quote]

Thanks Barclayendstand...Mine is back to normal now

[quote user="barclayendstand"]To check you have the correct setting for a Widescreen TV on a Sky Box.

Press "services" on your remote control.

Press "4 system setup"

Press "1 picture settings"

Check "picture format" is "16:9"

If it does then you have the correct settings.

If it says "4:3" or "4:3L" then change the setting to "16:9"

Press "save new settings" at bottom of the screen.

All done![/quote]Thank You Very Much!!!!The information is much appreciated, your an absolute star [:D]Mine is perfect now, cheers.

[quote user="barclayendstand"]To check you have the correct setting for a Widescreen TV on a Sky Box. Press "services" on your remote control. Press "4 system setup" Press "1 picture settings" Check "picture format" is "16:9" If it does then you have the correct settings. If it says "4:3" or "4:3L" then change the setting to "16:9" Press "save new settings" at bottom of the screen. All done![/quote]

Our picture format says 16.9 but the next one down which says second location picture format says 4.3 so what do I need to do please ?

Second picture location is used if you have a second tv connected to the sky box via the rf2 output on the back of the box and a "magic eye" is used to operate the remote to control the second tv.

ie when the main TV is widescreen and the second tv is non widescreen.

Unfortunately it doesn''t work for me as I have an old 16 inch TV in the room where I normally watch SSN.

Davo

[quote user="barclayendstand"]Second picture location is used if you have a second tv connected to the sky box via the rf2 output on the back of the box and a "magic eye" is used to operate the remote to control the second tv. ie when the main TV is widescreen and the second tv is non widescreen.[/quote]

So I won''t be able to alter the screen to read it as I could before?

No I wouldn''t think so.

Although I was at work earlier, someone said that Soccer Special on SSN tonight had slightly larger graphics than Tuesday nights show. So It looks like they may have responded to complains that the score information was too small to read.