Sign in to follow this  
Destort

Alan Lee down to League 1

Am surprised the guy wasn''t snapped up by another Championship club, more than ample back up as the big target man role.

Lee Clark has done well there for Huddersfield.

[quote user="Destort"]

Am surprised the guy wasn''t snapped up by another Championship club, more than ample back up as the big target man role.

Lee Clark has done well there for Huddersfield.

[/quote]

I agree, always thought he would do a good job in that league. I imagine him to get 15-20 goals for them

Why on earth did he leave Palace, or a more suitable question why did they let him leave. [:|]

I thought he was a starting player and scored many goals. Would be delighted to have a player like him here, more proven than Holt anyway.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Good for him, moving down a league to play regular football its about time more players do that [y]

[/quote]

he went for more money on a longer contract

not first team football

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Huddersfield really have been spending over the past 18 months, no way we could afford to bring him in as just cover.
[/quote]

he wouldn''t come here as cover though IMO. Is there nothing coming through the academy?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Huddersfield really have been spending over the past 18 months, no way we could afford to bring him in as just cover.[/quote]

he wouldn''t come here as cover though IMO. Is there nothing coming through the academy?

[/quote]*Snigger*

[quote user="portmanking"]*Snigger*[/quote]I wonder if you''ll *snigger* when we come down and *dump* on your council tip![:^)]

Best of luck to Lee. One of the few players who looked like he gave a toss during our relegation.

I never really rated him but he earned my respect the season we went down after appearing to be one of the very few Norwich players that season who actually gave a damn.

I get the impression some people would rather have him up front for us, instead of Holt. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but, quite frankly, it is concerning. Please can we let this obsession with Alan Lee go. We are a club which I believe is on the up, at last. Let''s just forget about Alan Lee now yes?

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]would have liked him here to be honest, excellent back up to Holty for when he gets his mandatory suspension!!!!
[/quote]

I have to agree he would have provided good competition for Holty, being the same sort of player.

Alan Lee was/is a true pro in the best sense of the phrase and I can wish him nothing but the best.Would have loved to see him here for longer but he and IFLGH are incredibly similar and Holty''s younger so there ya go!

[quote user="Disco Stu"]I get the impression some people would rather have him up front for us, instead of Holt. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but, quite frankly, it is concerning. Please can we let this obsession with Alan Lee go. We are a club which I believe is on the up, at last. Let''s just forget about Alan Lee now yes?[/quote]

Where on earth do you get that from? Alan Lee earned the respect of everyone here for his passion and commitment, but I doubt that anyone would put him ahead of Holty. I don''t see why commenting on an ex-player is always classed as an obsession. And no, I won''t forget about him or any other player that''s played for the club, if that''s quite allright with you your highness. Would you have us all forget about Darren Huckerby?